You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Got mah new bote...

36 comments in this topic

Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles

But where do I stash the tackle box, bait bucket, and ice chest on the 'lil booger?

Anyway... I finally finished the Aigle grind. Used Belfast and Perth (mostly Perth) to do the modules task, and used Lo Yang for the torpedo hits.

Aigle.thumb.jpg.256bdc2b7353f5882843c39e867c206d.jpg

Supertester
418 posts
6,137 battles

I thought the 100 modules taks would take a while... then I remembered I have a Nelson. Finished it in two battles :Smile_teethhappy:

And I was able to do the torpedo hits in my first battle of the day, using the Shinonome.

Aigle was totally worth the effort. It feels like the Dunkerque in the sense that it's not really that good, but it is definitely fun to play. I was hunting DDs with ease on her, even higher tier ones.

Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

Aigle was totally worth the effort. It feels like the Dunkerque in the sense that it's not really that good, but it is definitely fun to play. I was hunting DDs with ease on her, even higher tier ones.

I've been test driving Aggie in Co-Op and she seems to be pretty decent. My only complaint is the slower than molasses in January turret rotation. She's fun to drive though! :cap_like:

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
378 posts
9,589 battles

Well done.

I got mine today and me and the boat do not work well together.  I completed The Gold of France missions in co-op with her and she might stay a port queen.

[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,862 battles

The Aigle reaches 45 knots with engine boost + sierra mike flag. It also has a very ominous horn and ominous engine sound as it sails away. I like this ship very much.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

I thought the 100 modules taks would take a while... then I remembered I have a Nelson. Finished it in two battles :Smile_teethhappy:

I did something similar with Conqueror.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Supertester
418 posts
6,137 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I've been test driving Aggie in Co-Op and she seems to be pretty decent. My only complaint is the slower than molasses in January turret rotation. She's fun to drive though! :cap_like:

I can deal with the slow turning of the guns, what it's harder to deal with is the fact that those guns have the shell arcs of a trebuchet. But that's minor problem when you can have so much fun just by having that crazy speed boost.

Spoiler

Whenever I activate the speed boost, I can hear this in the background:

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I did something similar with Conqueror.

Do you have Jack Dunkirk as your captain?

dappermouse_by_chobittsu_studios-dc59m01

As for me, there was only one song to play when I got my Yamato.

And this as well in battle (yes it's the Gamillas anthem but you have to admit it is epic and awesome);

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
19,070 battles

I took the easy way out and brought it

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
16 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Do you have Jack Dunkirk as your captain?

dappermouse_by_chobittsu_studios-dc59m01

I do indeed.

HOg3koy.png

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

I did mine in the Kirov, Mogami and Takao. Still trying to figure out how to gunboat with it though. Have to stop rushing in to bully and expect to have vision and support all the time

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,185 posts
11,695 battles

Did mine in the Nachi.  I'm a few missions behind so it will be a few days

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

I'm at 93 of a hundred on those module kills so so close

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

Just got mine today, too.

Those 139mm mortars take some getting used to, though.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,733 posts
8,284 battles

GG, still trying to make my torps and win mission

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,461 posts
11,777 battles
2 hours ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I took the easy way out and brought it

Knowing my work schedule, I did too.

I'm like 6 missions away from being reimbursed. 

I play her like a Khabba, but with usable torps. 

Members
191 posts

Grats! Always a good feeling when you get a new bote.
Take er' out for a spin and let the fun begin!

Hopefully you don't get yelled out by your team for being "terrible".
In my case, the "Hindy was hindering us!"...all because i didnt yolo and have my broadside facing an enemy.
Of course, if i was so terrible on my 8th game total in it, what did that make the rest of the team?

newbotepng.thumb.png.3fb71242b51f70ca2030d6640b52a60f.png

[NDA]
Supertester
4,847 posts
13,829 battles

I just got this floating excuse for a destroyer myself. I've played a lot of destroyers, its one of my preferred classes but this thing is turning out to be a floating pile of ship. I dropped the special French Captain on to it thinking I would start training him for the day we see French DDs. Not sure he'll get much training after the 4 games I've suffered through. Only one win so far and that was the teams doing not mine. The Guns turn like they have rust in the bearings. Her torps barely seem useful. The only good things I can say about the ship is its speed even with out running Speed Boost and she has a nice train horn. But other wise the ship reminds me of what the US Dough Boys said about the Chauchat, maybe we can turn her into a still for making adult beverages. I like Destroyers that can contribute to the game and so far I can't see how the Aigle contributes to the game. If I can finish the 3 Aigle campaign tasks this ships is getting moth balled. 

Almost forgot. This ship eats damage, either because of her armor thickness or how thick the ship is. But I found myself getting wrecked trying to fight T5 Destroyers. I'm glad I got her for free because I would regret paying for this ship. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

1 more mission left. Already have the Aigle, so I'm expecting gold instead.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
6 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

I like Destroyers that can contribute to the game and so far I can't see how the Aigle contributes to the game. If I can finish the 3 Aigle campaign tasks this ships is getting moth balled. 

The Aigle has a minimum detect range of 6.8 km. Plus the stock turret rotation is not what I'd call stellar. Using her like an IJN or USN DD is not recommended. Play her like a VMF dd. Be the back up for DD's going to cap. Don't cap in the first minutes unless you're sure you're alone or you got back up. Use Honore's EM and LS skills to buff the rate of fire. I recommend BFT and SE skills to the CO build.

The torps are just outside the detect range and are slow and easily detected, but then they hit, they hit hard.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

She is a light cruiser; a contre-torpeilleur, not a general purpose destroyer as the USN or RN philosophy understands the term. You have to bear that in mind.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The Aigle has a minimum detect range of 6.8 km. Plus the stock turret rotation is not what I'd call stellar. Using her like an IJN or USN DD is not recommended. Play her like a VMF dd. Be the back up for DD's going to cap. Don't cap in the first minutes unless you're sure you're alone or you got back up. Use Honore's EM and LS skills to buff the rate of fire. I recommend BFT and SE skills to the CO build.

The torps are just outside the detect range and are slow and easily detected, but then they hit, they hit hard.

Thanks for the advice.