You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

This Torpedo Mission ‘Vent’

41 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles

I swear as soon as my torpedo count hits four, every team I’m on gets a sudden rush of excrement to the brain and falls apart. When I do win I get three torpedo hits. I’ve gone the full spectrum of tiers, from IX, to X, to V, and to VII. All I’ve come away with is endless frustration and near completions that make my experience less enjoyable. The closest I’ve gotten was 3 torpedo hits and the fourth about to hit but the match ends on points. This has happened not once but twice in two games. I mean my games are doing well, I’m playing well, but at this point four hits and a win might as well just be impossible. ‘Insert comments saying they got it done on the first mission.’

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,408 battles

The worst is the ones that say "Do X good things, survive the battle, and win".  I swear I spent 8 missions in a row achieving two out of three of those but not all three.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

The worst is the ones that say "Do X good things, survive the battle, and win".  I swear I spent 8 missions in a row achieving two out of three of those but not all three.

And I get the reason why it’s get a win this time around because they don’t want people not playing the objective, still sucks that it’s a thing, but I guess it could be worse.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

I plan to use the viking longboat.

I considered it at one point, may commit to that based on how things are going.

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,002 battles

well at least you get some hits .  i dont play DD but trying for this mission in the us t5 dd. i take 5-10 minutes going around a map and manage to sneak up to a lyon or normandie withing 3.4 km launch like 8 torps completely miss get erased post haste .....

Dont think ill be able to do this one . but ill try. 

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

I had the same issue with the 150 hits mission.  I would routinely get 146 hits in a stomp of the other team.  Then I would get 175 or higher hits where our team lost.  I haven't tried the 3 torp hit and win yet.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

I'll try the Yueyang or the  Gadja Maja for the torp hits. DWT torps for the win.  Module mission hits will be a CA. Belfast or Perth

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,636 battles

lol it took me 14 tries, but I've finally got 4 torp hits AND a win! 14 freakin' tries....

Members
9,976 posts
3 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

lol it took me 14 tries, but I've finally got 4 torp hits AND a win! 14 freakin' tries....

Pretty much why I quit worrying about these events.....unless it's a ship I really have to have....no thanks....

Members
3,797 posts
14,098 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I'll try the Yueyang or the  Gadja Maja for the torp hits. DWT torps for the win.  Module mission hits will be a CA. Belfast or Perth

Same here though Perth is pretty good for torps too.  Blyskawica is my primary candidate for torps.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Just now, awiggin said:

Pretty much why I quit worrying about these events.....unless it's a ship I really have to have....no thanks....

The best way to complete these missions is to simply play to win. If you complete a stage great but if you don't you still played to win.

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,408 battles

I feel like most "okay" games in a mid to high tier destroyer should yield 4+ torpedo hits.  Of course, you don't always win when you play well, but if you're a halfway decent destroyer captain it should come sooner or later.  If you don't play destroyers it's going to be harder...

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
3 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Same here though Perth is pretty good for torps too.  Blyskawica is my primary candidate for torps.

The last time I successfully get 4 hits, with a Perth , was an attack on a New York.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

I feel like most "okay" games in a mid to high tier destroyer should yield 4+ torpedo hits.  Of course, you don't always win when you play well, but if you're a halfway decent destroyer captain it should come sooner or later.  If you don't play destroyers it's going to be harder...

Problem with torpedos is a lot of your hits rely on your target being less than potent at maneuvering. Either that or preoccupied with another issue. I know I’ll get it eventually, but it’s a bitter feeling when you have a game you “should” have completed the mission and don’t.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,759 posts
4,574 battles

I got 9 hits when I finally snapped and switched my Ognevoi to triple tubes...the increased frequency of firing helps in hitting different targets and correcting aim...

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,408 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Problem with torpedos is a lot of your hits rely on your target being less than potent at maneuvering. Either that or preoccupied with another issue. I know I’ll get it eventually, but it’s a bitter feeling when you have a game you “should” have completed the mission and don’t.

Are you trying with your fletcher?  I looked and your torp hit rate is 8% compared to the server average of 6% so you know what you're doing and it'll come eventually.  But yeah, being a torpedo boat can be frustrating at times.  You can get multiple dev strikes in a game with them, or you can miss every shot.

I wonder if everyone would be happier if torpedoes were harder to avoid but did less damage, so the variability on them was turned down.

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,541 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The best way to complete these missions is to simply play to win. If you complete a stage great but if you don't you still played to win.

For those of us that don't play destroyers much, it still means dedicating games to trying this one, which is very frustrating if you don't get it. I get that Wargaming is trying to get players like me to play outside our comfort zone, and appreciate that I have the option to just skip a few missions. Everyone probably has one they get stuck on. Personally, since I primarily play Soviet Cruisers the 150 main battery hit and win was no problem; got that on my second try with 262 hits in my Shchors.

Since I have only missed one mission so far (not even sure which one or how), I may just take a pass on this one.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles
57 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Are you trying with your fletcher?  I looked and your torp hit rate is 8% compared to the server average of 6% so you know what you're doing and it'll come eventually.  But yeah, being a torpedo boat can be frustrating at times.  You can get multiple dev strikes in a game with them, or you can miss every shot.

I wonder if everyone would be happier if torpedoes were harder to avoid but did less damage, so the variability on them was turned down.

Had a rough game in the fletcher today,  won a gun duel only to get blapped by a Kurfurst firing at me from 17km away. With his front guns only. So I may go back and try another map in fletcher.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Would have been nice if it counted carriers, but then that would be too easy I guess. Either way, was a scumbag in the Kamikaze. Didn't get it right away, but yeah. Today I learned T-22s could be a pain in the butt with decent captains in it.  

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,759 posts
4,574 battles

The thing that pushed me to the last of my sanity was missing my entire torp load on a FDG at point-blank range in my quint Ognevoi...proof that rudder is OP. :Smile-angry:

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,334 battles

Update: Aigle Mission complete thanks to the Minekaze

shot-18_03.09_17_46.28-0138.thumb.jpg.8b4312d737f4ad27c8d0045cf4c11dfa.jpg

Also thanks to the enemy Konig for driving in a straight line. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

kami/minekaze is easy.   or if possible in cruiser,  yolo grafspee or roon/hindy  :D

[TF-64]
Members
376 posts
12,814 battles

If it helps, I'll be scumbaghing this weekend in my kami R. 

4 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Would have been nice if it counted carriers, but then that would be too easy I guess. Either way, was a scumbag in the Kamikaze. Didn't get it right away, but yeah. Today I learned T-22s could be a pain in the butt with decent captains in it.  

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

Got mine with my Gallant. Took 2 tries since my teammates wanted to be asshats and continuing to spam HE at the last enemy ship (which was a cv) while i was lining up a torp run at 3km. Second attempt, I paired up with an allied kamikaze and we just torped targets that were busy trying to evade the first set of torps.