You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Izumo Chronicles: Day ???

19 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,325 battles

Captain’s Log: ????

It’s not the ship’s fault, it can’t be. All these losses, all the suffering at the hands of fire spewing cruisers and cross dropping Midways. It must be me, it has to be me. Izumo wouldn’t fail me like that, she wouldn’t get my hopes up only to crush them seven games in a row. All I can hear is the distant laughter of Hindenburg as fire slowly engulfs the bridge. Even Admiral Yamamoto is silent, the resolve gone from his face, replaced with contempt for the ship he was given command. Requests for emergency Free XP have been denied. Allied fleets are in port or in battle a world away. For any reading this be warned: Izumo is not what she seems. 

Edited by Usedcarjock
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,391 posts
5,086 battles

Izumo is all fun and games until a high tier cruiser or CV wants to farm you.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,325 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Izumo is all fun and games until a high tier cruiser or CV wants to farm you.

That goes for most BBs. Just multiply the frustration by 24.

[TURDS]
Members
43 posts
981 battles

I just got into Izumo. WR is in freefall :D I was right around 50% and now slipped to 47% from losses on Izumo alone. 

I would rather see what I can do with the A hull until I grind to C hull versus going back to tier 8 prem grind for free exp to finally get to Yamamoto. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,325 battles
12 minutes ago, wiztaxi said:

I just got into Izumo. WR is in freefall :D I was right around 50% and now slipped to 47% from losses on Izumo alone. 

I would rather see what I can do with the A hull until I grind to C hull versus going back to tier 8 prem grind for free exp to finally get to Yamamoto. 

Spoilers: It doesn’t change much. You just burn/flood longer.

[TURDS]
Members
43 posts
981 battles
2 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Spoilers: It doesn’t change much. You just burn/flood longer.

You know I might be forced to grind to the tier x another way because why I find is that people in DDs will bracket your izumo and catch you bow tanking with spreads of torps that no evasion strat will help with. That's happened way to much. For some reason those DDs don't come up on my Roma like that. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,325 battles
1 minute ago, wiztaxi said:

You know I might be forced to grind to the tier x another way because why I find is that people in DDs will bracket your izumo and catch you bow tanking with spreads of torps that no evasion strat will help with. That's happened way to much. For some reason those DDs don't come up on my Roma like that. 

See the trick that had me fooled for a while was staying on the move. I had little issue when it came to DDs. What usually ended me was the endless spewing of fire from the heavens from all directions.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles

Haven't played a lot of Izumo games, but it seems like overall the ship is outdated and inconsistent. Some times you get god tier dispersion and easily delete ships, other times its game after game after game of shotgun Izumo. Additionally, you mostly only have 6 guns to fire at a time. There are certain ships in the game, people just know its a garbage boat so they will just farm you, Pensa, Izumo, FDG. I am sure there are more.

Members
1,459 posts
12,328 battles

Thank God ( or WG) for the concept of Free Exp, THE only thing that can be applied to the Izumo to elimination the fury and hopeless you feel.

[VW]
Members
1,937 posts
12,499 battles

I don’t understand why everyone hates this ship, granted I’m 40k away so i will no doubt discover why. But should she be played like a dunk/rich/alsace? Anyone who backs and forths deserves to be HE spammed to death, is there a reason for not playing mobility with her?

[CAPGO]
Members
529 posts
3,317 battles

Izumo.. is miles better than the Friedrich Der Grosser at current situation.

Izumo at least has very good guns. I know turret #3 has weird setup but it's still way better than Friedrich Der Grosser's terrible aft turret arcs.

Izumo can at least punish enemies when they make mistakes.

FDG on the other hand? the ship punishes YOU(mentally) everytime you fire your guns.

you are afraid of Midways? pffff try surviving one strike run in the FDG.

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,153 battles

All the T9 BBs will have their struggles and their kryptonite but i think all of them are strong and balanced. The Izumo pumps out shells and can tank for a very very long time, the only thing it lacks is the penetration ability of the yamato. 
It also has a better armour layout than the yamato with a turtleback.

The FDG is a brawler, it can put out shells at 22secs with reload mod on the 406s which is incredible. It's a bismarck with more hp, faster reload and higher caliber.

The Iowa is great but it lacks sustainability as any broadside is heavily punished. 

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,015 battles

I quite enjoyed the Izumo. I don’t FXP ships and try to grind through the whole line. The Izumo plays differently than any of the other IJN BBs and I thing that’s part of the problem people have with her.

Izumo wasn’t an easy grid but once I adapted some of the play style I learned in the Dunk (still my favourite T6 B.B.) the grind wasn’t too bad.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Sorry she's not performing well for you today. Hopefully it was just an off day and you'll be back to enjoying her soon.

Members
1,567 posts
9,993 battles

My Conqueror serves up Izumos crispy to extra crispy depending on the time of day and map. I can just smell one burn now as I type

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,325 battles
12 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Sorry she's not performing well for you today. Hopefully it was just an off day and you'll be back to enjoying her soon.

Yea about that.....

"You hear the Space Battleship YAAAAAMAAAAATOOOOOOOO in the background start playing"

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,592 battles

I happily skipped it. It could play incredibly well...and I wouldn't care.....at all. Izumo is just too ugly. I don't base my decisions purely on aesthetics, but this was an exception lol. 

Members
2,289 posts
4,117 battles

I have enjoyed the izumo so far. Full agreement on the DDs and their torpedoes. 

She's an anti BB ship. Bow on or angled against a yammy and she shrugs off an incredible amount of damage. She only really suffers from high rof HE and even then with a survival build it isn't that bad, Oh and RN CLs.