You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Two of my Most Annoying Are the Anti Collision Alarm and Trying to get the Right Angle to Launch Torpedos

12 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts

The Anti Collision  alarm 'Most' of the time keeps going off even when not moving is there any way to make it sound then stop?   And as for launching the Torpedo's you go back and forth trying to get it to green so you can launch and even tho you've gone back and forth repeatedly it never does allow a launch 40-50%  of the time no matter what angle,   Wouldn't be such an  issue if it weren't for the Torp  missions:Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad::Smile-angry::etc_red_button:

[WPP]
Members
517 posts
5,471 battles

I’m curious about the torpedo issue because it sounds like it’s a better of user error. What ship?  And what direction are you trying to shoot?

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

For me the most annoying is when you turn sideways to fire torpedoes launcher, only to get destroyed launcher. *flip table*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
19 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I’m curious about the torpedo issue because it sounds like it’s a better of user error. What ship?  And what direction are you trying to shoot?

Side and Forwards the  Only  WAY you can of course.........................................

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
33 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

The Anti Collision  alarm 'Most' of the time keeps going off even when not moving is there any way to make it sound off then stop?   Or even turn it off completely?   

2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Side and Forwards the  Only  WAY you can of course.........................................

And as for launching the Torpedo's you go back and forth trying to get it to green so you can launch and even tho you've gone back and forth repeatedly it never does allow a launch 40-50%  of the time no matter what angle,   Wouldn't be such an  issue if it weren't for the Torp  missions:Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad::Smile-angry::etc_red_button:

[WPP]
Members
517 posts
5,471 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

I don’t know anything past the tier 4 German DDs that shoot forward, so....(shrug)

What ships are you using because because a ton of ships only fire 50% of the time due to the fact that they have torpedos on each side but torpedoes that only shoot on each side.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
14 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I don’t know anything past the tier 4 German DDs that shoot forward, so....(shrug)

What ships are you using because because a ton of ships only fire 50% of the time due to the fact that they have torpedos on each side but torpedoes that only shoot on each side.

Look  it's  always  slightly  ANGLED  Forwards never directly to the side  and according to a friend even the higher German line  doesn't get the forward shot any longer  that stops early on..   As far as that  50%  of the time  in some of the cases  they never did launch a shot even once,    One reason  I like the Vampire and Aigle it really isn't a question of using  torps  they as @LittleWhiteMouse  said in her reviews are best used as GunBoats

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
19 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Look  it's  always  slightly  ANGLED  Forwards never directly to the side  and according to a friend even the higher German line  doesn't get the forward shot any longer  that stops early on..   As far as that  50%  of the time  in some of the cases  they never did launch a shot even once,    One reason  I like the Vampire and Aigle it really isn't a question of using  torps  they as @LittleWhiteMouse  said in her reviews are best used as GunBoats

Vampire especially, given her few torps, their slow speed and their glacial reload time. They are AFK finishers, point-blank PA-DD killers, or for use at very short range against battleships that are VERY distracted and have a particularly weak secondary suite. Anything else will land you in serious trouble and leave you either dead or a significantly less healthy bloodsucker than you started out as. The arrival of the British DD line should bring the regular V/W class with two such launchers, which will at least mitigate the problem through giving you more torpedoes, and WG may opt to give us ripple-fire vs. narrow spread as opposed to the ripple/wide we get with the Vamp.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Vampire especially, given her few torps, their slow speed and their glacial reload time. They are AFK finishers, point-blank PA-DD killers, or for use at very short range against battleships that are VERY distracted and have a particularly weak secondary suite. Anything else will land you in serious trouble and leave you either dead or a significantly less healthy bloodsucker than you started out as. The arrival of the British DD line should bring the regular V/W class with two such launchers, which will at least mitigate the problem through giving you more torpedoes, and WG may opt to give us ripple-fire vs. narrow spread as opposed to the ripple/wide we get with the Vamp.

Exactly 

Members
242 posts
655 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

The Anti Collision  alarm 'Most' of the time keeps going off even when not moving is there any way to make it sound then stop?   And as for launching the Torpedo's you go back and forth trying to get it to green so you can launch and even tho you've gone back and forth repeatedly it never does allow a launch 40-50%  of the time no matter what angle,   Wouldn't be such an  issue if it weren't for the Torp  missions:Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad::Smile-angry::etc_red_button:

The alarm eventually does stop, but it takes a bit. But I think if you move again it will start the alarm again. If it is too annoying I'd just shut it off and watch where you sail, personally. 

With your angle problem here it sounds to me like one of two things: Either your torpedoes are still reloading when you are trying to launch them or your torpedo launchers aren't aimed where you need them yet. Some torp launchers have very slow traverse speed and might take a bit to aim where you are pointed.

If neither of these help you, then you might have to post a replay so people can actually visualize the problem you are having with your torpedoes not launching.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
2 hours ago, ArgosRising said:

The alarm eventually does stop, but it takes a bit. But I think if you move again it will start the alarm again. If it is too annoying I'd just shut it off and watch where you sail, personally. 

With your angle problem here it sounds to me like one of two things: Either your torpedoes are still reloading when you are trying to launch them or your torpedo launchers aren't aimed where you need them yet. Some torp launchers have very slow traverse speed and might take a bit to aim where you are pointed.

If neither of these help you, then you might have to post a replay so people can actually visualize the problem you are having with your torpedoes not launching.

Shut it off how went into settings and didn't see anything about enabling/disabling the alarm

[O_S_D]
Members
119 posts
4,198 battles
15 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Shut it off how went into settings and didn't see anything about enabling/disabling the alarm

Settings -> Controls -> Collision Avoidance System