You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vangm94

How Many CV Secondary Kills Do You Have?

55 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I am just wondering who has the highest Secondary Kill Count per Carrier is. My Ryujo has about 23 Secondary Kills.

[ARP2]
Members
1,243 posts
3,569 battles
23 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

I have like five in my Bouge which I consider to be the rarest kills in the game

One of my most laughable deaths was being detonated by an afk Bogues secondaries.  

• Funny 7

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
Just now, Hatework said:

One of my most laughable deaths was being detonated by an afk Bogues secondaries.  

:Smile_teethhappy:

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

The first Secondary achievement I got was with the Lexignton of all ships, back before they made it easier to get the achievement (you used to have to do like 40% of the total damage to a target with secondaries). Some DD kept trying, and failing, to torp me at point blank and refused to use his guns.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles

I got my first Close Quarters Expert with my Cleveland when those drunk gunners sank a Carrier. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

A grand total of 7. 5 with the Hiryu, 2 with the Zuiho.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,404 posts
7,417 battles

I killed a RYUJO with TIRPITZ's secondaries once without even realizing it was there.

I'd been so focused on dealing with a cruiser and another BB with the main battery, and hadn't realized that the RYUJO was on my disengaged side and getting torn up by the secondaries. First I knew it was there was when I got the ribbon for a kill, and saw close-quarters expert pop up. When I went back and watched the replay, it had even been full health at the beginning. Somehow it had just never gotten around to leaving my secondary range.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

CV Secondaries only, not other ship types.

Members
204 posts
7,415 battles

I got a few on my Graf Zeppelin. Secondary guns on carriers need to be buffed because a base range of 4km can't do crapto ships that get close. Im not asking that carriers can kill close dd's with their secondaries but I would like more range and a bit closer depression. DD's can sit out of range and kill you and you can't do crap.

[LUCK]
Members
1,298 posts
19,550 battles

None, but I've narrowed it down to not playing CVs as the reason.

Always love it when I see it happen, however.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
12 minutes ago, IJN_Yamato_BB17 said:

I got a few on my Graf Zeppelin. Secondary guns on carriers need to be buffed because a base range of 4km can't do crapto ships that get close. Im not asking that carriers can kill close dd's with their secondaries but I would like more range and a bit closer depression. DD's can sit out of range and kill you and you can't do crap.

I call those the good DDs, a good amount of DDs will close in on you and drop torpedos. They won't shoot at all either. No CQC in this battle but I think you may get what I mean. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles
1 hour ago, skull_122_steel said:

I have like five in my Bouge which I consider to be the rarest kills in the game

1 hour ago, Hatework said:

Don’t laugh at Bogue’s secondaries! Both are tailstingers and are perfectly positioned for defending the ship when it’s running like a turtle to get away from something. (Better than Independence at least, which can’t even shoot back with popguns if attacked while its squads are away...)

Not sure about my Bogue’s secondary kills, but I know how many my Langley has; exactly ONE, at point blank range, against a Minekaze on Solomons...

...even the Minekaze driver said he could only laugh!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

not sure how you would even find that stat.  CV account stats only break out number of kills you have a specific ship -- not how you killed the ships. 

I don't play CVs very often, but when I do it's Dos Equis.   I vaguely recall killing one low health DD with secondaries.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles

A few times with Lexington.  Even trolled a while with BFT+AFT with SBM2 mod installed and surprised some DDs that way.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

WG should add another hull option for the Lexington that includes its original configuration with 8-inch guns.  Than we could really talk about some secondary kills from CVs.  Yup -- that's 4x2 8-inch cruiser guns on either side of the conn and stack.

USS_Lexington_(CV-2)_leaving_San_Diego_o

Edited by Dr_Dirt
  • Cool 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
44 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

not sure how you would even find that stat.  CV account stats only break out number of kills you have a specific ship -- not how you killed the ships. 

I don't play CVs very often, but when I do it's Dos Equis.   I vaguely recall killing one low health DD with secondaries.  

Wows-numbers looks to keep track of it. I imagine it's available in game as well. The wows site doesn't look to display everything.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles

An old post of mine from 2016, but it's CV Secondaries related.  Still possible today.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

a better shot of Lexington's 8-inch turrets.  I suppose maybe make a premium version of the Saratoga (sister ship) but give it the 8-inch guns.  

USS_Lexington_(CV-2)_firing_203mm_guns_1

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

a better shot of Lexington's 8-inch turrets.  I suppose maybe make a premium version of the Saratoga (sister ship) but give it the 8-inch guns.  

USS_Lexington_(CV-2)_firing_203mm_guns_1

Kaga has a bunch of 8" guns but I don't know of anyone ever speccing for it.  Even if there were, I don't play DDs enough to potentially run into that problem.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

wasn't Kaga and Akagi both started as BCs and switched mid construction to CVs after the Washington Treaty?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

wasn't Kaga and Akagi both started as BCs and switched mid construction to CVs after the Washington Treaty?

Off the top of my head, not sure about Akagi, but Kaga was.  Those 200mm guns on her are leftovers from that legacy.  Even Lexington had those kind of roots, both the IJN & USN had these Battlecruisers but due to the treaty, they couldn't have them anymore so converted them into something that was allowed.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,520 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Akagi was laid down as an Amagi class Battlecruiser the same Amagi we have at tier 8. Kaga was laid down as a Tosa class battleship and was only converted to a carrier after an earthquake heavily damaged Amagi beyond repair. Not to be confused with the Amagi from late war which was an Unryu Class Carrier 

Edited by yamato6945