You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

SPOT THE SHIP

7 comments in this topic

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles
8 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

+1

You got the plaque I take it.

No, actually. I just looked at the superstructure. I just decided to guess Spee because she was the most famous out of the three Deutschlands. I mostly try to figure out the ship class and try to get lucky with the specific ship because I'm not that good with specific histories.

• Cool 2

Members
3,564 posts
6,905 battles
17 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

No, actually. I just looked at the superstructure. I just decided to guess Spee because she was the most famous out of the three Deutschlands. I mostly try to figure out the ship class and try to get lucky with the specific ship because I'm not that good with specific histories.

The plaque is hard to make out in game, but Coronel is the famous WWI German naval victory which took place in November 1914 off the coast of Chile near the city of Coronel. Admiral Spee engaged the British force under Cradock and sunk two armoured cruisers, the Good Hope and Monmouth. This galvanized the British to send a strong fleet to defeat Spee which they subsequently did in the Battle of the Falkland Islands in December.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/battles/coronel.htm

I'd give you +2 if I could spotting the superstructure alone--well done.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,603 battles

Admiral Graf Spee is the only answer possible. Deutschland/Lutzow never had it and Admiral Scheer's tower was replaced in an early war refit with a tubular mast similar to Deutschland.