Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FierceNemesis

Real battles

5 comments in this topic

[BALOR]
Members
31 posts
4,864 battles

Staging real battles as they occurred would add a whole new dimension to World of Warships. Start with the beginning, say Leyte, let players like clans or set up individual play in random battle, list the ships, players pick and they replay the battle, soft of a "what if" scenario. There are a lot of famous battles like Jutland, Mariana's, Midway, search for the Bismarck and so on that would be excellent for the game.

Members
9,975 posts
16 minutes ago, FierceNemesis said:

Staging real battles as they occurred would add a whole new dimension to World of Warships. Start with the beginning, say Leyte, let players like clans or set up individual play in random battle, list the ships, players pick and they replay the battle, soft of a "what if" scenario. There are a lot of famous battles like Jutland, Mariana's, Midway, search for the Bismarck and so on that would be excellent for the game.

??

Not sure how you think this would work and since this is an arcade game and not a sim, I'd say the closest the game will ever get is scenarios...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,411 posts
9,576 battles

A little sarcasm on the battle off Samar:

Japanese Team:  Sail for 20 hours under constant battle stations with occasional devastating air attacks.  Show up tired, beaten up, and confused.

American Team:  Computer pops on and you wake up after the battle starts.  Hurry to put out fires, find out who the hell is shooting, and run/dodge shells like crazy to find your battle station.

Let the battle begin...

'Oh crap...  it's  the Yamato and Shimakaze !!!'  And we are in a Bogue.'

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,927 battles
1 hour ago, FierceNemesis said:

real battles as they occurred would add a whole new dimension

Unfortunately this was tried in WoT and even though they have a much bigger player base it just did not work and I can not really see it working here either . As AVR said above it would be quite difficult to do as it happened in real life . I mean what Taffy 3 did in scaring off the Yamato and the rest of the IJN fleet with her just would not happen in this game .

:Smile_honoring:

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
179 posts
7,562 battles

Somewhere around 20 to 25 years ago, in the days of the Ancient Floppy Disc PC Gaming era there was a naval 'sim' where the user could choose from (I think it was 10) any of the IJN vs US sea battles and Command the Task Force of either side as a "what-if"... What I learned about Naval Strategy & Battle Tactics in the Philippine Sea was this...IF the US fleet had been under my command, Adm. Ozawa & the IJN would have been victorious. After many attempts and an equal number of defeats I found solace in playing the IJN where I was supposed to lose AND DID many times again.

Never did beat that game & the historically accurate set-up....tired of it quickly and waited this many years for another Naval Battle Game to equal that one...Graphics and processors have come a long way in a quarter century and what WOWs lacks in ACTUAL Historical Confrontations it more than makes up for in battles everyone can have fun playing.

“The problem with society is nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.”

Sign in to follow this