You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Hartz

Republique is BAD!

84 comments in this topic

[AOW]
Beta Testers
3 posts
1,897 battles

The French battleship Republique is not good. I have played way to many matches in this ship to try and make it work. Her guns are not accurate enough to matter in a long or short term game. If you manage to hit something you will most likely bounce or PEN and do 0 damage. the 431mm gun on are very over rated because they lack in performance. Also my win rate is dunking because of this ship it is [edited]! Weakest tier X battleship its barely faster by 2-3 knots. it has the least amount of firepower that is useless at any target...

Please buff the stigma or something on this ship to give it a cutting edge in battle, because this ship has anything but it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 13
  • Angry 1

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,590 battles

The Republique currently has the second highest damage, and the highest win rate among T10 BBs.  I don't think the ship needs much in the way of buffs or nerfs.  

Hate to say it, but I think the problem is you, not the ship.

• Cool 6

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

+1 op.  the guns are troll as hell.  the speed boost is weak.  she lights up like a candle.  she handles like a pig.  ship needs hella buffs.  

Edited by OstwindFlakpanzer
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
1,857 posts
8,754 battles
Just now, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

The Republique currently has the second highest damage, and the highest win rate among T10 BBs.  I don't think the ship needs much in the way of buffs or nerfs.  

Given that it is still at the mostly Unicum stage the win rate and damage are actually somewhat low. Too soon to say of course but I do expect that when the dust settles the Republique will be a little on the low side.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,306 posts
9,373 battles

Considering I have all tier 10 bbs and she has my highest average damage  (can't buy a win though) tells me this ship is in need of no buffs. If anything needs a buff on it it should be the base speed from 30 raised to 32 knots. Sorry I'm gonna have to say this is user error on your part.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,533 posts

You seem to be having problems, perhaps I could give you some advice?

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,590 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Given that it is still at the mostly Unicum stage the win rate and damage are actually somewhat low. Too soon to say of course but I do expect that when the dust settles the Republique will be a little on the low side.

It is trending towards the same stats that the Conqueror was on release, with slightly lower damage.  People cried for the Conqueror to be nerfed, which was probably deserved at the time.  I don't see any issues with the Republique, nor do I think it should be buffed or nerfed.  

• Cool 1

Members
1,857 posts
8,754 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

It is trending towards the same stats that the Conqueror was on release, with slightly lower damage.  People cried for the Conqueror to be nerfed, which was probably deserved at the time.  I don't see any issues with the Republique, nor do I think it should be buffed or nerfed.  

I have no opinion until the CitadelPalooza bug gets sorted out.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

all the purples are artificially inflating it's stats due to its newness while the rest of us struggle.  soon enough this thing is gonna plunge to the bottom.  need major buffs 

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
709 posts
704 battles
10 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You seem to be having problems, perhaps I could give you some advice?

Since I'm working up this line, I'll take the advice, even if the OP doesn't care to hear it.

[AOW]
Beta Testers
3 posts
1,897 battles

The ship handles like a [edited]pig. Her armor doesnt exist. Her guns bounce more than my Cruisers shooting at a Kurfurst bow on at 5km... She is slow for being hyped about being fast. Speed boost is a joke for her. Her acceleration is decent, but deceleration with speed boost going is trash. Secondarys are nice, but dont like to hit anything. AA is also good, HOWEVER if you get HE spammed you lost AA guns faster than anything. The French Battleships need a fire reduction because you burn to death so easy even with a fire prevention build. Her guns (yes again) only have 8 of them so make them the best in the game ffs. 4 on the back and front. If you want to get full firepower on target GET ready to get murdered and citadeled. ALSO her stats for everyone that is playing her, yeah all the 'Top" players in the game have it because it is new and they are blowing the stats our of proportion for what she really is. 

• Bad 1

Members
100 posts
348 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Hartz said:

Fix the god damn armor on this please!

ALL BB armor is screwed atm, its not just the Republique. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,021 posts
17,629 battles
29 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

X.P., I don't think that its stats mean squat right now.  I strongly suspect that the great majority of players who have the Republic are very good players (who had the FXP to spend to jump to T10, either fully or partially), and one would expect pretty much any ship to perform very well in the hands of very good players.  I think that it's going to be a while before the sample size becomes large enough and the base of players owning the Republic is large enough for anyone to make any good judgments on this ship, though if the OP truly has only 1800 battles or so, you're probably right that his inability to perform in it is probably due to his lack of ability more than anything to do with the ship.

[HRDP]
Members
2,716 posts
8,271 battles
Just now, Verios44 said:

ALL BB armor is screwed atm, its not just the Republique. 

No, Armor on USN and IJN BB's is largely fine, its ships that rely heavily on internal armor such as turtlebacks, like the German BB's where something has gone wrong with their armor model.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
711 posts
1,770 battles

Outside of the possible bug in the armor (which Im not convinced is a bug), Republique is fine. It doesnt need buffs.

• Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,485 posts
3,435 battles
36 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

The stats are only that way currently due to FXP'ers and those with a headstart from any one of the French BB quests having already gotten there. WG themselves have gone on record stating that they give a minimum of 3 months before reviewing the stats and making adjustments as-needed, having stated that those who have reached the upper/top tiers early are mainly those with the FXP to do so (either by conversion or by heavy regular play).

It's also been this way for the previous new lines, where various new ships exceeded the rest of their tiermates due to the relative unfamiliarity with dealing with those ships, before normalizing downwards into the average.

That said, Republique is more of a battlecruiser than a proper BB. The uniform 32mm armoring makes her too vulnerable to really tank properly like a fast BB such as Iowa or Montana, and her armor scheme isn't durable enough to shrug off some smaller caliber AP damage unlike German armor schemes do (or did until the recent "bug").

She's best played in a support role, adding her punches to others rather than trying to solo an enemy ship. Her dispersion and lack of guns make solo'ing enemy ships difficult, as even with the Aim Module, she can often overshoot/undershoot a target, and just end up with a miss or an overpen.

Edited by YamatoA150

[SALVO]
Members
17,021 posts
17,629 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord_Hartz said:

The ship handles like a [edited]pig. Her armor doesn't exist. Her guns bounce more than my Cruisers shooting at a Kurfurst bow on at 5km... She is slow for being hyped about being fast. Speed boost is a joke for her. Her acceleration is decent, but deceleration with speed boost going is trash. Secondarys are nice, but don't like to hit anything. AA is also good, HOWEVER if you get HE spammed you lost AA guns faster than anything. The French Battleships need a fire reduction because you burn to death so easy even with a fire prevention build. Her guns (yes again) only have 8 of them so make them the best in the game ffs. 4 on the back and front. If you want to get full firepower on target GET ready to get murdered and citadeled. ALSO her stats for everyone that is playing her, yeah all the 'Top" players in the game have it because it is new and they are blowing the stats our of proportion for what she really is. 

All tier 10 BBs handle like pigs, from my experience.

Armor?  There's some sort of  armor bug on the Republic apparently.

Guns bounding?  Don't know about that one.

Slow?  Speed is relative.  Like all tier 10  BBs, it's a massive ship and will be slow to accelerate and decelerate. 

Secondaries?  Frankly, unless one uses ManSecs, secondaries don't have a particularly good hit rate on any ship.

AA? Well, DUH!!!!!   Everybody loses AA guns in a real hurry when you're getting HE spammed!!!  But there are ways (an upgrade module and a skill) to lessen this.

ALL Battleships will burn to death if someone decides to HE spam you with a good fire starting ship.  Nothing new here.

Got any other complaints?  :cap_old:

• Bad 1

Members
1,857 posts
8,754 battles
23 minutes ago, ryuukei8569 said:

No, Armor on USN and IJN BB's is largely fine, its ships that rely heavily on internal armor such as turtlebacks, like the German BB's where something has gone wrong with their armor model.

I got a triple Citadel vs an Amagi with an Alsace. First triple citadel against a BB ever.  I got a citadel vs a heavily angled Yamato with the same ship. IJN is not immune to this bug.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,864 battles
19 minutes ago, Lord_Hartz said:

deceleration with speed boost going is trash

Wait what? I thought using speed boost made ships decelerate faster?

[YOHB]
Members
250 posts
10,217 battles

I'm spotty at best in BB's. And think it's a decent ship as it is, the "speed" boost is pretty poor though, it's not much of a boost at all so could use a buff there.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
21 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

That said, Republique is more of a battlecruiser than a proper BB. The uniform 32mm armoring makes her too vulnerable to really tank properly like a fast BB such as Iowa or Montana, and her armor scheme isn't durable enough to shrug off some smaller caliber AP damage unlike German armor schemes do (or did until the recent "bug").

She's best played in a support role, adding her punches to others rather than trying to solo an enemy ship. Her dispersion and lack of guns make solo'ing enemy ships difficult, as even with the Aim Module, she can often overshoot/undershoot a target, and just end up with a miss or an overpen.

This; and it sucks.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HRDP]
Members
2,716 posts
8,271 battles
20 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I got a triple Citadel vs an Amagi with an Alsace. First triple citadel against a BB ever.  I got a citadel vs a heavily angled Yamato with the same ship. IJN is not immune to this bug.

Yamato has always been uniquely vulnerable to angled citadels because of her hexagonal citadel. That's been a known weakness since Yammy was introduced to the game. Amagi is a battlecruiser with a 250 mm belt, they aren't that hard to citadel. I've landed triple cits on them before, but it usually has to be done from a distance. So no, nothing new there. Your anecdotal evidence is weak as hell and way to circumstantial.

Members
540 posts
2,935 battles
1 hour ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Way too early to use stats, its pretty much only in the hands of the super dedicated that have the time or money to buy their way to it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Hartz said:

Please buff the stigma or something on this ship to give it a cutting edge in battle, because this ship has anything but it.

I think you mean the sigma. Your entire post is buffing its stigma quite enough already! :Smile_teethhappy: 

Winner for funniest and most appropriate typo of the day.

• Funny 3