Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Help Lert pick a sound set for his R/C tanks

Which should I get / do you think sounds better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get / do you think sounds better?

• The HL set
    • The Taigen set
    • Neutral option, because every poll needs one

11 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles

So I have a collection of 1/16 R/C tanks, and I'm looking to get a new electronics suite for use in them. Which one I put it in depends on which electronics suite I get. The two options are:

The HL set:

Pros: Two sound sets to choose from (one diesel and one gasoline), deep throaty main gun firing sound in the diesel set

Cons: The idle loop on the diesel set (the first set in the video) is kinda bad and there's an annoying momentary delay in sound when going from turret traverse / gun elevation back to the idle sound

And a Taigen set:

Pros: Much better idle loop, powerful sounding main gun sound

Cons: Only one (gasoline) sound set, the traverse and elevation sounds are annoying

The cost between these is the same, as is the functionality, so it's purely the sound that dictates the choice.

If I got the HL set, I could put it in my KV-2 and have it set to the diesel set, or in my JagdPanther or Leopard 2A6 and keep it on the gasoline set.

If I got the Taigen set, it would realistically not work for the KV-2 since it's a gasoline sound set, and the KV-2 was a diesel tank.

So, opinions? Which one sounds better?

"But you could get <X> instead!"

I'm not going to get <X>. I'm going to get either the HL or the Taigen set. The choice is between those two.

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles

It sounds like you would get more use out of the HL set compared to the Taigen. However you mentioned disliking the audio of it, so imo its a choice between whether you dislike the audio enough to choose the other choice, or want to get the most bang for your buck?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

However you mentioned disliking the audio of it,

Both sets have things that annoy me in the audio and things I really like. I'm actually leaning towards getting the HL set though.

Members
1,640 posts
7,474 battles
33 minutes ago, Lert said:

Both sets have things that annoy me in the audio and things I really like. I'm actually leaning towards getting the HL set though.

Then its down to the pro and cons, I would say follow your feelings, when its down to the wire, you can always rely on that.

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,726 battles

HL would be my vote.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,439 posts
2,396 battles

The Taigen set just sounds better to me.  It may be that the guy having the speaker outside the tank is avoiding resonances with the plastic body.  The HL sound just screams "bad speakers" at me. 

Also, BACON.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles

Looks like the HL set has the vote.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Yeb, HL set I could deal with a lot longer than the Taigen set, but i'll also want to see it outdoors too. Maybe the elevation, turret rotation and weak throttle sounds won't be so bad. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles

HL set ordered and expected to arrive next week.

Sign in to follow this