You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Well I learned something new about going pink

33 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles

Sorry, but I logged out before I thought about getting a detailed report posted. Plus no calling or shaming.

Twin Brothers map. I was playing a Belfast. I was running away from 3-4 ships that were targeting me when I collided with a Scharnhorst and got T-boned. It took about 10 seconds for both of us  to start disengaging. At that time, I got citadeled. By the Scharnhorst. Went from 100% o 50% health. That's when he went to tm killer status and went pink. He  kept reversing in a straight line. I asked him what's the deal and no answer. Told him to enjoy his new status. and reported him.

So learned something new. You don't have to kill a tm member to go pink. Citadeling them (intentional or otherwise) will do.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,567 posts
8,979 battles

It has been that way for some time.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It has been that way for some time.

Welp, first time I've seen it. Course I don't deliberately aim my guns at a tm mate either.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

Yah.  The game tracks cumulative average done to a friendly.  You don't have to actually kill one.

I've had it happen that I have been rammed and shot by a green.  Not a whole lot of damage and he didn't go pink. 

Edited by iDuckman

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

I thought it had to do with how many hit points and or a kill. Nice that divisions don't get TKs though. Torped my nephew the other day when he didn't heed my torpedo warning and turned right into them. I suppose it was still my fault though, I should know he gets tunnel hearing when in battle.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Yah.  The game tracks cumulative average done to a friendly.  You don't have to actually kill one.

I've had it happen that I have been rammed and shot by a green.  Not a whole lot of damage and he didn't go pink. 

If he was firing at a far target, probably clipped you.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

Nope.  Frontal volley right into me.  Fortunately cruiser guns vs. BB armor.  The guy was a butthole in chat too.  Reported.

I've done the clip thing.  Couldn't even see the adjacent ship in binocs.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,567 posts
8,979 battles
2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Welp, first time I've seen it. Course I don't deliberately aim my guns at a tm mate either.

I don't either but I have made mistakes a few times including unloading a full broadside of UK HE into a Tirpitz who passed between me and the ship I was engaging instead of going on the other side where there was more than enough room. I lit him up like a funeral pyre from stem to stern which I suppose it was because either because his damage control was on cool down or simply out of spite he didn't use it so I quickly started taking reflected damage and blew up and was pink for a few matches. Of course he should have passed me on my un-engaged side but he didn't and it was my fault for firing.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles

I somewhat remember hearing 10000 of your recent 1mill Gun or torp damage pinks you, and 10 of your 100 recent plane shotdowns, with a kill no matter what damage causing it.

I'm 99% sure that info is either outdated or just plain wrong.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,019 posts
3,500 battles

TK status is dependent on amount of damage dealt to allies. Doesn't have to just be a citadel hit. but that does suck. but hey, at least he was punished... kind of... Other than "if you team kill too often you'll get banned," having TK status doesn't really mean much to me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,567 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

I somewhat remember hearing 10000 of your recent 1mill Gun or torp damage pinks you, and 10 of your 100 recent plane shotdowns, with a kill no matter what damage causing it.

I'm 99% sure that info is either outdated or just plain wrong.

There is also a trigger for regular damage but four fires like in my example will bring even the most saintly player to pink status in short order.

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,685 battles

This week I clipped a green BB with one HE shot as he passed too close while I was shooting. Started a fire. Fire took a few ticks to stop (time or he let it go I don't know). It was not more than a few ticks. Every tick after the second one started showing pink damage for me. I did not kill him, far from it, but the system made me pink. Silly.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,567 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, alexf24 said:

This week I clipped a green BB with one HE shot as he passed too close while I was shooting. Started a fire. Fire took a few ticks to stop (time or he let it go I don't know). It was not more than a few ticks. Every tick after the second one started showing pink damage for me. I did not kill him, far from it, but the system made me pink. Silly.

If you started taking reflected damage that quickly from a single fire you must have cause a fair bit of team damage recently. Remember, it isn't just the damage in the match you turned pink that counts against you.

• Cool 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,019 posts
3,500 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Remember, it isn't just the damage in the match you turned pink that counts against you.

That I personally did not know. Thanks for the information.

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,685 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If you started taking reflected damage that quickly from a single fire you must have cause a fair bit of team damage recently. Remember, it isn't just the damage in the match you turned pink that counts against you.

Indeed. A few days earlier in coop a very low HP green Chappy went to ram a full health red Richelieu bot I was shooting at with my Richelieu. Shells in flight when he got to almost ram. Guess who got the shells.

My point earlier was that you do not necessarily have to kill.

Members
599 posts

I had a stopped DD go full and hard left after I launched some 49 knot torpedoes and sent a message. Agony watching him and the torpedoes slowly come together. He hears the warning and   Turns into the torps but takes a hit. He does not die but just barely....I do not turn pink. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
15 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Yup. Can attest to this. Just went pink yesterday based on that scenario. :Smile_facepalm:

Played a game in Neptune and launched torps at an Iowa in the cap behind me who was chasing/targeting me from about 9km out (I was running from it trying not to die). NO Greens around. The Iowa actually got taken out by our Montana so I turned around to go back and cap. As I am turning I see our Roon (bot - I play Co-op) come sailing into the cap on a collision course with the torps! 

All I could do was watch as the [edited] thing sailed straight into one of them. NO attempt to alter course or move. The red bots dodge torps like a ninja but your own team's bots make no effort to dodge them. I couldn't even chat LOOK OUT as it was a bot. :Smile_amazed: I thought for sure I was going pink but someone shot it right off and took it out before the flooding added up. I wasn't pink after the game despite 9k in damage done. PHEW! I mean I launched the torps so I own whatever they hit but dang it doesn't feel like I did wrong in this one. The bot came from nowhere and never tried to dodge.

So in the every next game I was in a BB (didn't want to risk any accidental torp hits for a while) and as I am brawling another BB a teammate (not a bot) sailed right between the 2 of us as I shot (why? was a Cleveland so didn't even have torps to kill steal?) and I clipped the superstructure with 1 shell for like 1400 damage. Didn't think much of it other than to ask the guy in chat why he did that (big surprise no answer). After game was over though I was pink. :Smile_sceptic:

So back to port, grab Black Swan, and do my penance in T1 where the noob players all think the "pink" ship is an enemy "red" ship who snuck in behind the lines and attack you and sink you despite you chatting "I AM ON YOUR TEAM STOP!".  And I am NOT kidding. In 4 of the games I was attacked by my own team because they thought I was an enemy "red" ship and I was sunk 2X's because they wouldn't stop or didn't read the chat. (note these were all noobs as I checked - if any were experienced players taking me out for being pink, as I know some do, I would have reported them to WG with a replay). 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So back to port, grab Black Swan, and do my penance in T1 where the noob players all think the "pink" ship is an enemy "red" ship who snuck in behind the lines and attack you and sink you despite you chatting "I AM ON YOUR TEAM STOP!".  And I am NOT kidding. In 4 of the games I was attacked by my own team because they thought I was an enemy "red" ship and I was sunk 2X's because they wouldn't stop or didn't read the chat. (note these were all noobs as I checked - if any were experienced players taking me out for being pink, as I know some do, I would have reported them to WG with a replay). 

*face palm*

I do my penance in coop. The humans playing on your side know enough and the bots don't care.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
711 posts
28 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

*face palm*

I do my penance in coop. The humans playing on your side know enough and the bots don't care.

Even in co-op you have to watch out, I have had people try to ram me to cause reflective damage. so while in co-op make sure to drive something fast and drive straight towards the bots and away from friendlies that try to ram you.

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
135 posts
22,752 battles

But should a person go pink for killing a bot in Co-op?

In Straight - south spawn, three ships on our side , a dd, a bb and me in a cruiser. The DD is a bot. The DD sails north towards the center and I go south. The BB kinda hangs back. The matching red DD comes between us and we engage him. The green bot dd fires a spread that I will have to turn and dodge. I fire a spread aimed away from the green bot DD. In the meantime we both hit the red dd with gunfire and he blows up. I turn and dodge the "friendly" torps and then watch helplessly as the green bot makes a 180 turn and steams at full speed into my torps.

One hits, he sinks and I'm pink

It's just wrong!

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,555 battles
19 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't either but I have made mistakes a few times including unloading a full broadside of UK HE into a Tirpitz who passed between me and the ship I was engaging instead of going on the other side where there was more than enough room. I lit him up like a funeral pyre from stem to stern which I suppose it was because either because his damage control was on cool down or simply out of spite he didn't use it so I quickly started taking reflected damage and blew up and was pink for a few matches. Of course he should have passed me on my un-engaged side but he didn't and it was my fault for firing.

yes it was your fault check your ammo sick of people like you that shoot at teammates that are oblivious to  dangers WG needs to outright ban players like you

[TBOW]
Members
261 posts
3,845 battles
20 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

yes it was your fault check your ammo sick of people like you that shoot at teammates that are oblivious to  dangers WG needs to outright ban players like you

Ironic that you are complaining about Team killing, you should  practice what you preach.

Edited by mfumukoskoldpadda
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,567 posts
8,979 battles
57 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

I will endeavor to be perfect just like you in the future.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,555 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I will endeavor to be perfect just like you in the future.

I am joking bro that's the line I get whenever I hit people

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,555 battles
48 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

Ironic that you are complaining about Team killing, you should  practice what you preach.

or I could just Ignore you that's easier so