You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

April Fools: Dolphins coming to WOWS

44 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

What, the Miami Dolphins? :Smile_teethhappy:

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,585 battles

I knew as soon as I saw it myself lmbo! Can't wait to go look in general chat window in-game and watch some salty people vent their anger...

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

Seems those dolphins are Peta approved. Looks like a fun April event.

[IHW]
185 posts

yep this is going to be a nice april fools event.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,570 posts
3,751 battles

See, 2018 is already the year of the carrier, we even got a dolphin one!!!11!1

:Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

No submarines ever. We dinna say nuthin' about no dolphins... 

• Funny 1

[GRRR]
Members
63 posts
13,852 battles

WG will need to also employ counter-measures for this new dolphin class.

Dolphin hunter ships - manned with harpoon-chucking fishermen to hunt down and impale the dolphins until they are dead. Any wounded dolphins should let out a blood trail that will permanently attract sharks that may eventually kill the dolphins, much like how detonations take out DDs.

Poisoned Chum - The dolphin hunter ships could also have poisonous chum they throw overboard to attract the dolphins away from their primary task. They would eat the poisonous chum, take damage over time - like a fire on a ship - and possibly choke to death becoming food for the sharks that would then give the sharks greater resolve in hunting down the remaining dolphins left in the match. 

Dolphin Nets - the dolphin hunter ships should have nets for catching and slaughtering the dolphins for an additional income gained when the match is over.

Damage from Propellers - What if the dolphins come to close to a ship's propeller? The dolphin should take lethal damage animated by dolphin chunks flying into the air, a bloody trail behind the ship, and a dull sound heard when the dolphin is bludgeoned to death. This would have a chance to knock out the ship's propulsion system if any of the dolphin's weapons were incidentally detonated. 

Inspection Ships - At some point during the match, one team can send in inspection ships to come along side enemy ships that brings them to a halt while a team boards the ship while inspections take place. This makes the ship a sitting target until the inspections are complete. There is a chance the inspections will find evidence that dolphins were used and therefore impound the ship causing the ship to immediately follow the inspection ship off the map and out of play for the rest of the game.

International Sanctions - Eventually after so many games played with dolphin class ships, a cruelty bar fills up causing the pressure from outside animal cruelty organisations such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, World Animal Protection, Animal Rights Movement, Cruelty Free International, and Animal Cruelty International to impose a nations-based cooldown period on the use of the dolphin class altogether. This would be similar to the cooldown on ships used in Operations of the Week except longer and, eventually, shut down the use of the dolphin class forever. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,724 battles

This is a bit of a surprise - due to some earlier hints, I had thought the April Fools event was going to be a space battle type event similar to a few years ago w/ special space themed cammos/skins (the scene at the end of the Dasha video w/ the last release - i.e. the light beam from above - also seemed to suggest something of this nature).

Kinda wonder if they're doing both w/ the "Dolphin" being a port model like the submarine was last year.

Edited by hangglide42

[USCC2]
Members
3,569 posts

Now I get it! Dolphins are an early April Fools joke. So that could mean so was the new Div window?.....please! :Smile_teethhappy:

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

Ha i knew it!! I was right! I guessed those were dolphins had torpedo launcher on their back  about over a week ago

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/152299-st-experimental-development-new-ship-line

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
10 minutes ago, StormSurgeAlpha said:

the pressure from outside animal cruelty organisations such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, World Animal Protection, Animal Rights Movement, Cruelty Free International, and Animal Cruelty International to impose a nations-based cooldown period on the use of the dolphin class altogether. 

The opportunity to sink Sea Shepherd-flagged ships should bring Japanese players flocking to the game. :Smile_teethhappy: Be careful, though; ramming is a well-known tactic with them.

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
179 posts
7,551 battles

And the next Special Weapon could be Incendiary Seagulls or Pigeons (ISPs) dropped from CV aircraft by CV Captains too afraid to get too close to enemy ships. The 1st plane could spray "Eau De Fish" over a ship or even an entire fleet that the seagulls would instinctively be drawn to but the pigeons would have to be talked into believing the enemy ships are their new homes...maybe a Pigeon Whisperer Captain Skill can be added to accomplish that end. I would say use Bats but that would be ridiculous. Everyone knows bats get seasick.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,619 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Dolphin class sub dolphin confirmed. 

FTFY

[YORHA]
Members
3,325 posts
5,912 battles

I don't want to beluga the point, by they are going to cachalot of people with that bait, and not just grampus like me.

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

With this change the whales will just camp more in the back.

Beta Testers
10 posts
3,719 battles

I really think the only counter-measures that can be implored would be fishing trollers , that can spread nets or bait to catch the dolphins..