Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

Screenshot software?

5 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,696 posts
3,941 battles

Okay ladies, help a bro out.

I've been gone a stretch and forgot what the heck program I usually used to be able to take multiple screenshots in a game. And before you tell me, no I will not be playing on Steam so I can't do it that way.

[PSP]
Members
6,323 posts
8,942 battles
3 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Okay ladies, help a bro out.

I've been gone a stretch and forgot what the heck program I usually used to be able to take multiple screenshots in a game. And before you tell me, no I will not be playing on Steam so I can't do it that way.

I just hit the Prt Scr key whenever I want a screenshot and all the screenshots are saved to C:\Games\World_of_Warships\screenshot as separate files.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3

[WOLF3]
Members
6,476 posts
2,422 battles

I have Lightshot loaded for reasons.  It hooks the Print Screen key.  Found out last night that it doesn't work in Full Screen mode, though does in Full Screen Windowed.

Here's my poor little Pensie being "repaired" by two French behemoths.

Crushed Pensie.png

Members
712 posts

alternatively if you have windows 10, there is the windows game-bar, you can then press Win key + Alt + R to start and stop recording creating an .mp4, alternatively press Win key + Alt + PrtScrn to take a screen shot in .png format, then both the mp4 or png can be in the same folder regardless of the game you play.

if you go to windows setting (replacement for the control panel - cog icon off the start menu) then open the "gaming" icon you can change the settings like key shortcuts, file save locations, 30fps or 60fps capture, etc for the above, though if you have a keyboard that supports macros and has spare keys for them, instead of changing the game-bar key shortcuts, just make macros so they become a single key press.

the game-bar produces some quite good recordings without much CPU load, though at 7.5GB to record 60mins of 1920x1080 @ 60fps its not exactly light on file size without processing it in another application, but to upload a couple of mins of gameplay to YouTube its fine, as YouTube take mp4 video.

Sign in to follow this