You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

25 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

I've seen plenty in game, what is the purpose of your question?

Members
182 posts
728 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I have never seen one in battle or you tube.

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,104 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Same.  Seen plenty of GasCOGNAC's on the high seas in the past week.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I've seen plenty of them. I own one myself.

Members
182 posts
728 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

I've seen plenty of them. I own one myself.

Is it worth buying i fancy it or dunk for 35 dollars?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
8 minutes ago, francesabyss said:

Is it worth buying i fancy it or dunk for 35 dollars?

Personally, I enjoy Gascogne. The speed, handling, quick repair party time, better secondary layout and faster reload than Richy, all help make her fun. Plus she's an excellent captain trainer for the French BB line.

Of course there are downsides, difficult firing angles, large sides, and sometimes questionable accuracy, but if you can get over those hurtles, she's a fine ship.

Dunk is a different kettle of fish and only really comparable to Richy in the line. All forward guns gives you an 8 gun salvation at any target you fire at, she's quick, fastest of her tier, fast 28s reload, punchy, high penetration guns, and pretty decent HE with a good fire chance.

Downsides of Dunk however, are her weak side armor, bad accuracy, high pen guns a lot of the time over pen a cruiser rather than citadel it, extremely weak from behind, and weak AA firepower.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,260 battles

I have one.   Gun range should be reduced to 18km  and reload to 28 seconds.  Then I would enjoy it more.

Shooting at anything over 16km is a waste of time because of its dispersion.  At 380mm its guns should reload faster than 30 seconds.  The name "Gas can" is fitting since cruisers HE does tons of damage against its 30mm armor.

To have a real gg in it requires the right kind of "stupid" on the other side.

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,602 posts
4,025 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Same.  Seen plenty of GasCOGNAC's on the high seas in the past week.

Huh.  I thought we'd settled on "GasCan" as the official unofficial nickname for the ship.

Members
182 posts
728 battles
2 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Huh.  I thought we'd settled on "GasCan" as the official unofficial nickname for the ship.

Trashcan and now a gascan lol awesome.

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,104 battles
36 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

We may have, but I seen the word Cognac today and wanted to give 'er a whirl.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles

I will get most of this years premiums next X mas in a crate or Thanksgiving with the big ship sale if I am in need of Doubloons. I might get some if they have premium time included in the bundle, I am down to 90 days. Recent premiums have not been too exciting and quite gimmicky or odd camo and I do have 209 or so ships in port already.

[PYRO]
Beta Testers
1,147 posts
10,206 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I will get most of this years premiums next X mas in a crate or Thanksgiving with the big ship sale if I am in need of Doubloons. I might get some if they have premium time included in the bundle, I am down to 90 days. Recent premiums have not been too exciting and quite gimmicky or odd camo and I do have 209 or so ships in port already.

You bought the Armada bundle?

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
25 minutes ago, Adm_Nate_Ellis937 said:

You bought the Armada bundle?

I bought the first armada bundle and had all but 5 of the ships and made out with 170,000 doubloons or so and 37 port slots. Best doubloon deal ever.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

the best garbaged for to buy! ulgy in combat

Your profile shows no games played in the ship so how can you call it garbage in all these threads? Did you play it on the PTS? If you haven't played it I don't see how you can make such a strong comment.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

It is very true I do not have the gascone, but its users in the battle tells me that it is bad, and I think that they can give it a good buff, maybe it is an AA as 1944 version as richelieu, he has 152MM cannons as secondary defense but for its slow rate of reloading shot is useless. should give Slot 6, and maybe the gascogne improve a little..

but I'm afraid to vote the money for the garbage

Edited by rafael_azuaje

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,851 battles

I purchase the Gasconge. I hate the turret layout. However, I conducted 5 matches Gascogne vs a fellow clan mate in his Tirpitz (19-point captain) we both are spec in secondary build. Where he differs from me is he uses IFHE. I won all 5 matches due to able to start fires more frequently to him and amazing turn around times on heals and repair party times. I use Jean-Jacques Honore (19-point) from the Republique who has enhanced EM and AR. I allowed two fires to burn me down so to reduce my secondaries firing times. I set him on fire 13 times to his 7 times. Gascogne is a solid ship.  

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

I too have been on the fence about Gascogne, but don't see the issue with the turrets only having 4 barrels each.  Since I have only run German BB's and they have 2 turrets but only 2 gun in each turret for 4 guns forward and they have served me well (got to love German dispersion) and even the Gascan has the same German dispersion.  I think of her more as a BB version of the Graf Spee which I love.  I'm interested in how she handles, dodging and weaving, absorbing damage.  I did 30+K damage to one yesterday with my Bismarck at fairly close range but being broadside, that is the same with almost any BB.  They seem fairly durable even if the guns are a little wonky but then my German guns are wonky too.  It's just a lot of money at $75 to get a 10pt captain; will it be as fun as my Alabama or even my Bismarck/Tirpitz, that is the question.

Pete

Members
58 posts
6,731 battles

Gascogne is a decent ship.  The gun placements at first looked weird, but it's actually good if you use the ship as a raider.  Unlike the Richelieu, where all the guns are facing forward,  making it virtually impossible to conduct any rear action, the Gascogne got all sides covered.  This means that if the situation is too hot, you can turn around and bail while still can shoot back and just maybe you can sink a cruiser or two who are chasing you.  Or you can still shot at the guy you sped passed.  I enjoyed mine immensely.  I actually sank a 65% health Yamato the other night at less than 3km range while broadside to me with one single broadside.  There were a lots of citadels.

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

I  picked up the Gascogne and found it to be somewhat difficult to get a good game.  The gun placement was ok, no real issue but getting shots to do any real damage was tough, they just didn't behave like the Richelieu.  It handles decently, the heal works well, the turrets rotate ok, but I had mediocre results from it.  I was getting lots of overpens, little real damage so I switch to HE and did better (even though I detest using HE from a BB personally unless bow on) and had 1 ok game.  I think it will take more effort to get a really good game with it.  I was hoping for a larger Graf Spee which I love but so far have found the Gascogne to be a bit under performing at T8.  She fails compared to Richelieu in the main gun department and I don't think it's turret placement, or even dispersion, just a lack of damage, with lots of overpens, especially on cruisers which is a bit annoying.  I will keep working with it though as I do like how she handles.  She is NO Alabama!!!

Pete

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

Cascogne has potential and this is my best so far in it.  T10 game, top of the team with 2663 Base XP.

Pete

Gascogne.PNG

Edited by sasquatch_research

Members
1,542 posts
8,180 battles

Hey

Another good Gascogne battle T8 game.  This one was only good enough for #2 beaten by a Fiji who earned Kraken, good job to him.  I got 1896 Base XP, Confederate, Dreadnaught.

Gascogne 2.PNG

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I've played only a few games in her, but so far, i rather like her. The guns are very similar in velocity and dispersion as German ones, but I believe with better penetration. Her speed and agility is absolutely amazing when speedboost is on.

Sadly, her AA is absolutely garbage compared to Richelieu, which happens a lot with premium BBs.

I personally would not spec her for pure secondary spec like I would Tirpitz as her armor is not really suited for brawling, but their base range is still quite nice. Will definitely get AFT when I have the points to spare (went CE first).

Still getting a feel for her, but so far so good. Certainly better than Roma in my books.