Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Alsace's maximum main battery be restored to 25K

60 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles

For God sake, return Alsace's max range to 25.3K like it was on the PTS. Grrrrr!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Alsace is a ship and like all ships in this game it can move.

Use the button "w" and "s" to control this function.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles

Make it 25km so you can have more people camping on the 1 and 10 lines?

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles

Then make all BB's max range 20K. Period! sick and tried of being hit and can't answer back while they laugh about it. I cannot close the distance with CLs and DDs between us.  They would not be laughing so hard if every tier 9-10 max range was set at 20K by WG. 

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-BSS-]
Members
395 posts
6,270 battles

The range does feel low, however I think the ship is not designed to be a sniper, and concealment should allow for closing distance, that said, I do think it is important to use islands to block portions of the map where your not likely to be able to engage however the enemy may be able to engage you, once you start firing and become perma spotted.

This ship requires a lot of map awareness but it is also able to move fairly well with speed boost, and the 2 forward guns make shooting while changing position fairly easy 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
30 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

sick and tried of being hit and can't answer back while they laugh about it.

So drive one of those longer ranged ships. Problem solved.

Alsace is fine with its current range. It doesn't matter what other ship's ranges are, if Alsace performs well at its tier, then it doesn't need a buff. Just wait and see where her performance settles once the newness has worn off.

• Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
25,792 posts
11,092 battles

is this trolling? 

[CUTER]
Members
699 posts
19,015 battles

Alsace is strong already.  When I am averaging more damage in it per a battle than most of my tier 10s it says something.

No need for range increase.

Edited by Slick_Komodo

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
2 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Then make all BB's max range 20K. Period! sick and tried of being hit and can't answer back while they laugh about it. I cannot close the distance with CLs and DDs between us.  They would not be laughing so hard if every tier 9-10 max range was set at 20K by WG. 

The game already is compromising historical accuracy by making range as low as it is. What you might consider an annoying strategy is simply how some myself included play the game because that's what makes sense to us. Nothing wrong with sniping. 

Members
1,147 posts
4,259 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

No if anything all ships should have 20km range cap without spotter plane to discourage capping in the back and sniping 

I'd say cap at 21km, that extra km makes a huge difference

although I wouldn't ask for such a cap. Range is fine the way it is.

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,320 posts
6,603 battles

There is a solution: Gun Fire Control System Modification 2

If you are that desperate to snipe, go ahead.

Members
1,147 posts
4,259 battles
19 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Guys like being hit at and unable to answer,  You into SM?

If we're talking IX and X then unless these BBs are sitting at their max range of 23-26km I can still hit them in my cruisers. All it takes is range mod to be able to fight reliably at 18-21km. 

And lets be serious, cruisers are much more dangerous at those engagement ranges than BBs. The shell flight time of 16mm-18mm guns and their reload speed make kiting and dodging easier. Whereas cruisers have the DPM and accuracy to overcome that. Besides

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,057 battles
4 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

For God sake, return Alsace's max range to 25.3K like it was on the PTS. Grrrrr!

I notice that all you do in the forum is complain a lot 

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,735 battles
3 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Perhaps you've been having an incorrect build, being permanently spotted early game makes a pinata out of any ship, not just the Alsace. Coupled with Alsace's particular vulnerability toward long-range HE spam and AP penetration I can see where your frustration come from. Even if your gun range is restored to 25km, I doubt you can mount an effective counter-offensive because of Alsace's poor dispersion and low gun caliber.

Try to use the concealment module, Concealment expert skill, and camouflage, this will bring your concealment to a very respectable 12.4 km, that almost the best in her class at this tier. This will allow you to flank and conceal yourself between salvos while avoiding focus fire.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Yes! I'll be able to shoot back at things 20km away and needlessly waste shells because I don't expect to actually hit anything and do damage at that range!

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles

nothing wrong with my build. It's a secondary build works fine. ....oh wait the WG wants me to take a survey. back in 10 mins. Told them short comings of the Alsace. Gents I run a secondary build Alsace. I like pushing in assisting the CL and DD. I'm not your garden variety that camps in the rear snipping farming xp. If there a camping BB beyond 20K shooting me I want the chance to fire back while supporting my team.  How am I wrong about this? I could be a potato and camp in my Montana or Richelieu sniping all day long.  

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

The ships broken enough as it is, for the love of god wargaming dont buff the Alsace

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,660 battles
15 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Like we need more incentive for ships to hang out in back in high tier.

I'm fine with its range.  The only time I am ever engaging from max range is opening salvoes of the game anyway.

Members
1,542 posts
8,187 battles

Hey 

Try running the Germans where range is under 21 on the FDG, and the Bismarck/Tirpitz, not to mention they get hammered by [edited] dispersion even at upper tiers.  In today's meta, they could use a buff to be comparable, especially in dispersion.  Even the armor works against you at long range, and your secondaries still don't work until you get to less than 11km, and there is weak AA compared to Americans, weak torpedo armor.

Pete

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles

I found that the Alsace and Republique do not benefit from IFHE. I hosted training room 5 separate times with G. Kurfurst against my Republique. He died every time. I averaged 15-17 fires to his 10-15 fires. One mission my secondaries got 1,000 hits. Aterwards I host another training mission using Cascogne against Tirpitz same out come I won 3-0.  Below build on Jean-Jacques Honore and ship modules used. 

Last Captain is Eugene Dupont and he has IFHE.  Yes you do more raw damage but not so more on the fires. It's a waste of points towards IFHE.  I wasted 500 doubloons too. Going to move those 4 points back to MFC AA. Captain Dupont is assigned to the Alsace. 

shot-18.03.09_22.56.12-0140.jpg

shot-18.03.09_22.56.25-0332.jpg

shot-18.03.09_22.59.41-0183.jpg

shot-18.03.09_23.00.29-0529.jpg

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Tier IX is such a bastard tier.  Every way the ships are gimped and improved from the one on either side of it.  I liked Richelieu better than alsauce

Members
1,542 posts
8,187 battles
7 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Tier IX is such a bastard tier.  Every way the ships are gimped and improved from the one on either side of it.  I liked Richelieu better than alsauce

Hey

I would have to agree.  Same goes for the German line:  Bismarck>FDG<GK, I think they all are this way, everyone thinks T9 should be a big improvement over the prior T8 ship; but then maybe that's on crappy so you will be happy with the final T10.  Motivation to keep you going.

Pete

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Frederick's armor is twisty in a way others aren't.  It's actually easier to cit a Kurfurst than a Frederick.  I'm just excited to get Kurfurst because I already like Frederick.  I think I'll like France too.

Worst tier IX so far, for me, is Ibuki.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this