You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

WG Pays Tribute to Woman's Day

15 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,497 battles

But ignores the Battle of Java Sea. Sometimes I wonder........we get the story of some obscure Russian (of course) female captain while the Captain of the USS Houston gets no mention. Of course what did he ever do..oh yeah "Captain Rooks posthumously received the Medal of Honor for "extraordinary heroism, outstanding courage, gallantry in action and distinguished service in the line of his profession as Commanding Officer of the USS Houston during the period of 4 to February 27, 1942, while in action with superior Japanese enemy aerial and surface forces."

Edited by KalishniKat
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles

Well, there wouldn't have been a battle of Java if there weren't any women, so...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,042 battles
5 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

But ignores the Battle of Java Sea. Sometimes I wonder........

You want the truth? Marketing.

People of my generation are more likely to celebrate a woman in naval history than a battle from generations ago.

I don't mind either way. I like new players, and if this improves the playerbase, then fine.

Of course, it would not have been difficult to do both.

Oh well.

• Cool 1

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
405 posts
7,926 battles

Remember, big companies have to be "politically correct" or they get as much flak as a Japanese airstrike on a US fleet.  

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,497 battles

First ship I see with stupid flower camo, I'm going out of my way to sink it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,584 posts
1 minute ago, ARandomClaymore said:

Well, there wouldn't have been a battle of Java if there weren't any women, so...

:Smile_teethhappy: Yep! Also there are a lot more women in the world than people who took place in that battle.

Hell, I'm not taking anything away from the Battle of Java, but women have done a hell of a lot around the world - including plenty during all the wars! So why not celebrate them! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,492 battles

Oh my.  This thread will go well.

It might be <insert political agenda here> or it might just be that International Women's Day is a much bigger event than Battle of Java Sea Day quite literally everywhere in the world...

The idea that WG ignores naval battles is absurd -- it's pretty much the default theme for in-game events.  They have all kinds of events all year around for different naval battles, and they've missed many that are far more significant than Java Sea, so I wouldn't get my sailor's breeches into too much of a knot over it.

Bad troll is bad.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, LegoGenius16 said:

Remember, big companies have to be "politically correct" or they get as much flak as a Japanese airstrike on a US fleet.  

I try to provide some balance to the force be preferentially supporting businesses that do politically incorrect though factually correct things and avoiding supporting PC companies if there is any alternative.

On that topic I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance because they refused to insert a "diverse" cast into a game set in old knights and castles Germany. It also happens to be a good game.

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles
2 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

First ship I see with stupid flower camo, I'm going out of my way to sink it. 

I'll be playing Scenarios later this evening and will sport the 'Flower Power' camo. Fire away! :fish_haloween:

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,497 battles

Maybe I should switch over to World of Tanks..less girly stuff like flower camo, anime girls and kitty cats there.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SF-A]
Members
2,897 posts
5,717 battles
5 minutes ago, Viper101 said:

You want the truth? Marketing.

People of my generation are more likely to celebrate a woman in naval history than a battle from generations ago.

I don't mind either way. I like new players, and if this improves the playerbase, then fine.

Of course, it would not have been difficult to do both.

Oh well.

THIS THIS THIS

It's about money and time spent. It might take a bit to make a mission or event for the battle, and it wouldn't be as popular. Making a flowery camo however, will take little time, will be more popular, and checks the PC box.

• Bad 1

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, KalishniKat said:

Maybe I should switch over to World of Tanks..less girly stuff like flower camo, anime girls and kitty cats there.

Ok, you do that.

• Cool 4

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,429 posts
9,557 battles

Ok Kalishnikat, you are over due for a positive thread. What do you like about the game and WG?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WGA]
Administrator
696 posts
251 battles

Folks this isn't gameplay related and most certainly isn't going to go anywhere constructive so I'm going to go ahead and close it.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1