Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megadeux

Curious about CV on dolphin balance.

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

So I’m curious how this will work out, in the April fools event WG has laid out for us, we have two “remote torpedo launch platforms” as I like to call them. But it seems the only way they could interact is to kill each other, so how will this work? The dolphins move too slowly to kill the CVs, and unless the dolphin ships have DFAA they are a sitting duck for TBs. I’m curious to hear how all of you think WG will balance these two classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

They get a secret weapon called a Dolphinado. +75% AA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

They get a secret weapon called a Dolphinado. +75% AA 

Don’t the dolphins have a 0 in AA rating? Plus 75% to zero is still zero, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,617 battles

Its an April Fools event.  You're overthinking it way too much.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,605
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

Im just going to guess that they will be controlled by a radar ship according to leaks.  Sink the ship,  you no longer have control over the dolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I envision this is similar to what planes do now.

Maybe radar can only see them.

Maybe it'll work off of the same det ranges as torps.

Maybe AA can hit him.

Maybe secondaries can hit them.

Maybe main gun shells can hit them in the form of radius.

Overall, I don't see WG sinking too much time into them other than graphics wise. They'll prolly try to run off of what they already have in the game now. 

Take for instance the bathtub event. That was more graphics changes than anything else.

If something new is coming out, this will prolly be a test for something upcoming and is already in the works.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

April Fools events are one of the best things this game offers, you'll just have to wait and see (and if I were you, I wouldn't believe anything you see or hear until it releases, it could all be a joke).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
5 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

April Fools events are one of the best things this game offers, you'll just have to wait and see (and if I were you, I wouldn't believe anything you see or hear until it releases, it could all be a joke).

That’s what I thought at first, but some of the CCs have released images of the models for the ships, and they have the dolphins rendered as well. It seems a bit elaborate for a “JK no dolphin Carriers for u” type of thing. I really enjoy this games events as well, even last year’s one (having russianbias as a commanders name nearly killed me) I’m just curious because Taiho is my go to for dealing with stress and I’m curious how it’ll go. Besides I wanted to hear people’s ideas on how WG will balance this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

It's likely the Dolphin Carriers will just sit in port like the Russian Submarine we got last year, or only be usable in a special fun Operation.

On the other side of April Fools, there's also the sci-fi "space navy" camouflage and "spaceport" too that were teased, which could be part of a special PvP "space battle" mode.

https://imgur.com/a/zLkuh

Both can exist; one for PvE and one for PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,537 battles
4 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

It's likely the Dolphin Carriers will just sit in port like the Russian Submarine we got last year, or only be usable in a special fun Operation.

On the other side of April Fools, there's also the sci-fi "space navy" camouflage and "spaceport" too that were teased, which could be part of a special PvP "space battle" mode.

https://imgur.com/a/zLkuh

Both can exist; one for PvE and one for PvP.

That would be an awesome map to play on, if nothing else but "My ship is some how in space..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
15 minutes ago, megadeux said:

That’s what I thought at first, but some of the CCs have released images of the models for the ships, and they have the dolphins rendered as well. It seems a bit elaborate for a “JK no dolphin Carriers for u” type of thing. I really enjoy this games events as well, even last year’s one (having russianbias as a commanders name nearly killed me) I’m just curious because Taiho is my go to for dealing with stress and I’m curious how it’ll go. Besides I wanted to hear people’s ideas on how WG will balance this.

I take it you don't remember when they did the same thing with a submarine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
1 minute ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

I take it you don't remember when they did the same thing with a submarine?

Yes I do, I found it hilarious. But I’d be surprised if this was the same sort of thing. In any case, this April fools event looks like it will be massive and hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
9 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

why over think an April Fools gag?

Because I enjoy mental gymnastics, why else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,026 posts
3,537 battles
1 minute ago, megadeux said:

Because I enjoy mental gymnastics, why else?

well so long as you have a reason. I was just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,212
[WOLF3]
Members
6,423 posts
2,396 battles

AFAIK, we don't know the dolphins' stats.  I think they will form pods, be pretty fast, and launch torps just as squadron of TBs would (probably with selectable quantity or a set number of salvos).  Then return to ship to re-arm.  Good sensory range and very low detectability.

I'm more interested in how they will implement the anti-torpedo function.  Might also double as an anti-dolphin function.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
620
[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

Now I know what the guys responsible for the "CV rework" and "Year of the Carrier" have been busy with this last year.

Dolphin carriers! 

I hear they will be balanced by the team who did the Graf Zepplin, so expected a very fun, polished product.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[CASUL]
Members
255 posts
3,572 battles

As long as I get to fire tuna nets at them, I'm good.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×