You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CRGKevin

Updated Water Looks Horrible

8 comments in this topic

Members
121 posts
1,519 battles

So, while I'm a bit late to this, I feel this needs to be said. The new sea rendering is terrible. What used to be some nice wake effects that seemed appropriate for a given ship, now look completely out of sync with the size, type, and movement of the vessel. The foam seems to be jetted back from the ship regardless of propeller location, moving far quicker than the actual ship is. Then the bow splashes, which could've been a neat idea, but again fails in execution because it seems to  be completely unrelated to ship movement or what the water aroudn the ship is doing. These have gone from looking pretty good, to horribly unnerving and right out of the uncanny valley. 

Oh, and it puts greater strain on my graphics card, so, now my game client crashes more often, and I've had to reduce sea rendering quality. So, bravo there as well, it looks worse, yet puts more strain on graphics... *slow clap for Wargaming* 

Edited by CRGKevin
Damn autocorrect
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
652 posts
7,494 battles

I like it although aside that it made my game having FPS lag spike

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,122 battles

OP, you're the first person I've heard actually complain about the new wake visuals.  From what I've seen, the consensus seems to be that most like it.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,362 posts
12,175 battles

I agree with the op that the bow splash is somewhat out of sync with ship's movement.

But it is in NO way horrible. I think WG did great for a first pass and I actually like the visuals enhancement.

Members
4,566 posts
6,503 battles

I play on medium graphics. Looks ok to me. Have no lag. I would like a REAL storm to sail thru on the way to battle.  Waves crashing over bow etc.  Then it would let up as you get near the enemy so you can actually fight in normal seas. Have like a minute of this...be cool IMO.

Members
2,501 posts
5,492 battles

The NEXT step for WOW to do is to actually have the ship go slightly vertical up and down to make it even more realistic. Just a tad..does not affect aiming.  That way the ships don't look like slot cars on a flat track. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

The water looks fairly real, now. So, you dislike real water, is what you're trying to say to us?