You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

Honering Our Female Gamers Among us

18 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
1,860 posts
12,904 battles

IF you're a female Captain/Gamer and you love to kick butt just like us boys then let it be known below. For my part I want to give a shout out to these 2 famous female captains that do there part through putting time and effort to enhance the game play knowledge of the community. 

• Little White Mouse
  • Femennenly

I admire their work they've done for the community, Good job girls...

Navalpride33

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3

1,266 posts
13 battles

This was a great idea and I very much agree. Thank you two for all that you do for the community and WoWS.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,465 posts
2,405 battles

@RivertheRoyal is female and will tell you so.  I always enjoy her posts. 

It's hard to know who is and who isn't in this environment, so unless it becomes an actual topic, I just factor out gender.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,292 posts
8,915 battles

Hard to say who anyone really is on the internet unless and until you get to know them well. Generally speaking though I'll treat you like a girl if you have a girl avatar. This sometimes backfires though as shown by this post transcribed from another game.

:fish_aqua:I'm not a girl, I'm a guy!

:Smile_amazed: I always thought you were a girl, that's why I was so nice you!

:fish_aqua:What made you think I was a girl?

:Smile_amazed: Well, you have a girl avatar.

:fish_aqua:Yes, because I like to look at pretty girls.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

1,542 posts
26 battles

I'm a girl gamer and proud to be part of this awesome community! Also, I LOVE SHOOTING THINGS!!:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,571 posts
2 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

Didn't see that coming.

Personally, I'd rather not go around congratulating certain gamers just for having their reproductive organs on the inside rather than the outside, seems kinda sexist in hindsight. Just because @Minah_Bang is a cutie and @derbuckeye is a grumpy old man doesn't mean like either one of them any less. Just means that if I were to have dinner with them, for one I'd have to bring a pack of beer and the other a box of fine chocolates    xD

• Funny 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,075 battles
29 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

I'm a girl gamer and proud to be part of this awesome community! Also, I LOVE SHOOTING THINGS!!:cap_rambo:

good to know.

Spoiler

I have pm'd you to find out if a topic is ok to post.

[SOUP]
7,571 posts
10 hours ago, Minah_Bang said:

Chobittsu, you know I prefer wine...

Oh so I should set us up a romantic dinner then~?   Seoul or Paris~?

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,531 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, Navalpride33 said:

IF you're a female Captain/Gamer and you love to kick butt just like us boys then let it be known below.

While well intentioned, seems a very backhanded compliment. In their eyes, they might well like to congratulate the boys for "kicking butt" was well as the girls.

[SOUP]
7,571 posts
25 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

While well intentioned, seems a very backhanded compliment. In their eyes, they might well like to congratulate the boys for "kicking butt" was well as the girls.

Exactly, Mousey would be a great reviewer regardless of gender. However, there is one way that her biological sex has kneecapped her advancement in some ways; she's a cutie, I've seen photos, and that means that the first thing people would notice about her isn't her charming smile or mind as sharp as a tungsten needle sharpened with a field ion microscope...   It's the same reason that I see effecting Dasha every time she features in an update showcase video, people just want to drool over her. I've seen dozens of threads where some poor kid is like "Omg Dasha is so hot!", yeah well she's also a good actress, has a good make-up and costume staff and probably has a life outside of saying "Greetings Captains", but let's focus on her body.......
This is part of why Mouse hasn't stepped in front of a camera, I'm sure she could make videos to rival The_Chieftain's, maybe even becoming a host of Naval Legends herself, but then people wouldn't be paying attention to the ships or stories, they'd be too busy thinking "I wonder if she lives near me, maybe I could get her phone number..."

Not to say this doesn't also go the other direction, with female gamers lusting over the males, my girlfriend has stated that The_Chieftain is quite the silver fox and has asked where I stashed my foxhunting horn. But it seems to be more prevalent against females due to how loud males tend to be in comparison. There are cultural aspects that affect it, but overall you hear more about it as a result of men trying to make women feel better about something that was gender-neutral to begin with...
If Minah_Bang became the first Korean to land on Luna, despite huge pressure from the government for KARI to put a man rather than a woman on Luna, then I would be congratulating her for overcoming an obstacle. Applauding Minah for choosing to play a military-oriented game seems pretty low and sarcastic...   what next?   "Congratulations, Fem~! You're 50% water!"

• Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 4:20 PM, iDuckman said:

@RivertheRoyal is female and will tell you so.  I always enjoy her posts. 

It's hard to know who is and who isn't in this environment, so unless it becomes an actual topic, I just factor out gender.

I have been summoned, fear me. 

Obligatory comment aside, good stance to take. Online, it doesn't matter quite as much which set of reproductive organs one has, so just ignoring the issue is a good way to go about things. Treat people like people. and you'll be fine. 

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,016 battles

On the Internet, I usually assume everyone is a Springer Spaniel. ("On the Internet, no one can tell you are a dog.")

Here, I assume everyone is a Corgi.

I've always been interested in the ideas presented.  Background can sometimes inform the discussion, but well articulated contributions to said discussion are the things I enjoy them most.  (I wish they were more common, but that is horse of an entirely different colour.)

[SOUP]
7,571 posts
44 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

****! HE'S ONTO ME!!!
*runs away on stubby legs*

• Cool 1