You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

IFHE work for Belfast?

35 comments in this topic

Members
821 posts
6,190 battles

Does IFHE help the Belfast?

Somehow Flamu recommended in a video over a year ago.

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles

IFHE is best used on any ship with 6in (152-155 mm) guns that can shoot HE. Most 6in guns cannot penetrate 25mm armor without IFHE. With IFHE they can pen up to 32mm. THere is a lot of armor that 6in gun cruisers see with both 25mm and 32mm armor.

IFHE on Belfast?? YES!!!!!!

Edited by Ducky_shot

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,165 battles
10 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

Does IFHE help the Belfast?

Somehow Flamu recommended in a video over a year ago.

It works very well on mine

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

All 6" (152mm/155mm) gunned cruisers that can fire HE (other than German) *must* take IFHE. I proved empirically and experimentally DPS will, in all situations, be higher with IFHE than without.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles

Only German CA/CL don’t need it for their 150mm guns, nor do their 150mm DD guns.

So...     Yes.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Get IFHE for your Fiji...:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Dr_Dirt
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,872 battles

Yes IFHE works on the Belfast, oddly it doesn't help the Fiji all that much. 

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,864 battles

All ships benefit from IHFE. Even Yamato IFHE is a viable build. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[O7]
Members
595 posts
7,864 battles
1 minute ago, pyantoryng said:

...even the Fiji?

Fiji has HE firing secondaries. So IFHE helps. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
1 minute ago, Feminist said:

Fiji has HE firing secondaries. So IFHE helps. 

4 minutes ago, Feminist said:

What about Black Swan? :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[TURDS]
Members
600 posts
4,007 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Get IFHE for your Fiji...:Smile_teethhappy:

:cap_haloween:

1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

Yes IFHE works on the Belfast, oddly it doesn't help the Fiji all that much. 

I still recommend it for all Red Team Fiji's! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

yamato with IFHE flinging secondary.  dunno if I wanna get that close with a yamato. 

I experimented with IFHE on my two Frenchie BBs for the Hermes Scenario last weekend.  It kinda rocked when I swanked out my Richelieu Captain for a full secondary build plus IFHE.   Randoms ...hmmm.  Tough to justify when concealment is such a big part of the Randoms meta.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
Just now, Curly__san said:

:cap_haloween:

I still recommend it for all Red Team Fiji's! :Smile_trollface:

me too...green team not so much.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Ok my IFHE on Fiji was intended as a joke.  Please don't waste 4pts on it unless you really really wanna experiment with Fijis secondaries.    

[TURDS]
Members
600 posts
4,007 battles
24 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Ok my IFHE on Fiji was intended as a joke.  Please don't waste 4pts on it unless you really really wanna experiment with Fijis secondaries.    

I took it as such. My use of :Smile_trollface: should have been a given to imply my recommending it for "Red Team Fiji's" was also a joke. Spending four points for a skill that only affects a broadside of 4 x 4.5km ranged secondaries on a Fiji is not an investment I'd care to make as I wouldn't want to plan on spending much time in such proximity to enemy ships in so fragile a cruiser. My two cents?  I would rather spend those four points on SI and PT or PM for a Royal Navy Cruiser.

11 minutes a

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

I knew you knew it was a joke.  But I'd feel bad if some actually used 4pts on IFHE for their FIji.

[TURDS]
Members
600 posts
4,007 battles
10 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I have a 10 pointer on my Belfast, IFHE ir CE?

Again, IMHO, CE is a better bet as it at least improves your concealment which gives you a much better chance of breaking contact when your smoke isn't available.

Any RN cruiser finding itself spotted for long is in dire trouble.

Belfast is stupidly powerful once you get the hang of her.

Her firepower is meaningless when all you are doing is desperately trying to avoid incoming fire. A sunk Belfast has the same firepower as a sunk anything else = 0.

[O_O]
Members
4,437 posts
9,620 battles
17 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I have a 10 pointer on my Belfast, IFHE ir CE?

I will buck traditional thinking and suggest IFHE first.  Belfast has smoke to conceal herself.  IFHE ignites the damage potential of her HE, and you can do A LOT more damage (see what I did there?).  If you are firing your guns, CE doesn't do you any good, anyway...it's only a first approach/flee perk.  If I am detected as I move to a cap it is time to smoke up, anyway.  Watch your smoke timer and plan your retreat before it runs out.

Edited by desmo_2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,148 posts
6,836 battles
57 minutes ago, Feminist said:

I am so glad you posted this as I DIED laughing to this.

I'm going to assume everyone I see playing Yamato shooting HE is actually making a vid now.

Edited by enderland07

[ARGSY]
Members
6,456 posts
4,321 battles
8 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

I took it as such. My use of :Smile_trollface: should have been a given to imply my recommending it for "Red Team Fiji's" was also a joke. Spending four points for a skill that only affects a broadside of 4 x 4.5km ranged secondaries on a Fiji is not an investment I'd care to make as I wouldn't want to plan on spending much time in such proximity to enemy ships in so fragile a cruiser. My two cents?  I would rather spend those four points on SI and PT or PM for a Royal Navy Cruiser.

11 minutes a

I used the Fiji or possibly the Leander for (cumulative multiple battle) firestarter tasks in one of the events around Christmas 2017 because I literally had no other suitable ship, but I was well aware that it was situational, suicidal, and not conducive to good team play. I also think it was possibly a co-op  task. Someday when we are offered a free re-spec period and I have enough points on the captain I might try it out just for fun, but it would be just that and not for regular use. 

[TURDS]
Members
600 posts
4,007 battles

9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I will buck traditional thinking and suggest IFHE first.  Belfast has smoke to conceal herself.  IFHE ignites the damage potential of her HE, and you can do A LOT more damage (see what I did there?).  If you are firing your guns, CE doesn't do you any good, anyway...it's only a first approach/flee perk.  If I am detected as I move to a cap it is time to smoke up, anyway.

The logic is solid; if I had doubloons to fling about I'd be tempted to try a respec to IFHE over CE just to see for myself. Both ideas have some merit I'd warrant. It will come down to individual play style and choice. Higher lethality vs stealth.

Members
3,828 posts
14,189 battles

If you have Concealment mod on Belfast and your captain does not have CE, your detectability is about 9.7-9.8 which is about equal to Fiji's detectability. I have little difficulty when driving Fiji with that detectability so I think that going for IFHE first then CE would be doable on Belfast.

The choice is... 1 km reduction in detection range or more reliable damage output.