Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

Waiting for that Review

26 comments in this topic

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles

Just waiting for that Abruzzi review from LWM to drop... 

See the source image

• Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles

I'll give you guys a hint, it's not going to be good......

Members
46 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'll give you guys a hint, it's not going to be good......

Italian fanboys here we are not here for a good ship we are here because we are italian pizzaboos ir fanboys

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles
1 minute ago, admiral_beto said:

Italian fanboys here we are not here for a good ship we are here because we are italian pizzaboos ir fanboys

Then why do you guys care about the review coming or not? All you guys have to say is that you are waiting for it to be sold....

Edited by Ducky_shot

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles

Then why do you guys care about the review coming or not? All you guys have to say is that you are waiting for it to be sold....

Not to mention the outcry over Roma and her sigma..

• Funny 1

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles
3 minutes ago, admiral_beto said:

^^^^^

Usually when a review drops, the ship drops soon after.

Members
46 posts

Because its gonna be good info to use it the most efficient way

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles
1 minute ago, admiral_beto said:

Because its gonna be good info to use it the most efficient way

That's only assuming you play it like LWM and whoever helps her in her reviews.

2 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Then like I said, just say you are waiting for it to go on sale... Her OR review came months before the ship was released, so don't get your hopes too high :Smile_hiding:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,061 posts
9,401 battles

More Italians... the world is a brighter place!!  Vitorio Veneto!

• Cool 1

Members
2,423 posts
7,736 battles

Yeah, im looking foward for this review if Abruzzi is similar to Duca d'Aosta ill sure buy one. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
2 hours ago, pastore123 said:

^^^^^

You’re going to be waiting a while then.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles
2 hours ago, renegadestatuz said:

You’re going to be waiting a while then.

I'm sure it will be this month some time..

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am not a historian by any measure. I get most of my history from this forum.

This forum discusses fantasy ships in a fantasy game "Works as Intended"

LWM is renowned as the Premier Reviewer, her insight is valuable and spot on 99.9%.

The wait sometimes seems to be like watching grass grow. {Not the Cannabis Kind}

LWM is a volunteer and as such does more for the community than a paid Employee.

Her time is spent giving knowledge to those of us to lazy to find the details ourselves.

WG lends her the Ships free to study and play, with the intentions of her opinions being published.

The time between the receiving the ship and doing her research is short.

Then add in the time it takes to write a comprehensive summation on her observations.

The review drops often the same day or one day before as the ship itself.

I say WTG LWM you are Awesome.

• Cool 4

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,872 posts
4,757 battles

I'm not gonna lie, I hope this ship is not released as in...it's absolutely horrible looking stats wise.

It would be an amazing tier 6 though.

[VVV]
Members
2,427 posts

I ran into LWM driving an Abruzzi yesterday and she said the review would be "very soon."

I take that as a pretty bad sign since that means the current stats really are finalized and those stats look pretty terrible for a T7.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles
11 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'm not gonna lie, I hope this ship is not released as in...it's absolutely horrible looking stats wise.

I agree with placing it at tier 6. Nonetheless, I have no qualms buying it.

44 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

I ran into LWM driving an Abruzzi yesterday and she said the review would be "very soon."

I take that as a pretty bad sign since that means the current stats really are finalized and those stats look pretty terrible for a T7.

Figured it would be soon. But I honestly can’t wait to grab and it try it out. 

Members
46 posts
1 hour ago, pastore123 said:

I agree with placing it at tier 6. Nonetheless, I have no qualms buying it.

I ran into LWM driving an Abruzzi yesterday and she said the review would be "very soon."

Figured it would be soon. But I honestly can’t wait to grab and it try it out. 

well im also for the ship whatever state it comes. i have no problems playing an aosta, so ill have no problems playing an abruzzi, only thing that makes my minds lose my sleep its the probability that it becomes another t-61 delayed 3 months. (4th month now since it was announced in december). because i have dream problems whenever an italian ship its in supertest more so when it appears in a game so much that i have dreaming troubles till it appears in store and its docked in my port only then i can have a good sleep.

Edited by admiral_beto
typos and add extra info

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles
On 3/9/2018 at 9:29 PM, admiral_beto said:

well im also for the ship whatever state it comes. i have no problems playing an aosta, so ill have no problems playing an abruzzi, only thing that makes my minds lose my sleep its the probability that it becomes another t-61 delayed 3 months. (4th month now since it was announced in december). because i have dream problems whenever an italian ship its in supertest more so when it appears in a game so much that i have dreaming troubles till it appears in store and its docked in my port only then i can have a good sleep.

I hope it doesn't get postponed, but I don't think that's the case. As for the T-61, I am not as keen to buy it. I may depending on the stats and if I feel like having a premium KM dd. 

[HINON]
7,264 posts
2,029 battles

If the review is coming soon... Well, she hasn't changed in the game files, so if that means she's going to be released as is.

Well, I've said it before, I've no intention of buying her, in spite of the fact this is my favorite class of light cruiser. Given what WG has turned Abruzzi into, I'm honestly glad they chose her for a premium and not Giuseppe Garibaldi, even if the latter is far better premium material than the Duca degli Abruzzi.

Her shells have worse drag and Krupp despite being the same as those on d'Aosta.

The ship never even hit 35 knots on trials, yet she can make 35 knots in-game.

Her armor belt was arguably the best of any light cruiser ever built, a decapping scheme that gave an effective strength of a 150mm belt. In-game decapping isn't modelled, but unlike as they did with Roma WG has not compensated Abruzzi for this fact, so her armor belt is hardly better than just 100mm. At the very least they could just make it a solid 130mm belt.

The ship as it is now is about as close to Abruzzi as Mutsu is to Amagi.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
On 3/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, Dr_Venture said:

I'd pay T7 prices for it in T6,  I'm not buying it at all as a T7.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,848 posts
13,851 battles

The Italians have two really good Battleships in game. Not sure they know how to build a cruiser.  

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles
13 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

If the review is coming soon... Well, she hasn't changed in the game files, so if that means she's going to be released as is.

Well, I've said it before, I've no intention of buying her, in spite of the fact this is my favorite class of light cruiser. Given what WG has turned Abruzzi into, I'm honestly glad they chose her for a premium and not Giuseppe Garibaldi, even if the latter is far better premium material than the Duca degli Abruzzi.

Her shells have worse drag and Krupp despite being the same as those on d'Aosta.

The ship never even hit 35 knots on trials, yet she can make 35 knots in-game.

Her armor belt was arguably the best of any light cruiser ever built, a decapping scheme that gave an effective strength of a 150mm belt. In-game decapping isn't modelled, but unlike as they did with Roma WG has not compensated Abruzzi for this fact, so her armor belt is hardly better than just 100mm. At the very least they could just make it a solid 130mm belt.

The ship as it is now is about as close to Abruzzi as Mutsu is to Amagi.

You definitely made some solid points, especially about the decapping and the shells. My biggest problem with Italian ships so far has been the ammo variation and lack thereof. But I cannot skip out on it. It would be interesting to see if wg releases it and actually makes changes post release. 

[HINON]
7,264 posts
2,029 battles
20 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

The Italians have two really good Battleships in game. Not sure they know how to build a cruiser.  

It would help if WG tiered them properly and would compensate them for mechanics that aren't reflected in-game that were vital to how the ships performed...

7 hours ago, pastore123 said:

You definitely made some solid points, especially about the decapping and the shells. My biggest problem with Italian ships so far has been the ammo variation and lack thereof. But I cannot skip out on it. It would be interesting to see if wg releases it and actually makes changes post release. 

On the light cruisers, at the very least, the ammunition selection is mostly fine. Italian 152mm guns fired AP and HE (Palla and Granata Diropmente), although the HE was designed primarily for splinter damage, which hurts it in-game. It's the battleships where things get shaky as they fired two types of AP, rather than AP and HE.

Usually premiums don't get many changes post-release. Usually. I'd imagine, though, if she gets any changes, than they'll happen pre-release.

Sign in to follow this