You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CSV_defender

Gameplay Quality Going Down Fast

66 comments in this topic

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles

O hell. I been playing WG for 4/5 years. Always someone is crapping about " significant decline in teams". When WAS the golden era?  Huh?  When?  Random battles have not changed because it is "random".  Nothing new here.  Carry on mate.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 13
  • Bad 1

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
3 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

LOL, you bit late on this one m8 :cap_fainting:

:Smile_popcorn:

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,477 battles

It's always about 'declining players because, reasons", or some other nonsense.  

• Cool 1

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
40 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

It's always about 'declining players because, reasons", or some other nonsense.  

Well there was a mythical/legendary "golden era" I have heard when all was right and good and all players were great. All were fair and honorable. Both in WoT and WoWs.  It was a time when the GODS played, descended from Mt Olympus, and there were struggles of titanic proportions between true warriors kinda like in Homer's Iliad, the Trojan War. God-like men who took no quarter and did not expect it for themselves either.  These were the early gamer testers...I do think. It was a true warrior culture ( so I have heard) and running away was a death sentence from your own team.  Their women were beautiful and smart. All was right with the world. Shells hit where you aimed. Stuff blew up real good and historically accurately. Unfortunately I joined bout a year after this "Golden Era" which now only lives in the memories of those old early players. Sob.  Boo hoo. I missed that "era".  Blab blab so on and so forth etc. etc. Carry on all! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 5

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
Just now, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

The golden era is monday to thursday.  Today is inpossibly brad.  Tomorrow probably too

I agree.  2 matches tonight and 2 total blown out losses. Happens.

[WPP]
Members
514 posts
5,409 battles
5 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

The golden era is monday to thursday.  Today is inpossibly brad.  Tomorrow probably too

Damn brad always making it hard.  

Im curious if people watched the video though.  Sure, there’s a “the game sucks now” angle but it’s really about how to properly compensate and incentivize players for contributing to wins - or playing well.  Because right now you have no real reason to do anything but shoot your guns as soon as they reload ...again and again until one team loses.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,441 posts
11,693 battles

Weekends..... just about sums it up.

Then we add Steam into the mix with players hitting tier 8....

This morning was bad.

Took my Yugo out and spotted ships and torps... our NC decided I didn' give him enough warning on enemy torps, [8 km].....

Got 4 kills and slowed battleships down...

Amazing how enemy destroyers stayed alive despite me keeping them spotted most of match...

Last alive loss....91k damage.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,027 battles

A lot of what he said in that Video was the truth 

• Cool 3

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Weekends..... just about sums it up.

Then we add Steam into the mix with players hitting tier 8....

This morning was bad.

Took my Yugo out and spotted ships and torps... our NC decided I didn' give him enough warning on enemy torps, [8 km].....

Got 4 kills and slowed battleships down...

Amazing how enemy destroyers stayed alive despite me keeping them spotted most of match...

Last alive loss....91k damage.

I played tonight.  I will not play again until late Sunday nite. Fri-Sat night....I dunno why but I lose lots. Of course I suck a lot. 

• Cool 2

Members
4,531 posts
6,420 battles
2 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

A lot of what he said in that Video was the truth 

Agree.

• Cool 1

Members
6,895 posts
7,508 battles

People refusing to play the objective, yoloing in the extreme, plus all the new, clueless players through Steam, throw in missions with idiotic reqs, and this is the sate we're left with.

Not remotely fun. Completely non-engaging.

• Cool 3

Members
1,106 posts
5,690 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

O hell. I been playing WG for 4/5 years. Always someone is crapping about " significant decline in teams". When WAS the golden era?  Huh?  When?  Random battles have not changed because it is "random".  Nothing new here.  Carry on mate.

This is probably true but it won't stop me from calling the player base stupid every time I have a bad day of boats.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,562 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Well there was a mythical/legendary "golden era" I have heard when all was right and good and all players were great. All were fair and honorable. Both in WoT and WoWs.  It was a time when the GODS played, descended from Mt Olympus, and there were struggles of titanic proportions between true warriors kinda like in Homer's Iliad, the Trojan War. God-like men who took no quarter and did not expect it for themselves either.  These were the early gamer testers...I do think. It was a true warrior culture ( so I have heard) and running away was a death sentence from your own team.  Their women were beautiful and smart. All was right with the world. Shells hit where you aimed. Stuff blew up real good and historically accurately. Unfortunately I joined bout a year after this "Golden Era" which now only lives in the memories of those old early players. Sob.  Boo hoo. I missed that "era".  Blab blab so on and so forth etc. etc. Carry on all! :Smile_honoring:

It’s not that Wows was better or worse a few years ago, it’s just that it was simpler 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,301 battles
49 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Today is inpossibly brad. 

Is this the new slang? Neat!

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

It may seem like the teams are bad more so lately is due to the missions for the ships. That's when you see a spike of horrible teams for the duration because that's actually how bad most of the player base really is. This isn't meant to be snide but to point out the fact that most of us that post here tend to play more than the "average" player really. Most of the players for this game don't even visit the forums. They just wanna shoot ships and don't care about anything or anyone else. Just like WoT.

If anything WG encourages this awful behavior with these stupid ship missions that require you to forgo team play and play for yourself which leads to garbage teams and lopsided matches.

But yeah nothing new here.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,722 posts
8,237 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

When WAS the golden era?  Huh?  When?

To me World of Warship never had golden era. 

Imagine you draw a straight line, let's say at the top of your paper. Then sometime your line drop then become straight again at the level where it dropped and this line goes on. It the line keeps dropping until you reach the bottom of your paper. Sometime this line slightly rise then drop at his original position. This is pretty much what I see in World of Warship. Level never rise and keep decreasing but each time you think you reached the bottom, somehow you find out that no, you still decreasing.

It's a bit abstract I hope people understand xD 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,651 battles

Considering that all damage is good except for fire damage that is healed and doesn't contribute to a kill or retreat, why shouldn't damage be rewarded most? That's how you sink ships or force them to disengage.

[SIDE]
Members
34 posts

Reading these comments, some veteran players "get it", others think its just [edited] about not winning matches.  NO.  Win or lose, it doesn't matter to the experienced player.  The goal is to take actions that give your TEAM the best chance of winning.  However, too many players don't get it.  Spotting is critical and potential damage is huge if your team is say supporting the DD properly.  Capping is almost impossible with many teams, b/c CLs and BBs are staying in the rear with the gear so not to take damage.  So the DD jumps the cap and its suicide.

I could go on and on, but the incentives and disincentives for good and bad team play are not there.  Watch the video, then criticize this string.  WOWS doesn't want to hear this stuff, but it is true.  Reward good team players and create disincentives for BBs and CLs not doing their jobs.  That is the whole point.

Members
2,368 posts
7,649 battles
7 hours ago, dmckay said:

The problem is not the players, yes they are random and there is little you cant do about that.The problem is how WG balance the game. WG is dropping the skill floor and is adding more and more dumb things into the game. 

Members
242 posts
638 battles
9 hours ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

This is probably true but it won't stop me from calling the player base stupid every time I have a bad day of boats.

Well... at least you can admit it :cap_haloween:

Also... that movie did NOT do justice to Ajax, he was my favorite character in the book. :cap_viking:

[DPG]
Members
885 posts
4,410 battles

It's all well and good to say they need to move away from just damage as the metric for skill, but until people stop posting things like "Look at this guys stats, only 19k average damage, and a wtr of 650."  it's not going to change.  They are catering to peoples epeen.  Kills and damage are the only things people can see.  If you give out more xp for contributing in different ways you'll see an influx of "hey this guy got more base xp than me and he didn't kill anything, not even one dev strike."

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
12 hours ago, dmckay said:

The golden age of WoT ended when I quit playing in favor of WoWS.

Just FYI.  

:cap_cool: