You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aiser50

One thing that is never discussed about CV's.

21 comments in this topic

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,844 battles

WG, we CV captains desperately NEED a buff to the maximum additional signals that can be mounted. Presently, 4 signals is the most we can have. Aside from Juliet Whiskey Unaone, which is the CV's most important and MUST have signal, we are left with 3 open slots. I cannot equip all the cmdr xp + ship XP boosters that I want all at once. We really should have the maximum of 8 optional signals like all the other ship classes can.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 4

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
13 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

WG, we CV captains desperately NEED a buff to the maximum additional signals that can be mounted. Presently, 4 signals is the most we can have. Aside from Juliet Whiskey Unaone, which is the CV's most important and MUST have signal, we are left with 3 open slots. I cannot equip all the cmdr xp + ship XP boosters that I want all at once. We really should have the maximum of 8 optional signals like all the other ship classes can.

The flag restrictions are by design dude, WG doesnt want every CV (which is the most difficult ship class to play properly) to rock every kind of experience flag AND every kind of damage flag. They want you to play for a longer period of time when it comes to CVs. A bad/unexperienced CV player at high tiers will throw the game for his team, something WG wants to avoid.

They also want to avoid people stacking flooding + fire flags, because together they add +19% flood chance per torp and +2% fire chance per bomb, which is a very big bonus if you know how to manual drop properly. With these 3 signals, good CV players can one-shot BB at their tier.

.... Whether their attempts at this are successful or not are another topic altogether.

Edited by Ulthwey

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,844 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

The flag restrictions are by design dude, WG doesnt want every CV (which is the most difficult ship class to play properly) to rock every kind of experience flag AND every kind of damage flag. They want you to play for a longer period of time when it comes to CVs. A bad/unexperienced CV player at high tiers will throw the game for his team, something WG wants to avoid.

.... Whether their attempts at this are successful or not are another topic altogether.

I don't recall anywhere WG stating such a thing. CVs are really the LEAST rewarding class. It never surprises me to get 50k+ dmg in and 20+ planes and still walk away with only around 185k=/- credits and land 4/5  on top exp. Being able to equip all the exp boosters like the other classes should at least compensate for this if WG will not make CVs more profitable. It is not like most players will have Hydras, Red Dragons, Dragons and Wyverns in great abundance. CV's always had this signal restrictions LONG before any of these special flags came into play.

I don't think WG is really concerned at all or cares whether a CV at any tier throws or the carries the game away.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Actually, Wargaming designs their games so that the average win rate is less than 50%. That's why they have draws. They want people to derp out.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I don’t think it’s a desperate need, but I do like the idea. Currently, carriers need to choose between grinding credits/XP, maximising damage output, or using a weak mixture. If there must be a compromise, at least increase the flag slots for premium carriers.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles
2 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

They also want to avoid people stacking flooding + fire flags, because together they add +19% flood chance per torp and +2% fire chance per bomb, which is a very big bonus if you know how to manual drop properly. With these 3 signals, good CV players can one-shot BB at their tier.

'Fat what.'

This has nothing to do with the OP's point.

• Bad 1

[RNJR]
Members
208 posts
4,217 battles

BACK on Topic - if Wg likes selling signal flags why not allow CVs to have more than four and up to eight??

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

'Fat what.'

This has nothing to do with the OP's point.

Huh? OP was squealing that he wants more than 4 flags on a CV. He told him why that was a bad idea. It has everything to do with the point so maybe you're the one missing it?

It's by design because they designed them to take 4. Use your melons.

I also like that the new forum faces thing is closely resembling in game karma. Someone spanks you (play or verbal). reported. 

Edited by Canadatron
  • Bad 2

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,905 battles
4 hours ago, Aiser50 said:

CV's should have all the signal flag(s) benefits of any other vehicle in this game. CV's, probably more than any other vehicle, help prevent camping and players driving round in full time tunnel vision mode. It may not be overboard (so as to speak) to state that CV's make for more aggressive play by those BB, and some cruiser, campers as they are aware that sitting alone will make them a target.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles
55 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Huh? OP was squealing that he wants more than 4 flags on a CV. He told him why that was a bad idea. It has everything to do with the point so maybe you're the one missing it?

It's by design because they designed them to take 4. Use your melons.

I also like that the new forum faces thing is closely resembling in game karma. Someone spanks you (play or verbal). reported. 

Nope his argument had nothing to do with the point whatsoever because everything he said applies to every other class. They all get 8. i should not have to explain this to you. You should know this allready.

So again

'Fat Whut.'

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
4 minutes ago, Carl said:

Nope his argument had nothing to do with the point whatsoever because everything he said applies to every other class. They all get 8. i should not have to explain this to you. You should know this allready.

So again

'Fat Whut.'

Lol. Yes because CV plays the same as the 3 surface combat ships. Keep at it brother.

CV having 4 flags is not an oversight. It's balance.

Edited by Canadatron
  • Funny 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles

Yes i do believe they're the same as surface ships. Because they are. Thats reality. Deal with it.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,540 posts
25,060 battles

The idea that 4 flags reduces the potato population at higher Tiers is absurd. Anyone could buy a Kaga, Saipan or Enterprise when they were on sale. There are bad Tier 10 CV players just like there are bad Yamato players. Also, CVs seem to earn less XP than other ship classes anyway, and WG can control that if they wish.

What about captain XP?  You need an 10-point captain on any CV, but after that it’s mostly gravy. Same could be said for cruisers too though.

For combat effectiveness, 4 flags is barely adequate. 

November Echo Setteseven for AA

Victor Lima for flood and fire boost

Juliet Whiskey Unaone boosts flooding

India X-ray for more fire -or- Sierra Mike for slightly more speed because everyone wants to kill you

If you gave BB players only 4 flags, they would have to choose between combat effectiveness and XP boosts too. Why are CVs any different?

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I want to say it was in a qa a long time ago, but I think WG said CVs only get 4 because CVs lack the masts (or whatever it's called, because navies are sometimes different) that other ships have, so "there isn't room"

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
32 minutes ago, Carl said:

Yes i do believe they're the same as surface ships. Because they are. Thats reality. Deal with it.

Facepalm ... Have you ever played a CV? Do you even know what the user interface for it looks like?

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,962 posts
1,487 battles
18 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Facepalm ... Have you ever played a CV? Do you even know what the user interface for it looks like?

Yes. And again this is relevant howe. Oh wait it completely isn't. Cmon i've seen you post elsewhere you aren't stupid.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
598 posts
9,402 battles
6 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

I can already stack those flags.  The Fire/Flood reduction, Speed and AA flags are really the only ones left after, MAYBE the secondary flag for kicks.  All of them really won't save you if you are caught out.  Regardless, if they allow more flags on CV's, cool, if not, cool. :Smile_Default:

What they need to work on is the interface for CV's.  Some examples: It gets annoying when you do a manual attack and it locks in, but every now and again one of your squadrons decide to do a 360 before actually attacking.  You cannot do a thing about it since it's locked in.  It is also annoying that you cannot do a manual attack under a waypoint marker.  It forces you to move the marker away from target in order to make a proper attack.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles
4 hours ago, cometguy said:

I want to say it was in a qa a long time ago, but I think WG said CVs only get 4 because CVs lack the masts (or whatever it's called, because navies are sometimes different) that other ships have, so "there isn't room"

Well, I believe you but that is THE biggest load of crap. Its [edited] that CV's cant mount 8 flags.

Only the formast was used for signals, and CV's had a formast. Not to mention that in the Pacific, CV's were typically the flagship of their fleet/squadron.

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,844 battles
5 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Lol. Yes because CV plays the same as the 3 surface combat ships. Keep at it brother.

CV having 4 flags is not an oversight. It's balance.

This is NOT in any way a balance actually. Most of these signals are completely useless for CVs. Juliet Whiskey Unaone flag is really the only useful combat flag for a CV and even with that it's torpedo bombers still have a lower chance of causing flooding then surface ship torps. India-Xray and Victor Lima come next with a 1% fire chance for dive bombers and even those are still not a guaranteed chance to start fires. Both of those flags are negligible really and better off saved for surface ships. CV's tend to cost the most research points in researching the initial hull, then there are all the modules that need grinding. Then there is the credit cost to the initial hull which also tends to be more expensive then the other ships of the same tier. Then there is the profitability of these ships, it literally takes me around 3 good CV games to earn the same amount of xp, cmdr xp, free xp and credits that I would on a single average game on a DD, BB, CL.

This is especially bad on high tiers where having a stock CV vs a fully upgraded CV even of the same nation and skill level is much more handicapping for a team then the same scenario happening for any of the other 3 classes.

Edited by Aiser50

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
32 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

CV crying intensifies....

Don't Worry. Wargaming is fixing everything, didn't you hear? 20178 is year of the CV.