Sign in to follow this  
Astartes_Librarius

Game causing my colors (Gamma?) to go darker

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,247 battles

So I've noticed for the past month or so that when I play World of Warships my colors all get darker, and this effect lasts until I reboot my computer. I was wondering if anyone else was noticing/having this happen to them as well, and if there was a fix known for it aside from the aforementioned reboot. And by darker it's not insignificant, either. The dark blue of the forum header for example becomes indistinguishable from the black of the Wargaming bar at the top of the page. For reference my specs are as follows-
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20Ghz
8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB with most recent drivers from nVidia
2TB Hitachi HDD

My current monitor is a Vizio M221NV 21" LED TV but the same thing happens on the other two monitors I've used.
Game settings are as follows-
image.thumb.png.1f968409852452f10b7791237d791580.png

So. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Beta Testers
25 posts
2,034 battles

Had same problem in windows 10. I fixed it by turning off "Windows auto adjusting dysplay lighting" in display settings. It's Windows adjusting screen brightness by sensing your room lighting. Turn it off, fixed it for me.

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,247 battles

Don't have that setting under display, and the setting under advanced power settings/display has been off since I set up my power profile whenever I upgraded to Windows 10.

[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
3 hours ago, Astartes_Librarius said:

So I've noticed for the past month or so that when I play World of Warships my colors all get darker, and this effect lasts until I reboot my computer. I was wondering if anyone else was noticing/having this happen to them as well, and if there was a fix known for it aside from the aforementioned reboot. And by darker it's not insignificant, either. The dark blue of the forum header for example becomes indistinguishable from the black of the Wargaming bar at the top of the page. For reference my specs are as follows-
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20Ghz
8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB with most recent drivers from nVidia
2TB Hitachi HDD

My current monitor is a Vizio M221NV 21" LED TV but the same thing happens on the other two monitors I've used.
Game settings are as follows-
image.thumb.png.1f968409852452f10b7791237d791580.png

So. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Read thru this,looks like a very similar issue  : https://steamcommunity.com/app/541670/discussions/0/2592234299536578855/

answer (maybe) to your problem at bottom of 1st and on 2nd page.

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
25 posts
2,034 battles

It's the "change brightness automatically when lighting changes" box that I un-checked that fixed it for me.

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,247 battles

Read thru this,looks like a very similar issue  : https://steamcommunity.com/app/541670/discussions/0/2592234299536578855/

answer (maybe) to your problem at bottom of 1st and on 2nd page.

Thanks for the link, @VonSmallHausenn. I'll look into this more in-depth tomorrow when I play WoWS again, but I'll keep this updated.

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,247 battles

So. After doing the thing mentioned with going to the nVidia control panel and changing the display settings to use nVidia's settings rather than the application settings, it appears to be fixed. Thanks again for the help @VonSmallHausenn.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this