You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

High tier games ending quickly

11 comments in this topic

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
937 posts
5,985 battles

I've been grinding the B hull for my Roon/Neptune, I noticed that the frequency of games ending early due to one of the team reaching 0 points has risen bigtime... Is it the result of the new shell mechanics increasing the odds of citadels? Hmm.

EJ

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,339 battles
2 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I've been grinding the B hull for my Roon/Neptune, I noticed that the frequency of games ending early due to one of the team reaching 0 points has risen bigtime... Is it the result of the new shell mechanics increasing the odds of citadels? Hmm.

EJ

I’d reckon more so the fact of people trying to do missions instead of playing the objective, leading to bases being uncapped or leading to bewildering life choices like charging a BB line for torpedo hits.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,831 battles
7 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

I’d reckon more so the fact of people trying to do missions instead of playing the objective, leading to bases being uncapped or leading to bewildering life choices like charging a BB line for torpedo hits.

people chasing stats instead of objectives?

Say it aint so!

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Say it aint so!

Ok, It ain't so!

However my saying so isn't the determining factor.LOL

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
7 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

EJ

Not sure some things I’ve noticed are the spotting mechanics ..,have seen BBS blinking off and on like Christmas tree lights they fire and and only after a few seconds do they become visable and then only for a few seconds

the increase by smoke could account for lots of it but not all, yesterday saw 2 Cruisers at 7.7k on my minimal except when I looked they were not there there was no smoke open ocean they did become visable just seconds before the game ended

also saw torpedo planes 2 k from my ship on my minimap but when I looked there were not seen ..  go figure what’s up

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,062 posts
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Say it aint so!

1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Ok, It ain't so!

However my saying so isn't the determining factor.LOL

Sadly it is  so:Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic::Smile-angry:

[MIA-A]
Members
2,140 posts
6,831 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Sadly it is  so:Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic::Smile-angry:

I will sail my bb straight in reverse as protest!

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,411 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I will sail my bb straight in reverse as protest!

So normal BB game then? :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by FacePalming

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
566 posts
4,804 battles

High tier games ending quickly is nothing new. It is something that has been happening frequently for the several months now. 

• Cool 1

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,041 battles

I’m not saying it is the missions, but it’s also players running from caps instead of brawling for them. I’ve had a few games recently where I’ve gone into cap a with a couple of teammates and, after a pitch battle to capture (let’s say) A notice that B,C,&D are red and the rest of our team either aren’t pushing for those caps or keep falling back. 

What really gets me irked are the low tier ships that are either out of their firing range on the reds or just barely able to contribute. 

Granted my play style is that I’d rather engage and brawl, but running doesn’t get you points and slowly erases your score to zero because you have no caps to earn them back

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,886 battles
3 hours ago, FacePalming said:

So normal BB game then? :Smile_teethhappy:

You beat me to it. That was my first thought.