Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Akeno017

Why do people dislike Republique so much?

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles

Recently playing my Republique I've managed to lose a grand total of 5 karma, and im genuinely confused.

Im no stranger to T10 battleship play, and I capable of pushing and pulling out when appropriate, I've been utilizing both ammo types according to the situation and confidently feel that I have been using this ship to its strengths and compensating for its weaknesses, managing to score 170k+ damage on my first 4 battles consecutively and 150k/1.9kexp over a total of 20 battles in what is my 9th T10. Needless to say, I feel that after 6000 battles, I've finally found a ship which I haven't had such genuine fulfilment and enjoyment coming out of a battle with for quite awhile and have been feeling quite proud about my accomplishments so far in.

So I honestly have no idea why or what people are apparently reporting me for in this ship, which appears to be the only ship that suffers from this. having lost 4 karma, 2 per battle in the last 2 battles. I feel that my play has been good, better then I have managed in essentially any other ship, and I haven't changed my attitude toward chat or the game to warrant this. I get that karma means nothing outside of Ego points, but I am still confused and was wondering if anyone could shed a light on this or has experienced this as well in their Republiques, although I don't understand why such a ship seems report worthy?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles

Why be saddened that you get -Karma for doing your job properly?  If anything you should celebrate.  If you do well and get -Karma that means you did it well enough that people got their panties twisted in a bunch.

Savor it.

Enjoy it.

Make screenshots of it!

Save the Replay and relive their angst!

Very few things beat getting high, top score of the winning team, Kraken+, carry the team, and your enemies give you -Karma for it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

Because I don't have it yet. Karma working as designed, maybe not as intended.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SALVO]
Members
17,060 posts
17,716 battles

Just another fine example of why the entire Karma system needs to go away.

• Cool 3

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Very few things beat getting high, top score of the winning team, Kraken+, carry the team, and your enemies give you -Karma for it.

B-b-but, I had almost hit 100 Karma, I was 1 karma off dammit! So close to achieving a personal milestone, now its back down to 6 more to go. Ironically, I have yet to kraken in Republique, I always get so very close to the margin, just to run out of time by 1 second or points ticking out.

15 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Do you have replays of those last 2 battles? 

I have all 19 of them, if you're curious.

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Because I don't have it yet.

Your missing out, the ship is so much more fun then she looks to be. I brought permacamo for Alsace expecting to find the T10 just a disappointment but I have never been more wrong in an assumption.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles
6 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

B-b-but, I had almost hit 100 Karma, I was 1 karma off dammit! So close to achieving a personal milestone, now its back down to 6 more to go. Ironically, I have yet to kraken in Republique, I always get so very close to the margin, just to run out of time by 1 second or points ticking out.

You can get your karma back, but tasting peoples' salt is forever.

Check your screenshots folder.  See those previous match pictures.

"I remember this d-bag, I f--ked him and his retarded division-mate up at the same time!  Boy were they pissed!"

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
24 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Recently playing my Republique I've managed to lose a grand total of 5 karma, and im genuinely confused.

Im no stranger to T10 battleship play, and I capable of pushing and pulling out when appropriate, I've been utilizing both ammo types according to the situation and confidently feel that I have been using this ship to its strengths and compensating for its weaknesses, managing to score 170k+ damage on my first 4 battles consecutively and 150k/1.9kexp over a total of 20 battles in what is my 9th T10. Needless to say, I feel that after 6000 battles, I've finally found a ship which I haven't had such genuine fulfilment and enjoyment coming out of a battle with for quite awhile and have been feeling quite proud about my accomplishments so far in.

So I honestly have no idea why or what people are apparently reporting me for in this ship, which appears to be the only ship that suffers from this. having lost 4 karma, 2 per battle in the last 2 battles. I feel that my play has been good, better then I have managed in essentially any other ship, and I haven't changed my attitude toward chat or the game to warrant this. I get that karma means nothing outside of Ego points, but I am still confused and was wondering if anyone could shed a light on this or has experienced this as well in their Republiques, although I don't understand why such a ship seems report worthy?

Many players are sore losers. Kill them and they report you. Last year, I played a match in a Taiho where I killed 7 people and was reported 7 times at the end of the match. Don't even pay attention to karma, it doesnt mean anything.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
15 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

If I see you out there I will give you a point NP, now if only you could read everyone's full screen name it would be more helpful to identify people.

Karma is like. At least the Up dilly up up and the down dilly down down part.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Many players are sore losers. Kill them and they report you. Last year, I played a match in a Taiho where I killed 7 people and was reported 7 times at the end of the match. Don't even pay attention to karma, it doesnt mean anything.

Thing is, I've stomped hard in games before, and I hadn't lost karma like that before, I've lost karma when im become tilted and been aggressive in chat or made horrible gameplay decisions and been totally useless. Only in Republique have I experience this, which is why I was so weirded out by it.

2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If I see you out there I will give you a point NP, now if only you could read everyone's full screen name it would be more helpful to identify people.

I appreciate it, but its not that big of a deal, its just a hobby of mine to keep my mind off focussing too much on stats, small personal goals ingame seem to eventually contribute to larger more notable achievements which I enjoy.

On the latter note, didn't they introduce a patch awhile ago to make the full names of players visible, which seems to have disappeared.

[CK5]
Members
804 posts
6,555 battles
36 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Because I don't have it yet. Karma working as designed, maybe not as intended.

This is exactly the case.  I lost a Karma point yesterday in a game in which I finished third on the team in a win.  I got one kill and assume the guy I killed reported me.  It happens all the time.  

Beta Testers
1,327 posts
3,591 battles

As I have been saying with most people ignoring the obvious there was a design for a 16 gun french battleship that wargaming could have used as the tier 10. I suspect that the Replique will get some kind of a buff in a patch or two. Alsace follows the line progression and Replique does not. The design for a 16 gun 380mm  or 431mm french bb would have worked well at tier 10. It's gonna be at least 5 years before we see this changed though looking at wot and how long it them to rearrange the tank lines that were out of whack with the tier 10.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
44 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

As I have been saying with most people ignoring the obvious there was a design for a 16 gun french battleship that wargaming could have used as the tier 10. I suspect that the Replique will get some kind of a buff in a patch or two. Alsace follows the line progression and Replique does not. The design for a 16 gun 380mm  or 431mm french bb would have worked well at tier 10. It's gonna be at least 5 years before we see this changed though looking at wot and how long it them to rearrange the tank lines that were out of whack with the tier 10.

That design was a fan made one, and was not a historical design. The "super Alsace" was not a real proposal.

République is doing just fine.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles

I love the Republique as well OP. It is fast becoming one of my favorite ships overall in the game.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

As @Doomlock said, that design never existed paper or otherwise. République is fine.

[SALVO]
Members
17,060 posts
17,716 battles
5 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Thing is, I've stomped hard in games before, and I hadn't lost karma like that before, I've lost karma when im become tilted and been aggressive in chat or made horrible gameplay decisions and been totally useless. Only in Republique have I experience this, which is why I was so weirded out by it.

Akeno, the thing is that it's probably only a small number of people who will give you a report for sinking them or for playing very well. 

Heck, there are people who will report a friendly carrier player for "not doing their job" (by which they really mean, parking their fighters over the complainer's ship to give HIM air cover) when that carrier player had an outstanding game.  There was a fine example of this within the last month or 2 where a unicum CV player in a high tier CV had a 200k damage game with a number of kills, but some whiney BB player reported him for not protecting HIS battleship.  CV players probably get this more than any other type of ship because you have so many people who don't play CVs (even a little) and don't understand that you can't be everywhere and do everything at once, and think that if the CV isn't doing what THEY want, the CV player is playing badly.

Members
453 posts
7,884 battles

It's a a piece of crap. The T9 Alsace is much better. Lets see its got poop survivability. Only 2 turrets so you have to blow your load each time like a teenager on a first date. AA guns made of paper . It catches fire more than any ship ive played in the game. The speed boost is good for getting yourself focused down.  It eats monster citadels on the regular.

Its a T10 Roma with 1 less turret. You know because there is somebody out there who thinks the Roma is something special because its got guns that can pen stuff if they ever hit anything at all.

Edited by EpicFlails
  • Bad 2

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I think a lot of people are just repeating the Flamu video and haven't played it but personally I can't judge it because I have not yet played it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles
6 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Karma. Why bother letting it upset or get too you. People just wanna bring you down :cap_old: The better goal is going for that negative Karma.
OP, get with the program, already. Geez :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Crusin_Custard

Sign in to follow this