You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Idea for rank season.

18 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,728 posts
8,274 battles

Hum.... no.

IMO T6 and T8 rank are fine. At these tier there is no broken gimmick / broken ship.  If we could just...do something about game where you never earn stars because your team keep loosing but at the same time you never lose start because you're the top of your team.

[SALVO]
Members
17,072 posts
17,737 battles

How about no.  There's already CB's for tier 10's.  And frankly, I only rarely keep any tier 9's around.   Like Alcatraz said, T6 and T8 are just fine for Ranked.  Heck, I wouldn't even mind tier 5, though it might end up being too much GC and Kamikaze's.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

How about no.  There's already CB's for tier 10's.  And frankly, I only rarely keep any tier 9's around.   Like Alcatraz said, T6 and T8 are just fine for Ranked.  Heck, I wouldn't even mind tier 5, though it might end up being too much GC and Kamikaze's.

I'm with Crucis on this one. Clan Battles should be all the tier 10 you need. 16 hours of competitive T10 a week not enough for you? I like that they float ranked around through the tiers but T10 would exclude too much of the player base, and has ZERO premium ships to flog.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
3,998 battles

Tier 9 is like the fat kid that just can't quite make it to the top of the rope.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,745 posts
3,490 battles

How about we make it so Ranked doesn't make you hate the game and all of humanity.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,127 battles
14 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

How about we make it so Ranked doesn't make you hate the game and all of humanity.

I'm not sure this is even possible, unless there is a major overhaul to how ranked works.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Ranked is going to be annoying almost any way you slice it since WG loves releasing OP premiums.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,657 posts
9,053 battles

The best thing to do with ranked since it is about the individual and not the team is to take the team out of advancing and make advancing all about how well the player does.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
15 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Pretty much. Losing progress is always a very unpleasant thing, especially when you have to struggle to make that progress to begin with.

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,127 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The best thing to do with ranked since it is about the individual and not the team is to take the team out of advancing and make advancing all about how well the player does.

I agree with this, however, the issue is that WG would really have to tweak rewards. There are so many roles you can take in ranked, from DD's spotting and torp area denial, to CL shooting DD's instead of farming BB's. Not all of these roles are equally represented in the final score screen.

I struggled bad in the middle of the season, I learned it was because I was trying to do too much, playing too aggressive. So I slowed down, my stats tanked, but my WR (read not just save a star) shot up. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,657 posts
9,053 battles
Just now, Kevs02Accord said:

I agree with this, however, the issue is that WG would really have to tweak rewards. There are so many roles you can take in ranked, from DD's spotting and torp area denial, to CL shooting DD's instead of farming BB's. Not all of these roles are equally represented in the final score screen.

I struggled bad in the middle of the season, I learned it was because I was trying to do too much, playing too aggressive. So I slowed down, my stats tanked, but my WR (read not just save a star) shot up. 

Oh, it would definitely take a good bit of work. Another option would be to simply have ranking be part of regular play with the top 10% getting top rank rewards, with lesser rewards as you go down the ranks. This would take a lot of the salt out of ranked.

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles
3 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

IMO T6 and T8 rank are fine. At these tier there is no broken gimmick / broken ship. 

nice prank  :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,657 posts
9,053 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Tier 3! All St. Louis all the time.

That is actually an awesome idea and any ship could be used, no best ship just use the chosen ship for that day/week/whatever for that ranked season, but 12 Inquisitors banging away at 12 other Inquisitors would be a blast. I still say that the teams performance needs to be removed from how the individual performs in ranked though.

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

Tier II.  All Mikasas.

• Cool 1