Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

We need new achievements

22 comments in this topic

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles

I watch enough WoT videos and they get achievements for a pile more things than we do, it seems. I think we could do with a few more achievements in Warships and some that emphasize good team play. So here are a few of the ones I've heard talked about or thought would be a good idea:

"The Cycle" Kill 1 of each of the 4 ship types in a game. This would be a very rare achievement, solo warrior-esque. Definitely more doable in the lower tiers though.

"Defender" An achievement for a certain number of cap defense ribbons, say 10 or 15 or something like that.

"Tip of the Cap" 3 'Captured' or 'assisted in capture' ribbons in a single game.

"Eyes of the fleet" An achievement that is given for a certain amount of spotting damage. I would say this should be similar to High Caliber where its a percentage of the enemy teams total health rather than a set number, probably about 20% for this achievement

What are some other achievements that could be added to the game?

• Cool 3

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs? : Achieved X amount in potential damage. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles
1 minute ago, Yoshiblue said:

Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs? : Achieved X amount in potential damage. 

survival needed or not?

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles

I have always thought they needed a "Triple Strike" achievement for killing 3 ships in say 30 seconds. 

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

survival needed or not?

Make it two different achievements. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

we need carry harder for   highest XP  in the whole  match  but from losing team .

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

After Kraken Unleashed, a series of other "...Unleashed" corresponding to 6, 7, 8, etc. kills.  Bonus if tied to a series of monsters/demons/whatever of increasing heinousness.  Leviathan Unleashed, Cthuhlu Unleashed, etc.

I also think that the Koop Kraken should be a thing.  Doesn't have to award flags, or if so only one rather than ten.

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,892 battles

Id love to see some captain/ship achievements that stay with them only. You get these in WoT.

Otherwise a rework for clearsky for non cvs.

An award for bounces. Would be great for cruisers ie bounce 20 shots or something. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Id love to see some captain/ship achievements that stay with them only. You get these in WoT.

An award for bounces. Would be great for cruisers ie bounce 20 shots or something. 

Call it missed free throws. you get NOTHING but a stinking Medal in your profile. lol

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,144 battles

I like the idea of adding something new.  The current ones are a bit stale and aside from collecting them up and getting signals, its a bit ho-hum. 

When was the last time they added an achievement?  I know there are some for co-op, scenarios and specials (WoWs BD, etc) but what about for normal PVP?  Ive been playing for almost 2 years and can't think of a "new" one.  

B

Edited by bassmasta76

[TURDS]
Members
589 posts
3,972 battles
53 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

After Kraken Unleashed, a series of other "...Unleashed" corresponding to 6, 7, 8, etc. kills.  Bonus if tied to a series of monsters/demons/whatever of increasing heinousness.  Leviathan Unleashed, Cthuhlu Unleashed, etc.

I also think that the Koop Kraken should be a thing.  Doesn't have to award flags, or if so only one rather than ten.

Add the operations awards for Assistant and Natural Selection to co-op. maybe Random as well. I don't know if they modify XP or silver awarded, but that can be tweaked. 

36 minutes ago, _greifer said:

An award for bouncing shells? Lol. I would advocate for some totally ridiculous awards(badges?) to be handed out on April Fools Day & poss. all weekend, especially as this is also Easter weekend. 

A few ideas.

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog: Highest damage in a match, or X- number of matches.  I don't know if Monty Python would ask for royalties but just call it Killer Rabbit if that's easier. Esp. hilarious if this is a DD or CA/L.

Honey Badger: Most damage as a percentage of dealing ships HP.

Fluffy Bunny: Lowest damage in a match.

Mon canard est en Feu! My duck is on fire! -Takes most fire damage and dies by fire.

Pin Cushion: Takes the most hits numerically. Hits not damages.

Tough Guy: Takes the most damage. Survival not necessary. 

Leeroy Jenkins: Takes damage from over half of enemy team and survives or is last team member sunk.

Double Jenkins: As per a Leeroy Jenkins from above but on winning team and lowest hp remaining.

Edited by Curly__san

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,892 battles

I don't mind combined medals either. 

Example: Graf Spee medal.

Kill three enemy vessels by guns and a fourth with torpedoes. Only applies to cruisers. 

Those kind of medals would make things interesting. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,737 posts
8,313 battles

You know what would be great ? New achievement rewarding good usage of a ship.

Let's say : 

"Eyes of the fleet" : Keep ennemi ship spotted for X amount of time. ----> DD / CV scouting  already mentioned 

"Unpenetrable shield" : Receive X potential damage and survive --->  BB tanking

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[WOLF2]
Members
897 posts
7,289 battles

Not really achievements - more like "participation awards"

Tater Chip - awarded for the first killed within the first two minutes

Campfire - awarded to ships that don't venture 5km from their spawn.

Brave Sir Robin - awarded to ships that turn 180 degrees and flee when fired at - must take no damage

Cuddles - hits and rides the map border twice in a game

Gilligan - stuck on an island for more than five minutes

Poop Chute - given to players that run up the middle channel in Two Brothers - awarded after five tries

Hot Tamale - given to players that hit DC immediately upon a single fire, and is set aflame again within 25 seconds.

Swing and a Miss - given to players that miss torps within 1.5 km - first time/bronze, fifth time/silver, tenth time/gold

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Funny 1

[ARMDG]
Members
17 posts
1,872 battles

"Knight of Ecky-Ecky-Ptang-Zoo-Boing-Shur Ni" - failing to complete a base capture by moving out of the cap circle within 5 seconds of cap completion, or killing the last enemy ship while in a cap circle. 

Edited by Xebadir

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,600 battles

"Tip of the Spear" - finish the match #1 by experience when your team wins.  Add the requirement it has to be done with a bottom tier ship if you want it to be more difficult.

"Not enough carry" - finish #1 by experience when your team loses.  To add difficulty, modify it to require doubling the #2 player on your team, or even more difficult, top the #1 player on the winning team.

"Grand Slam" - sink one of each type of ship (DD, CL, BB, CV) in one game.  "Grand slam" is a hunting term used for a hunter that bags one of each species of North American turkey or one of each NA sheep.  It's also a 4-run home run in baseball, so with 4 ship types that also fits.

[BIAS]
Members
3,155 posts
9,283 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

"Grand Slam" - sink one of each type of ship (DD, CL, BB, CV) in one game.  "Grand slam" is a hunting term used for a hunter that bags one of each species of North American turkey or one of each NA sheep.  It's also a 4-run home run in baseball, so with 4 ship types that also fits.

You really read my OP, didn't you.... LOL

[ICOP]
Members
943 posts
3,446 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

"Tip of the Spear" - finish the match #1 by experience when your team wins.  Add the requirement it has to be done with a bottom tier ship if you want it to be more difficult.

"Not enough carry" - finish #1 by experience when your team loses.  To add difficulty, modify it to require doubling the #2 player on your team, or even more difficult, top the #1 player on the winning team.

As for Grand Slam, the better Baseball quote would be 'Hitting for the Cycle' as killing one of each class is akin to this.  4 run home is akin to 4 of the same class.

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,600 battles
39 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You really read my OP, didn't you.... LOL

I did.  I have been requesting that be an achievement for about two years, so I included it again.  Consider it a 2nd for your motion.

Here are some of the old "new achievement" threads:

Spoiler

Edited by desmo_2

[CASUL]
Members
255 posts
3,575 battles

Mr. Magoo - Killed by a torpedo at max torp range.

Matrix Mode - Most dodged shells

Lieutenant ***hole (Spacballs Reference) - Worst hit rate on the team

Sharknado - Most launched torpedoes

Summer Camp - Don't move beyond 10km of start position

Who Put That There?: Death after slamming into an island

Tactics: Lithobrake - Purposely slamming your ship into an island to avoid death (torp wave, for example)

Tactics: Corpse Shield - Using the sinking hull of a friendly or enemy ship to block incoming damage.

You Better Run Squirrel -  Run and survive multiple ships chasing you down (min distance 20KM)

Island Snuggler - Spend more than 10 minutes hiding behind islands

Gotta Catch 'Em All - You catch and entire torp wave all by yourself

Bring Out The Gimp - Have at least half the enemy team target

You're Going To Have A Bad Time - The entire enemy team targets you

Sign in to follow this