Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Bismarck and Mogami tips?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles

Hey all just looking for some gameplay tips on these two ships. I decided I am going up to Glober Kurfurst and Zao as I have had a lot of time in Atago and Tirpitz any tips are appreciated. Tactical advice or gameplay advice

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,420 battles

Please don't call it "Glober." The ß is "ss," so it would be spelled and pronounced "Grosser." If you have a had a lot of time in the Tirptiz, then the Bismarck should play almost identically, except you can't run up and smash a target with torps. Play it mid to close range and bow tank against enemies while you rip them up with secondaries and your fast reloading guns. The Mogami is a lot of fun in my opinion. I knew I was going to keep it and made a dedicated captain with IFHE for her. I play her has a kiting ship with both rudder upgrades so I can dodge salvos, and use island cover when its available. The limited range makes things a little dangerous, so I try to keep near allies (especially BBs) that give the enemy something else to shoot at.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Hey all just looking for some gameplay tips on these two ships. I decided I am going up to Glober Kurfurst and Zao as I have had a lot of time in Atago and Tirpitz any tips are appreciated. Tactical advice or gameplay advice

Mogami using 155s with IFHE and Concealment is absolutely brutal, as long as you don't expose your citadel and know when to stop shooting and disappear.

Bismarck is generic as a BB. Spec for secondaries but dont play aggressively or you'll get focus fired and murdered in 30 seconds. Preventative Maintenance, Adrenaline, BFT, AFT, Manual Secondaries and Manual AA. This build gives you best possible secondaries and best possible AA.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I describe the Mogami as a stealthy fire-starter. The 155mm guns are preferable for their high rate of fire, which is great for burning battleships and hunting destroyers. The ship is extremely vulnerable to battleship AP, so stay back and avoid getting focus-fired. Once the enemy destroyers have been spotted and sunk, you can use your concealment to capture zones or flank distracted targets.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this