You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

French ship containers

9 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,300 battles

I have the Bretagne and Normandie.  How do I win more containers to get the Lyon and Richilieu?  I cant remember if I got them from a challenge, mission or campaign.  The event ends on the 16th so I don't have a lot of time.  I don't want to grind 72,500 XP in Normandie to upgrade to Lyon.  Ughhhhh

Icy

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,552 battles

french containers had them. not sure if they still do though, since the line got its ful release

Members
303 posts
4,507 battles

Last night I played the Algerie in Operation Hermes, five-starred it and three French crates were part of the rewards.  Included in two were the Bretagne and Normandie missions, which I am now working on.  I had gotten no BB missions at all in the 25 crates from the Vive La France pt 1 and 2.

[RLGN]
Members
8,260 posts
17,271 battles

I read that they are available, but also that they can be rare.

Apparently ymmv.

I had two from the original missions before the campaign, none since. Others have had none at all.

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,803 battles

They are still in French containers. Got the Lyon missions last night. Still doing the campaign so getting containers from there. 

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,731 posts
2,617 battles

I also got the Normandie mission yesterday so grind that Gold of France campaign. It helps if you have a French BB and a CA to get it over with and get more containers.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,974 battles

They still come in the french crates. The drop chance is pretty low, though.

I got the Lyon mission yesterday. Only problem is I'm at the Alsace already. Oh, well. I liked the Lyon, so I'll keep her.

Alternately, you can buy some french crates...

[TDG]
Members
1,190 posts
5,998 battles

I just got the Richelieu mission in the last set of French crates I received for completing the Gold of France campaign.

This makes three of the BB missions (still missing Lyon) from the crates I received for the missions Part 1 and Part 2, the campaign, and the extra missions that were unlocked by buying Aigle.  (I think I bought 10 of the Premium French crates which dropped one of the BB missions.)

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,300 battles

Thanks everyone.  I remember now that I got them from the scenario, Stars 1 and 2.  But once you win those stars you cannot repeat.  So no chance to get more crates.  Another WoWs episode poorly planned. 

Even with the French 7-8 BB, the rewards are minimal for all the work involved.