You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Anyone else getting fatal crashes with new Nvidia driver?

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles

Just updated yesterday to 391.01 and have had two fatal crash to desktops with it. Previous driver was rock solid. I am downloading the previous driver as I type this. It is ver 390.77. 

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

I use the 391.01 driver and it worked great until the 7.2 update, since that update - lag (as reported in other threads). But the driver worked great prior to that update. I've had no crashed (before or after update).

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
32 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Just updated yesterday to 391.01 and have had two fatal crash to desktops with it. Previous driver was rock solid. I am downloading the previous driver as I type this. It is ver 390.77. 

as a user of 390/77 on my Laptop... it kind of lags a bit but that is because it is a potato laptop with NVS4200M card... but it plays the game very well for an Orieda product....

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,636 battles

I was wondering what was going on! It worked fine until yesterday, then suddenly I get weird lag, no crashes but frame freezing and stuff...

[-BSS-]
Members
395 posts
6,289 battles

I’ve been using Windows 10 and up to date nVidia drivers with WOWS since 2015, in the past week I’ve had my first ever Blue Screen of Death in windows 10, has happened twice now, and a few crashes of the WOWS client that I have to either reboot or log out and log back to windows to get out of due to nothing responding to close the window and get back to normal.

The hard to recover from WOWS crashes happened before the latest patch and nVidia driver, actually started happening a few weeks ago, for me.

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles

You can try running the integrity check in the WOWS Client. Click Settings. I found that sometimes it clears up some of these issues

Members
3,471 posts
6,176 battles

I never, ever run the newest drivers as they generally caused too many issues for me in years past.  I always go several drivers back and currently - I gfo way back since I have a GTX 670 and frankly not well supported in really new drivers.

Members
624 posts

Have had the game crash several times after newest update. Too busy with other things so will likely not play until next WOWs update. 

This started right after my nivedia? Update. Did not put the two together ——- Thanks

In future will manually deal with nivedia. 

Running 1060 game card