Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

*THIS* is how you implement subs in WoWs

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,584
[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Yes, I get that this is a joke, but in all seriousness, this is exactly how I proposed they implement subs and/or PT boats:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dolphin-class/

Basically a Carrier for sea-borne forces, that launches a 'wolf pack' of PT boats or Subs to a target. It means you dont play as the sub, just the Sub Tender/PT boat tender, and thus can evade the issues of sub speed/PT boat range. The subs go under water and 'appear' after a pre-set amount of time within range of your target, or targeted location, and have a limited time to launch an attack, or forced to surface and return to the tender (and thus be susceptible to surface fire). For balancing, give secondary guns a huge boost in accuracy only when firing at subs, and add a new secondary type, depth charges, that fire automatically from a DD that is spotted. There's a way to make this work to add some dynamics to this game AND give DD's something other to do than just spamming torps.

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[LEGIT]
Members
452 posts
6,461 battles

We still got weeks until April Fools. BUT we don't Subs in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,496
[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,497 posts
11,750 battles

.............

Amblin Entertainment coined this years ago lol.. I give Ya'll the seaQuest DSV 4600, crew compliment 2000 sailors + 1 combat dolphin named Darwin

(besides if this wasnt april fools id enjoy having darwin play tag the boat)

310361_10150571152794848_733476456_n.jpg.9edff6948c78e1f5ac59c0c1b0850625.jpg26992689_956420217838808_936094098252673886_n.thumb.jpg.f17e754e883f70bb52f12cb3179a05b1.jpg377030_10150571150829848_1858050491_n.jpg.536d6dbdff8d84c87d6241ad68bd8cd5.jpg28166630_1869146053157375_1774615474381157065_n.thumb.jpg.854c7fdfe52f94da3cef071df03857f6.jpg9b2286e900e94d8464ab8355105ec686.jpg.7ed8b78f765a7163214727b7f64d622b.jpg28056713_1875078055897508_6023660732567507398_n.thumb.jpg.8b3c29baf15db77e0cccf68413bb8fb1.jpg

Edited by xThecanadianx
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,084 battles
11 minutes ago, SchwartzDrachenVI said:

We still got weeks until April Fools. BUT we don't Subs in this game. 

One day you will see subs placed into this game and not being an April fools joke either ...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles

Submarine_and_periscope.gif.2d5073cfff835150d0d93584762da215.gif

I've posted my "solution" many times, here we go again:

Escort the cargo/target ship from zone A to B knowing bot subs lurk to deny you safe passage. DD-heavy battle, DDs with sonar and depth charges.

Really my interest is not to have subs in the game per se, but to let DDs be full destroyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,496
[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,497 posts
11,750 battles
2 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

SeaPEST DDT! 

 

Darwin 3:16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,424
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,266 posts
2,029 battles

A disinformation campaign... clever...:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,737
[TBW]
Members
6,418 posts
12,065 battles

I guess it's time to flog the dead horse again. Some people never give up even when logic dictates it's the only solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
242 posts
655 battles
1 hour ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

One day you will see subs placed into this game and not being an April fools joke either ...

I think maybe it'd be cool if they designed subs and just had like once a month sub events where you have to queue for it separately. That way they can do subs and make people happy that way, but not disrupt the rest of the player base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,623 battles

Someone say subs?

teaserbox_16438947.jpg

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,450 battles
4 hours ago, xThecanadianx said:

.............

Amblin Entertainment coined this years ago lol.. I give Ya'll the seaQuest DSV 4600, crew compliment 2000 sailors + 1 combat dolphin named Darwin

(besides if this wasnt april fools id enjoy having darwin play tag the boat)

310361_10150571152794848_733476456_n.jpg.9edff6948c78e1f5ac59c0c1b0850625.jpg26992689_956420217838808_936094098252673886_n.thumb.jpg.f17e754e883f70bb52f12cb3179a05b1.jpg377030_10150571150829848_1858050491_n.jpg.536d6dbdff8d84c87d6241ad68bd8cd5.jpg28166630_1869146053157375_1774615474381157065_n.thumb.jpg.854c7fdfe52f94da3cef071df03857f6.jpg9b2286e900e94d8464ab8355105ec686.jpg.7ed8b78f765a7163214727b7f64d622b.jpg28056713_1875078055897508_6023660732567507398_n.thumb.jpg.8b3c29baf15db77e0cccf68413bb8fb1.jpg

MY GOD I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,481
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,864 posts
7,177 battles
4 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Yes, I get that this is a joke, but in all seriousness, this is exactly how I proposed they implement subs and/or PT boats:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dolphin-class/

Basically a Carrier for sea-borne forces, that launches a 'wolf pack' of PT boats or Subs to a target. It means you dont play as the sub, just the Sub Tender/PT boat tender, and thus can evade the issues of sub speed/PT boat range. The subs go under water and 'appear' after a pre-set amount of time within range of your target, or targeted location, and have a limited time to launch an attack, or forced to surface and return to the tender (and thus be susceptible to surface fire). For balancing, give secondary guns a huge boost in accuracy only when firing at subs, and add a new secondary type, depth charges, that fire automatically from a DD that is spotted. There's a way to make this work to add some dynamics to this game AND give DD's something other to do than just spamming torps.

 

I like the idea, but not for this game. When you consider that a US Gato class sub had the same displacement as a Fletcher class destroyer, that is what your proposal involves, delegating 3 to 5 destroyer sized vessels to a single player. And while the game does need to make room for fantasy, allowing subs to spend the majority of their transit time to target submerged, is the very opposite of what ww1 to ww2  era subs were capable of doing. They would travel to their targets on the surface, then often (but not always) partially/completely submerge for their attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×