Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Week End + Stupid mission =

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles

WE.jpg.88732ef81309d8a445c32ff2e8098f4a.jpg                                     WE2.jpg.4c1946b82424b5fce360f7db24162bbd.jpg

This is just... fun and engaging. 

I know WE are full of stupid players and only masochist play during WE ( I guess i'm one of them too) but WG why are you giving stupid mission DURING WE ? So far all your free premium are blocked behind a wall of stupid mission encouraging stupid behaviour and salt. I don't care about my WR since people like throwing away wins but when will you decide to play your own freaking game and see the mess you're creating thanks to your stupid mission ? I'm trying to get my torps hit so i'm playing DD but when you're forced in a Shinonome to contest cap because every other DD are suiciding against BB to get torps hit / hugging the edge of the map and doing nothing for the entire 20 game this is frustrating.

When will you introduce mission that require using the ship at his best potential ? When will we have a mission asking for a DD to spot X ship ? When will have a mission rewarding BB when they actually decide to support their team ? You made some smart and good mission rewarding good team play for Yamamoto's campain :

-Mission 2 Task 2 "Help your team cause 80k damage upon your spotting in a single battle. Requirement : CV"

-Mission 2 Task 6 :" Spot 500 torpedos"

-Mission 3 Task 2 : Help your team cause 40k damage upon your spotting in a single battle and survive. Requirement: DD" The "survive" part could be remove though

-Mission 3 Task 6 :"Earn 25 cap / assist in cap ribbon. Requirement : DD or CA"

The only sad part is that those mission are very rare. Only 2-3 task reward good play out of 9.  Before introducing mission, think about what your average player would do to fulfill those mission. You know each time you introduce a mission like "Kill X ship" or "Kill X ship and survive" it will create a big mess and salt. Each time you introduce those mission the forum is full of rant like mine right now.

Please stop  

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,541 battles

I don't know seems like all the teams I've been on tonight are winning I must be on the other side of the coin and aren't having problems

Members
6,916 posts
7,508 battles

The last WEEK has been hellishly poor play, especially from DD's.

I'm constantly div'd, and even with a 3 man div of really good players, we just lose and lose, and can't even get damage, because from 16 minutes on, we have no eyes, and are running, so most of our guns can't be used. This is effing absurd, and obviously no-one at WG cares, because the base complains about what their missions do repeatedly, and they just keep doing it. I've had more sub 30k damage rounds in a freakin BB in the last week than I've had in the last 16 months.

Avoiding torps from DD's I can't find will do that. Instead of, you know, getting to shoot at other ships. One of my best ship's WR has dropped by over 10%, and its average damage by 12k.

Very frustrating and non-engaging.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,855 posts
19,042 battles
39 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I don't know seems like all the teams I've been on tonight are winning I must be on the other side of the coin and aren't having problems

Then you must be having the luck of the Irish .

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
46 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Must be playing Coop.

• Boring 1

Members
191 posts

My typical weekend, win a few loose more...or so seems to be the start.
Hadn't had any games i just screwed the pooch (yet, i'll get radar'ed eventually and get blapped). Last game i did the best i could, didn't matter.
I did a great "jeorb", least imo. Someone will get the reference...cause I'm old.

icantcarryyou1.thumb.png.34219bd4a8cd7032556f608acea0ffcf.png

[-BRS-]
Members
1,631 posts
13,541 battles
43 minutes ago, Jarink said:

Must be playing Coop.

50 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Then you must be having the luck of the Irish .

I had to open my big mouth and I've lost two in a row:Smile_amazed:

[5D5]
Members
2,284 posts
14,319 battles

No issues here, I've won 7 of 10 and averaged 77k damage today while completing both missions quickly.

[SALVO]
Members
17,040 posts
17,659 battles

I'm sorry but a mission that requires you to get 4 torp hits and a win is not "stupid".  4 torp hits really isn't that many.  Oh, I'm not saying that it's dirt simple, but it's not that hard either.  

I didn't get it tonight myself, despite trying a few times.  But frankly, the hardest part of getting it was almost all the DDs in battles.  It can be difficult to get 4 torp hits when you're in  battles with 4-5 DDs per team.  It's not just about having so many friendlies trying to all get torp hits.  It's also that there are so many enemy DDs floating around the map, that it can be hard to get into good torping positions at all.  The best battle I had tonight on this mission was 3 torp hits in a win.  And even then each of the torp hits was a kill shot, so there was no chance of a second hit in any of those little engagements.

I'll try again tomorrow (well, really later today).  Actually one of the stinky things about this mission is that it conflicts with the Int. Women's Day mission where you want to get 10 fires and 10 cits, because of course, it's usually easiest to get cits in BBs, not DDs.  And while 10 fires are pretty easy to get, 10 cits can be rather more difficult.  I got my last 3 cits tonight for that mission in a really strange battle.  I hopped into my Guilio Ceasare and ended up in a tier 7 battle with only 2 cruisers, 5 BBs, and 5 DDs.  And of the 5 BBs, 3 of them were German.  I thought I was so screwed with so few targets I felt I had a chance of getting cits on.

BUT...

As luck would have it, both cruisers came to my side of the map (2 Brothers).  I nailed the Myoko with a 2 cit dev strike fairly early on.  And that left the Phoenix. Yes, a Phoenix in a fail division.  But I had the hardest time even landing a hit on this guy because he was driving around in circles.  I got so frustrated that I just said "eff it" and took a wild guess on where he was going to end up on his circular  course and fired off the volley.  And about 6 seconds later.... another 2 cit dev strike!!!  Needed 3, got 4 cits.  Mission complete for the day.  Now I have to repeat it all over again so I can get the camo.  Ugh.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
7,268 battles

PVP missions that require DD skills. Basically, each overtiered battle is loaded with four or five OP DDs that yolo ahead, and the battle is decided by the result of such. I load HE and kill them the best I can. The team that gets "dealt" the best players on the DD side of the teams usually wins.

[WOLF2]
Members
379 posts
6,189 battles

Took me 3 tries for the torp mission. Got the wins, but ended up with 3 torp hits only twice.

Damn those wasd hackers! :fish_viking:

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,230 battles

These missions cause me to play ships I may not have in a while and assume roles on the team that change things up so I’m happy with the variety, I’m sure there are players who find torps easy and the 150 main gun hits a challenge, so the variety is good and I like the frequent mixing up of things which is better than being ignored by the game runners as is the case in most others.

Edited by Visidious

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

So it's a stupid mission, why? The missions aren't that hard. Just play as you would normally, if you're not a crapper there is a good chance it'll happen. If it doesn't happen there is a chance you're a crapper or you didn't play enough. Thats it..

Weekend play isn't that much worse but it's certainly not any better either. What's another spud not playing the objective going to hurt, there are already about 6 per battle anyway.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

If it makes you feel better, when I DD, I try to play almost strictly as a spotter and only bring my armaments on-line when it's required or when I'm detected. 

Edited by BullpupWOT

Sign in to follow this