Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Atanix

USS Alaska

7 comments in this topic

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, Atanix said:

no problem making this into a premium ship.

Actually, the discussion about how to put it into this game is one of the prime reasons it hasn't been introduced no doubt.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,210 battles
54 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Actually, the discussion about how to put it into this game is one of the prime reasons it hasn't been introduced no doubt.

I think it's more where than how; half the Forum wants it at tier 7 as a BB and the other half want it at tier 10 as a cruiser. I'm a cruiser/tier 10 guy.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,142 posts
6,015 battles

There's like a supertanker-ton of topics related to the Alaska class in the forum.

I want it too, but for now I leave it in the hands of WG developers.

[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I think it's more where than how; half the Forum wants it at tier 7 as a BB and the other half want it at tier 10 as a cruiser. I'm a cruiser/tier 10 guy.

Umi, I think that's what Akeno meant.  "How", "where", whatever.  I would only add that there's a newer third option.  A tier 9 FXP premium ship.

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

that is, as @Crucis what I meant. Im strongly of opinion that she fits best at T9/10 as a fxp cruiser. However I also think theres room for her to be placed at both, a quick Wikipedia search brings up 5 other potential candidates to put Alaska at T7, this could satisfy both sides of the argument with ease, although it would mean production of 2 separate ships instead of one.

[SALVO]
Members
17,050 posts
17,674 battles
6 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

that is, as @Crucis what I meant. Im strongly of opinion that she fits best at T9/10 as a fxp cruiser. However I also think theres room for her to be placed at both, a quick Wikipedia search brings up 5 other potential candidates to put Alaska at T7, this could satisfy both sides of the argument with ease, although it would mean production of 2 separate ships instead of one.

I don't think that putting the Alaska at T7 settles a damned thing.  It'd be the wrong decision, IMO.  Putting her at tier 7 means that she'd be classified as a BB, which the Alaska absolutely is not.  It's not even a battlecruiser, though if WG added a BC "ship type" for MM, it'd be a lot closer to a BC than a BB, that's for sure.

Sign in to follow this