Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Normandie okay?

5 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
434 posts
5,756 battles

I don't normally play BBs very much, but I got the Bretagne before the French BBs were released by completing a mission or something.  So I figured I'd give it a shot.  I'm getting better, and I've just about finished the grind to Normandie.  It looks interesting, but the AA looks really horrible.  I get jumped by planes all the time in Bretagne, but the AA is good enough to at least take some of them with me, if not quite good enough to actually save me.  So, to anyone who's played Normandie a bit, are planes the bane of your existence?  Or do you not see planes that much?  I've got another tier six I play all the time, the Nurnberg, which is optimized for AA, and I don't see CVs much while playing it, and it's very rare to see 2 CVs per side.  But I'm wondering if that's a general tier 6 thing, or if MM just doesn't like to put CVs in matches with ships that can give them wedgies and take their lunch money?

[MHG]
Members
56 posts
13,170 battles

Your ship is maneuverable enough and AA cruisers are plentiful enough that planes are not that big a deal for Normandie.

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,686 battles

If you want I can play AA Cleveland with you in a div. I'll be on tonight and maybe a little tomorrow, and would be happy to swat someone's pilots for you.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,429 posts
3,370 battles

I like Normandie. Very fast and agile for a BB, which is quite remarkable for its tier. At first, 12 guns seems less "fun" compared to Tier VII Lyon's sixteen guns, but in truth, 12 guns are more than enough to pepper your target with a whole bunch of shells baguettes and make them cri, lol.

Secondaries and AA are okay, but the armor is not. You need to be very careful about showing your broadside to launch 12 shells baguettes at once. Just utilize the speed and take opportunistic shots and things will be fine. :]

My 2 doubloons.

Edited by Blorgh2017

Sign in to follow this