You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kombat_W0MBAT

PSA: KM DDs have hydro (old news is old)

31 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

I can't tell you how many times I charge a (insert smoke camper here) in my Z-52 and a watch all-chat explode with bewilderment or rage. 

"Z-52 has radar?" 

While I've been on the giving end of the hydro exchange, I've also watched in horror as my allied Gearing sits broadside in smoke whilst a Z-52 proceeds to wreck him for 5-6k every salvo. The obliviousness in this game is truly profound. 

Sadly, all the people that would benefit from this little nugget of info will never see it. So, let's just call this post what it is... a rant. 

@Ducky_shot "PSA" added just for you. 

• Funny 2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,124 posts
6,794 battles

Thank you,. i try to torp them with my Yueyang and it doesnt work can you fix that too??

• Funny 2

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

WG puts new ships into the game, some people spend hours analyzing every aspect and every piece of info they can find about the new addition. Others, especially those who don't play often, don't do that. Let's also keep in mind that most of those who play, never even visit the forums. Is it really surprising that large numbers of players wouldn't know the capabilities of ships they don't have?

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
380 posts
6,202 battles

Yes, it's amazing how many people don't know some important things about the game even when they are in mid to high tiers.

Was in a game the other day where someone didn't know about the Belfast.

That being said, there are a ton of ships in the game and it's not always easy even for me to remember all their different quirks.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,047 posts
10,486 battles

@Kombat_W0MBAT I am up to the Z-46 and am wondering which ammo type you use in your Z-52 to fire at broadside DD"s in cap that you spot?  While HE will break modules and start fires, do you use AP for fat DD's like the Gearing and Khabarovsk?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,979 posts
7,530 battles
Just now, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

WG puts new ships into the game, some people spend hours analyzing every aspect and every piece of info they can find about the new addition. Others, especially those who don't play often, don't do that. Let's also keep in mind that most of those who play, never even visit the forums. Is it really surprising that large numbers of players wouldn't know the capabilities of ships they don't have?

This. I've been called a hacker for hydroing a DD in smoke with Bis and wrecking it. Also been called one because Nelson is a Zombiebote.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

@Kombat_W0MBAT I am up to the Z-46 and am wondering which ammo type you use in your Z-52 to fire at broadside DD"s in cap that you spot?  While HE will break modules and start fires, do you use AP for fat DD's like the Gearing and Khabarovsk?

AP for any broadside DD that isn't IJN. You'll just overpen those. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,263 battles
16 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Awww, thanks!! It's nice to know my self- incriminating, ironic, hopefully laugh-inducing post was noticed

Members
13 posts
16 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I can't tell you how many times I charge a (insert smoke camper here) in my Z-52 and a watch all-chat explode with bewilderment or rage. 

"Z-52 has radar?"

And they forget it can last a very, very long time.

[R-F]
Members
781 posts
6,408 battles

It took me a few thousand battles to really remember all the finer points of who's got radar (Chapayyev does, Kutuzov doesn't. Belfast does, Fiji doesn't, Edinburgh probably doesn't but could), who's got Hydro (Bismark does, Tirpitz doesn't), etc.  It's a lot to keep track of and it requires a mind that's obsessively interested in all the details.  Not everybody feels that way... some people just want to hop into a ship and shoot some things.

With that said, I detest the kind of person that, upon encountering something they didn't know was possible, goes with "you're cheating" instead of "there's a game mechanic I don't know about".

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,589 battles
16 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

AP for everything if it's not bouncing for my 46 and 52.

Don't mount the fire control upgrade on the 46 and abuse the bloom mechanics.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
8 minutes ago, EmptyWallet said:

And they forget it can last a very, very long time.

Yep. Nearly two and a half minutes if you have the hydro module mounted. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
22 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

AP for any broadside DD that isn't IJN. You'll just overpen those. 

at least until they change AP  pen.   i know they are changing for BB, but not sure it will be blanket  or caliber based. 

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Yep. Nearly two and a half minutes if you have the hydro module mounted. 

yeah, that's just ridiculous. Biggest mistake WG made was giving ships both the means to generate smoke AND then see thru it with hydro/radar ... in the same ship. They eventually figured this out with the Belfast, then did it again with German DDs.

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

[C-HAG]
Members
483 posts
7,698 battles

That’s why Z52 is called a noob killer, because 90% time you can only catch people who don’t know how to play against you

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

It's pretty sickening that higher tiers are filled with Scrubs.

I dare say more than low tiers. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,684 battles
12 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

It's pretty sickening that higher tiers are filled with Scrubs.

I dare say more than low tiers. :Smile_sad:

That's because if I grind my way to the top, I'll always be top tier!!! Then I can really wreck those other people who keep calling me noob!  Oh wait, why did my ship just explode?!?

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,802 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's AP is pure magic on broadside DD's. The most damage I can do in a single salvo is about 5,600 ish with AP on another DD. Coupled with a lowish RoF you can be a nightmare.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

"Z-52 has radar?" 

While I've been on the giving end of the hydro exchange, I've also watched in horror as my allied Gearing sits broadside in smoke whilst a Z-52 proceeds to wreck him for 5-6k every salvo. The obliviousness in this game is truly profound. 

Sadly, all the people that would benefit from this little nugget of info will never see it. So, let's just call this post what it is... a rant. 

Additional PSA: Lol Yang also has hydro.

Additional additional PSA: Pan Asian DDs have radar starting at T8

Additional additional additional PSA: the Black has radar.

:cap_haloween:

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
4 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Additional PSA: Lol Yang also has hydro.

Additional additional PSA: Pan Asian DDs have radar starting at T8

Additional additional additional PSA: the Black has radar.

:cap_haloween:

Careful now... some brains might not be able to handle the influx of information. 

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

Dang I forgot it had Hydro:Smile_facepalm:

I need to take it out more often:Smile_facepalm:

[SF-A]
Members
2,897 posts
5,717 battles

Have to love abusing KM hydro and owning a cap. Even more fun if you're divved with... lets see,

• US Cruisers (radar!)
  • RU Cruisers (radar!)
  • UK Cruisers (radar/cap bullies!)
  • US DDs (cap bullies!)
  • PA DDs (cap bullies/radar!)

No seriously it's disgusting, (yet fun). Try it sometime!

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
12 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Careful now... some brains might not be able to handle the influx of information. 

That's a risk I'm willing to take. If the cops are looking for a suspect in a case for spontaneous head explosions while reading WoWs forums then I'm happy to be on the list of suspects. 

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Have to love abusing KM hydro and owning a cap. Even more fun if you're divved with... lets see,

• US Cruisers (radar!)
  • RU Cruisers (radar!)
  • UK Cruisers (radar/cap bullies!)
  • US DDs (cap bullies!)
  • PA DDs (cap bullies/radar!)

No seriously it's disgusting, (yet fun). Try it sometime!

Don't forget Zao. You spot and smoke, it flattens any DDs you spot.

• Cool 1