Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

3 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts

This new Dasha contest wants personal information posted on social media. I don't want to put this kind of info about myself out in that kind of open format. There are risks involved: identity theft, doxxing. There are good reasons why I don't connect everything together with my real name. What my friends know, I'm fine with, but this kind of thing can bite you in the [edited]even years later. I've had cards and accounts hacked before, I don't need this! I like Dasha, sure, but I don't need her picture. I'd actually prefer the consolation prize, a supercontainer. But you have to count me out on this kind of personal risk, no matter the reward.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles

I am with you I don't do social media. These forums are the exception. I haven't had a credit card or a bank account for over 30 years now and have never missed either one. I don't give out information on the internet ever since corporations found out about it and ruined it. It used to be just real people and not many thieves and information stealing algorithms and personal information gathering. I really miss the days when I could type into a search engine and get the information I wanted, instead of a thousand sites that want to search for what I was searching for in the first place. The Twitch prime deal is a pay to get a special captain or PTP (very sad I am, about that). Every body and their brother wants me to spend $9.99 a month. I mean really even CBS wants me to spend money to watch the new Star Trek. (funny the philosophy of the Trek series is that in the future we won't need money). Gene would be rolling in his grave, and CBS lost a viewer. The changing social morals have made me look at myself and even though it isn't easy I have decided to stick with the ones I grew up with. For instance I was taught to mind my own business, which social media is quite contrary too. I do understand I am different than most people though.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,396 battles

Same.  I copied the YouTube Share link and pasted.  The software was happy.  No idea if it will filter out.

Sign in to follow this