Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Why not 12 players in coop too?

32 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
2,096 posts
6,729 battles

I played a bunch of coop games last night. Nearly every one was 7 humans even in 30 seconds.

Why not 12v12 there too? Seems like it'd be even more fun.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,736 battles

I'm guessing because the intended use of the mode was for training purposes only, so they didn't see the point in allocating additional server resources to it.

But I"m just guessing.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

Coop should have twice as many bots as humans on the enemy team, it would be a lot more fun and challenging. 

• Cool 2

[MIA-A]
Members
2,096 posts
6,729 battles
4 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Coop should have twice as many bots as humans on the enemy team, it would be a lot more fun and challenging. 

I was actually thinking it could be a neat "hard mode" to do something like this. 

I'd certainly play some games like that.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it was great being only human in  coop last night   in my lyon.        got to farm ribbons. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,201 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

I was actually thinking it could be a neat "hard mode" to do something like this. 

With them eliminating Bots in Training room, I doubt they are looking to increase bots elsewhere.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,096 posts
6,729 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

With them eliminating Bots in Training room, I doubt they are looking to increase bots elsewhere.

Won't someone please think of the bots?!

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
10 minutes ago, centarina said:

it was great being only human in  coop last night   in my lyon.        got to farm ribbons. 

Sometimes it's nice, but sometimes they all just suicide in and ram each other before you even get in range.  Then it's just you against the other BB lol.

Members
4,535 posts
6,426 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Won't someone please think of the bots?!

I think of them. Like when I am lining one up for the kill shot. The "money shot".  Heh. :Smile_glasses:

Members
4,535 posts
6,426 battles
13 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I would sure like it harder no matter how it's done. Be more fun and better training for new players. OH WAIT, hell I need training myself.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I think operations is good enough as a Co-Op trainer. Why Tax The servers to add more Co-Op stuff? 

Co-Op was introduced for beginners to learn the game mechanics.

I know the guys who prefer to play Co-Op are good folks but it seems you are getting GREEDY.{My Opinion} 

• Cool 1

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
19 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think operations is good enough as a Co-Op trainer. Why Tax The servers to add more Co-Op stuff? 

Co-Op was introduced for beginners to learn the game mechanics.

I know the guys who prefer to play Co-Op are good folks but it seems you are getting GREEDY.{My Opinion} 

What's wrong with Co-op guys wanting more?  Even the rewards are dubious at best.  Lord help you if you aren't on Premium Acct and want to play Tier VIII or higher ships.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Hell, as much as I sometimes wish for 12v12, mostly cuz it might increase the pay, I dont want more players, cuz that just means more mindless drones, such as my last game, where our 'human', in the a FDG, pressed W, sailed forward and died.  Then other other 2 T10 Cruisers followed our AI cruisers into a nice crossfire from the AI Alabama, Hindenberg, NC, and yeah, got fking wrecked..

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What's wrong with Co-op guys wanting more?  Even the rewards are dubious at best.  Lord help you if you aren't on Premium Acct and want to play Tier VIII or higher ships.

More can be achieved simply by clicking Random Battle Mode.

Co-Op was never Intended as a full time Battle Mode.

Those who choose to remain in Co-Op are by their own decision to opt out of Random Battles  {forfeiting any other rewards} 

I say this " Have fun and enjoy what you like, If you want more it is a simple click of a button." 

• Bad 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yeah, coop rewards are a joke.  We shouldnt have to pop: Prem+Camo+every flag in the book+prayer to RNG+750% performance god game in a premium ship just to walk away with 30,000 bucks. 

PVP, you have a good game in PVP with every bonus in the book you will make 750-1million+.  PVE?  Yeah, you get 30k.  The pay gap isnt even fking CLOSE.

PVE should totally be 25% of a similar performance PVP game.  So, that 750-1m game should pay, net, 187,000-250k credits. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
1 hour ago, AspiringCodger said:

Sometimes it's nice, but sometimes they all just suicide in and ram each other before you even get in range.  Then it's just you against the other BB lol.

and you have problem with that?  I just let my secondary ribbon build up in those cases  :D  still made a profit 

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
11 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Those who choose to remain in Co-Op are by their own decision to opt out of Random Battles  {forfeiting any other rewards} 

I say this " Have fun and enjoy what you like, If you want more it is a simple click of a button." 

Almost all my experience is PVP oriented, but I know there are guys that are the reverse of that.  They want nothing to do with anything PVP oriented.

Because of that, they should be sh*t on more so than other player preferences?

9 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Yeah, coop rewards are a joke.  We shouldnt have to pop: Prem+Camo+every flag in the book+prayer to RNG+750% performance god game in a premium ship just to walk away with 30,000 bucks. 

PVP, you have a good game in PVP with every bonus in the book you will make 750-1million+.  PVE?  Yeah, you get 30k.  The pay gap isnt even fking CLOSE.

PVE should totally be 25% of a similar performance PVP game.  So, that 750-1m game should pay, net, 187,000-250k credits. 

Part of the issue, IMO, is that Co-op games are small in max total of ships.  Consider also that the bots are dead-set on ramming each other whenever they can.  You are left with fewer ships to go to work against, and thereby fewer XPs and Credits that could be earned.

When I was heavily testing Richelieu and Alsace with different builds in co-op, it finally got through my thick skull why these payouts were so bad.  I'm on Premium Acct, put in a good show, and I'm losing credits and BaseXPs are at 400-600 at best.  Nevermind the other players that aren't on Premium and they're getting 200-300 BaseXPs.  Lord help them if they bring a Tier VIII+.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
34 posts
3,967 battles
11 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

LOL..lighten up Francis.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Almost all my experience is PVP oriented, but I know there are guys that are the reverse of that.  They want nothing to do with anything PVP oriented.

Because of that, they should be sh*t on more so than other player preferences?

And as I stated This is a conscious Decision made knowing the rewards are smaller and play style as is. I wouldn't think this is getting SH*T On. Co-OP is what it is.  I like the guys that play Co-OP and great bunch. It is because of them I actually tried Operations and enjoy them. Operations are the Co-Op "More" 

Members
16,046 posts
14,433 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

And as I stated This is a conscious Decision made knowing the rewards are smaller and play style as is. I wouldn't think this is getting SH*T On. Co-OP is what it is.  I like the guys that play Co-OP and great bunch. It is because of them I actually tried Operations and enjoy them. Operations are the Co-Op "More" 

Operations are also heavily restricted by tier and now, tier & national ship types.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Operations are also heavily restricted by tier and now, tier & national ship types.

it is still More than Co-OP alone as it was.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,485 posts
3,435 battles

WG already said no. Part of it they mentioned is due to limiting the earnings (more enemy ships = more targets of opportunity, especially at times when it's only 1-4 real players and the rest all bots), and the other part they mentioned was they'd have to rework the timer and MM to better balance larger teams (so that say, 9 destroyers, 2 cruisers, and an AI CV don't load up into a match) as well as readjusting the AI difficulty levels to make them cheat sooner (rather than at T8+).

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Part of the issue, IMO, is that Co-op games are small in max total of ships.  Consider also that the bots are dead-set on ramming each other whenever they can.  You are left with fewer ships to go to work against, and thereby fewer XPs and Credits that could be earned.

When I was heavily testing Richelieu and Alsace with different builds in co-op, it finally got through my thick skull why these payouts were so bad.  I'm on Premium Acct, put in a good show, and I'm losing credits and BaseXPs are at 400-600 at best.  Nevermind the other players that aren't on Premium and they're getting 200-300 BaseXPs.  Lord help them if they bring a Tier VIII+.

Yeah, so jack up the earnings to equal 25% of a PVP game, within the limitations of the coop mode. 

It becomes even more frustrating when the game ends and hte AI still have like 4 ships left....or your chasing down the carrier and the game ends....

Earnings in PVE actually make it that much more annoying when AI do basically any damage.  Honestly, with the pay we get in PVE, we should be able to potato broadside at 32km and just snipe each other.....we get paid like, idk, 10% or less of a PVP game.  I've derped into a couple of PVP games and made more in a terrible loss then I do in a well played PVE game, WITH all the bonuses mounted.  Pop every bonus in the book, and in a good game, my Alabama might come away with 60k?  And by good game, I mean 80K+ 1-3 kills, survive, win the mission.  Typically, my AL will sail away having made less then 10k, and ive had as low as 1k....its like why even bother?

There is 'paying less cuz lol AI coop" and there is just straight up mocking it.  WG has it where its not even really worth the time and effort.  I dont expect 100% mirror of PVP for what we play, but the amount we see now?  Yeah.....

Specops or w/e, they would be cool if they removed ALL limitations off them.  Let us play w/e ship, w/e tier and just let us play them.  IF I wanna bring my Alabama into a Specops, let me...crap....

Members
3,760 posts
13,982 battles

There aint exactly large queues in Co-Op battles and even with 8 ship teams there's often bots on the Green Team. If the battles were to be upped to 12 per side, there'd certainly be a lot more Green bots and the only positive things that can be said about Green bots is that they push and are never AFK.

360 posts
194 battles
2 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

I already get sunk an embarrassing amount in Co-Op, I don't need more bots pointing and laughing as my boat slowly goes under, lol.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this