You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Aigle is a premium? Stoopid me!

29 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Gosh... I was thinking it was like the rest of the French ships - you could win it but she was just a regular ship. Man that makes this ship almost priceless. I do hope you all secure her before the contest ends! Now... for her first missions. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles

She is a good ship and makes a pretty good DD trainer for the French DD line, whenever it gets released.

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,546 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Gosh... I was thinking it was like the rest of the French ships - you could win it but she was just a regular ship. Man that makes this ship almost priceless. I do hope you all secure her before the contest ends! Now... for her first missions. 

Not priceless really, just $23.35 USD ;-)

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/5648/

Screenshot 2018-03-09 12.15.36.png

Edited by DustRhino
Added screen capture
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,599 battles

1 task away.  If my darned PC power supply hadn't nuked itself, I would have finished the marathon and earned Aigle this morning.  :Smile_sad:

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,484 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

She is a good ship and makes a pretty good DD trainer for the French DD line, whenever it gets released.

It’s not a bad Cruiser captain trainer either since there’s a lot of overlap there.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Agree galspanic... loaded my top, 13pt cruiser cmdr into her, took her to her shakedown cruise in coop... nice little ship... tonight I can bring her out to some randoms.

I'm actually pleased with the ship. She's very competent although I'm not keen on her concealment... but fair trade indeed for how she handles. 

Again - i encourage everyone to keep pursuing her... She'll probably fall in between Kamikaze R and She-no-know-me in my fav dd's. 

All the best everyone. 

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,129 battles
41 minutes ago, galspanic said:

It’s not a bad Cruiser captain trainer either since there’s a lot of overlap there.

This is true.  If WG ever fixes the IFHE bug on Aigle, the commander will pair great with any cruiser setup.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

Capt French Fry really helps with the enhanced turret traverse.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,032 battles

If you use SE on the CO skills you have 19.1k HP. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Hey thanks for those comments... I missed LWM's article... thanks for the link...

I think when the line "flushes out" I might take one of my hi-point cmdrs and reskill them... but for now I'm not far off the "ideal" with one of my cruiser cap'ns... 

I think LWM summed up the Aigle nicely:

• Aigle: Big guns. Big fish. Big butt.
  • Most premium ships have a paywall. Some premium ships have a skill wall. Aigle has a patience wall.
  • Without the right commander skills, this is a terrible ship.

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,069 posts
4,353 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hey thanks for those comments... I missed LWM's article... thanks for the link...

I think when the line "flushes out" I might take one of my hi-point cmdrs and reskill them... but for now I'm not far off the "ideal" with one of my cruiser cap'ns... 

I think LWM summed up the Aigle nicely:

• Aigle: Big guns. Big fish. Big butt.
  • Most premium ships have a paywall. Some premium ships have a skill wall. Aigle has a patience wall.
  • Without the right commander skills, this is a terrible ship.

If you have to specc your officers just the right way to make it a passable ship, it's not a good ship.  I connected with all six torps on a bb below my tier, set three fires, and STILL did not manage a kill with it.  And radar autokills it no matter how much hp it has.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I play them a few times without any cmdr skills. I do not see cmdr skills as making it passable but accentuating the positives so as to offset programmed negatives. Her concealment is horrid, clearly. She does scoot with boost on though... and her guns are good. I've had good success with her torps. Sometimes, depending on the torp spread, you don't get full damage on the red ship. 

Strange though... sorry to hear you aren't liking her. 

Members
3,811 posts
14,127 battles

I just finished the Aigle marathon today and have tried her out in Co-Op. She's a lot like Blyskawica. My only complaint about her is the glacial turret rotation. WG, Aggie's turrets need a generous application of WD-40.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

It's probably a buff they could deliver without ruffling too many feathers... 

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
924 posts
5,963 battles

Yeah, it needs a slightly better turning radius and slightly faster turrets....still wouldn't be OP. You can't dodge anything, everyone knows it's fast so they aim further ahead.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

aigal is basically a leninglad at t6,  mostly gun boat with usable torps that steers like khaba.  I did  a mini grind using my HIV captain and frankly, it is pretty dang strong for t6DD. 

only 10 matches, and one of them was first match derp where I only did 6k  or so.    my captain isn''t optimized as it can use BFT for extra power .  

Aigle 6 DD France 10 50.00% 45,125 1,381 3.0 1.2 0.1 60% 32% 4% 1,513

pretty enjoyable bote with decent earning.    no complaint. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,378 battles

It feels like a Russian DD except without the goodness of the shell travel speed.  Seems pretty mediocre to me.  Fortunately I got it for free so I'm pretty happy about that.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I play it like   heavy duty light cruiser and it works fine for that.   45k  average dmg out of t6 DD isn't that bad.    the gun does take some practice to figure out the arc, but once you do that, it is fine.  better than atlanta and similar range to atlanta with aft. 

Members
117 posts
6,784 battles
7 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

It feels like a Russian DD except without the goodness of the shell travel speed.  Seems pretty mediocre to me.  Fortunately I got it for free so I'm pretty happy about that.

Yeah, the shells are pretty floaty once you get past, say 7k.  I'm having to aim further ahead at long ranges than on most other DDs, almost as far ahead as I would in, say, a Fletcher or Benson.  That said, it helps that I've had time in Russian DDs, I think.....

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,868 battles

Yeah I played this like a Russian DD and the damage with HE mounts up due to her insane HE start chance.

A good gunboat all around that has a jack of all trades about it, but with the speed boost. Take SE for a mini flame thrower!

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles

IMO this ship could receive:

-Buff to her turret traverse

-Less floaty arc. Well I think I'm used to it now so it's not as bad as before but good luck hitting a target at 12km with this ship.

-Velocity. This is the only ship in which I managed to miss a salva against a DD at 3km away. 3KM !! Some shell past over the ship and the other landed behind the ship. If shell were little more faster it wouldn't be game breaking. 

-The T10 Speed boost duration with the Engine module to be a Khaba for nearly 5 min :trollface: 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Perhaps they will review her future stats and deliver a buff just before they release other French dds? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
3 minutes ago, RuzSkullen said:

Just got this today, really loving it

Congrats! She is a fun little boat. As others have suggested, you know her weaknesses so pay attention to them; otherwise go sink some reds!