You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadatron

Bretagne Bugged?

8 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Is the Bretagne bugged? I've played 25 battles in the past 2 days (my shame) and I've had 6 or 7 Bretagne AFKers during that time, including a double whammy a couple games ago. Last game another AFK Bretagne,! So, I'm wondering if the ship is busted and booting people out of the game, or the ship is so horrifyingly bad that people are dying in the chair while playing. Either way, seems like a disturbing trend that someone, like TOP men kinda high up, should look into. 

Think of the children.

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Just a crappy ship, what free exp is for.  People are so nauseated to have to grind, that they are fainting at the keyboard - thus the additional AFKs you are seeing...  in all honesty a very weak tier 5, got so tired after only a few games and used free exp to get to Normandie ( which was more competitive in it’s tier).

• Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

I kinda liked the Bretagne. Those who left her helm at the beginning of the battle are missing out.

That doesn't explain the AFK thou thinking-face_1f914.png

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
5 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I kinda liked the Bretagne. Those who left her helm at the beginning of the battle are missing out.

That doesn't explain the AFK thou thinking-face_1f914.png

I started there after getting it in a container.  I like it as well.  I tend to do well in it too, but of course I did start fully upgraded.

[NUWES]
Members
1,675 posts
5,611 battles
56 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Just a crappy ship, what free exp is for.  People are so nauseated to have to grind, that they are fainting at the keyboard - thus the additional AFKs you are seeing...  in all honesty a very weak tier 5, got so tired after only a few games and used free exp to get to Normandie ( which was more competitive in it’s tier).

It's not a crappy ship. It's just an uninteresting one. It doesn't do anything that the others on that tier don't already do. Most dreadnoughts of the era were built with the same basic layout and she is no different. She then adds a smaller-than-average gun caliber and weaker-than-average armor into the mix. She's definitely not the best example of her type, but she isn't horrible. 

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
56 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

I can't disagree with you more.  The Bretagne is an awesome ship, I have a 60k average damage on mine currently and a 78% win rate.  Sure only 9 games but still only my Giulio Cesare and ARP Kongo even come close and the GC is considered rather OP and the best T5 ship in the game currently. 

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles
6 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

I can't disagree with you more.  The Bretagne is an awesome ship, I have a 60k average damage on mine currently and a 78% win rate.  Sure only 9 games but still only my Giulio Cesare and ARP Kongo even come close and the GC is considered rather OP and the best T5 ship in the game currently. 

Every ship in the game has detractors and supporters.  I think that the Bret is the worst tier 5 BB, with wonky guns, meh armor and speed of a sloth ( though not inconsistent with othe BBs of the era).  I think it is a very painful ship when tiered up.    Glad you are enjoying and have had a positive experience, for me I have a lot of really enjoyable tier 5 BBs (GC, Kongo, Texas, OKR), why waste my time on this when every other tier 5 BB is better?

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,033 battles

It's a crappy ship. I hated it and couldn't wait to sell her.

Takes forever to get to full speed or even half speed. Those damn guns are so frustrating to align so that you can shoot them unless of course you are shooting broadside the entire game (wont last long doing that).

Normandy is so much better but Lyon is awesome.