Sign in to follow this  
IBM

might have put this in the wrong Topic "support needed"

2 comments in this topic

Members
85 posts
7,872 battles

I am told this is from packet loss.

Last night last battle of clan battles we had won every match till the last.

few minutes into the match my guns wouldn't go into telescope aim view so couldn't aim my guns.

Then had a perfect shot on a radar'd DD with torps, the dd was hiding from shells from my team while taking a cap.

There radar ship just used his radar and was on CD i was above the dd and it was exposed to me and didn't know i was there.

I try my torps and the aiming marker doesn't light for torps so i just use my cursor.

The torps i shoot don't come out the side im looking and shooting from they come out the other side towards my team.

they get the cap the match and a win streak for the whole night was over.

Some of my team tell me it's a known issue  but that doesn't seem right because its such a major issue.

I was in the gearing I know we were in the last group before moving into next league and will have a shot at it next CB night but what if this happens again?

I will be benched because your game isn't working correctly, If this is a known issue and is happening to others could you please make it a priority.

it also happened on another ship while i was in the hermes mission it didn't matter and I thought it was just that mission.

now its in clan battles and is wrecking mine and others games.

Edited by IBM

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,721 battles
46 minutes ago, IBM said:

I am told this is from packet loss.

Last night last battle of clan battles we had won every match till the last.

few minutes into the match my guns wouldn't go into telescope aim view so couldn't aim my guns.

Then had a perfect shot on a radar'd DD with torps, the dd was hiding from shells from my team while taking a cap.

There radar ship just used his radar and was on CD i was above the dd and it was exposed to me and didn't know i was there.

I try my torps and the aiming marker doesn't light for torps so i just use my cursor.

The torps i shoot don't come out the side im looking and shooting from they come out the other side towards my team.

they get the cap the match and a win streak for the whole night was over.

Some of my team tell me it's a known issue  but that doesn't seem right because its such a major issue.

I was in the gearing I know we were in the last group before moving into next league and will have a shot at it next CB night but what if this happens again?

I will be benched because your game isn't working correctly, If this is a known issue and is happening to others could you please make it a priority.

it also happened on another ship while i was in the hermes mission it didn't matter and I thought it was just that mission.

now its in clan battles and is wrecking mine and others games.

A couple of things you can try (in order of degree of degree of invasiveness) to clear your problem - these may or may not be effective depending on the exact nature of the problem you hit:

• Hit Esc as if you ar going to leave the game, then return to the game.  Sometimes, this clears keyboard or packet loss sync issues and your key may start working again.
  • In your example the Torp indicator is the "3" key for a DD - try cycling the other targeting options for HE & AP to reset the "3" key - if the HE/AP targeting reticules seem to work, try the "3" option again & check if the torp reticule has returned to normal.
  • Restart the client - this is not usually possible in a format like Clan Battles, but the problem is temporary and the restart should clear it.

There is also another not uncommon problem that you may not have encountered, but will find critical if you do in a competition like Clan Battles.  There are instances where, if you are using consummables and the packet loss occurs, the game may think you are using a consummable, but you aren't healing as intended.  Have not found a workaround for that one - you'll be hammering the consummable key but nothing will activate.

Edited by hangglide42

Sign in to follow this