You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

The Berlin Buick - How you feel about it?

9 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,657 posts
9,053 battles

One word. SVEEEEET!

[SAA]
Members
859 posts
27,305 battles

I bet it's hot and uncomfortable to drive.  The engine will vibe all your dental fillings right out of your head.

Like the work done on it, and it is a beauty, but man that's just loud!

Members
821 posts
3,891 battles

Pretty sure I saw that Rob dude at a truck stop I ran about 10-12 years ago, pulling a barn found 66 GTO on a trailer.

Now this VW Buick is just a plain stupid display of too much wasted money. An engine in the driver's compartment? LOL . I would say the DMV should not allow it on the road -unsafe- no fire wall

Edited by Strachwitz666

Members
1,102 posts
6,216 battles

I think it wouldn't take long for it to get toasty warm inside that VW-Buick with the engine in the back seat.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

Reminds me of the V-8 Corvair conversions.  Mid-engine sounded cool, but if you tried to get in one you'd find no room for a driver with legs. 

Also. my Crown Vic would look good with 20 coats of rubbed lacquer.  I do like the color scheme, though.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well the concept sure is a "young kid's dream" for sure... and I agree with most of the less than favorable comments... and the lack of a firewall? First thing that caught my eye... yea, injected fuel system under pressure ruptures... all it takes is the fumes to ignite and it's a BBQ BB VW... 

Speaking of Corvairs... my next door neighbor's dad owned one of the very early supercharged Corvairs... a lot of folks liked those early Corvairs. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

As did my (unrelated) Aunt Cil.  She liked it a lot.

When I was working SCCA tracks (80s), a guy named Joe would show up at every regional event in a Corvair and make a good showing.  Turns out his farm was very close to the University.  What was he farming?  Corvairs.  He wasn't sure, but he thought he had about 700.  All sorts of permutations, some of which would be quite collectible now, including the pickup trucks.  He was proud of his latest acquisition -- a tethered helicopter trainer powered by a Corvair engine.  (Flat four, for those unfamiliar.)

I was half considering a V8 conversion so stopped by to check them out and visited now and then. Nice guy.  I heard he died, and his farm and cars are gone now.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF3]
Members
6,461 posts
2,405 battles

Looking at the vid.  This is a very nice custom, however impractical.  Love the exhaust ports.  Stretched chassis?  (Apparently not.) 

Suicide doors!!  Buick dash wrapped into the doors.  Looks like there's quite a bit of leg room.

Very nice headlight Frenching. 

Edited by iDuckman