You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Losing Streaks..Screw You WG

82 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,473 battles

The losing streaks are getting old. There is absolutley no winning some games no matter what you do. The streaks get long, the teams suck worse to the point of unbelievability. There is no way you get put on such horribly awful teams that many games in a row with just a random MM system. Think I'll go play some old school Pacific General where at least I have some control over the outcome of the game. Here's an example of how this week has gone.....

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.03.07 - 21.42.57.25.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 6

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Streaks happen, both winning and losing ones. Take a break if it's getting to you.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,451 battles

OP - you have 4600 PvP games, you know how this works.  There are losing streaks and there are winning streaks, you need to look at 100 game moving average to determine if you are getting better, staying the same or getting worse.  I have won 18 games in a row before, and I have only lost 9 games in a row, so as far as streaks go, I am waaaaay overdue to lose big.  Since I normally stop playing after 3 straight  losses in a row now, I never seem to have major losing streaks.  Is it MM or is it my attitude and mental expectation that makes the difference?

• Cool 6

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,027 posts
3,537 battles

The last battle I was in, the entire team with exception of myself, went to the west side of the map. Enemy started capping A, so I head in and delayed the cap. fired torps and shells at the enemy DD, and fled the scene, only to turn back, and do it again, except this time, there were two additional cruisers to contend with. Damn near kill the fletcher, before the Atlanta grabbed my attention. Low and behold, the Atlanta and the other cruiser is firing on one of my allies who actually came to help. I started helping by pounding the Atlanta with my guns, my ally dies, and I knew I was next. Before I left I launched a finally volley of torpedoes, and then boom died, because they hydroed me as I was trying to make my escape. according to the enemy, those torpedoes I launched came very close to hitting, but he managed to thread the needle at the last second.

All while this is going on, the rest of my team is over at D, clustered together and not even attempting to cap... At the end, only a single enemy ship was destroyed, and that was the already crippled Atlanta. And coming in with 658 experience, I topped the charts for experience earned that battle. I regret now, not taking a screencap, before leaving the game, tired of the losing streak I am on myself.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

OP - you have 4600 PvP games, you know how this works.  There are losing streaks and there are winning streaks, you need to look at 100 game moving average to determine if you are getting better, staying the same or getting worse.  I have won 18 games in a row before, and I have only lost 9 games in a row, so as far as streaks go, I am waaaaay overdue to lose big.  Since I normally stop playing after 3 straight  losses in a row now, I never seem to have major losing streaks.  Is it MM or is it my attitude and mental expectation that makes the difference?

Perfectly said. I employ the 3 loss in a row I'm out maxim myself. No point in risking, and getting, further aggravation.

And re your question--it's both of course. MM when you are schlepped onto a team of schlubs; and attitude and mental state... when you get aggravated, or cocky or whatever.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
24 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

The losing streaks are getting old. There is absolutley no winning some games no matter what you do. The streaks get long, the teams suck worse to the point of unbelievability. There is no way you get put on such horribly awful teams that many games in a row with just a random MM system. Think I'll go play some old school Pacific General where at least I have some control over the outcome of the game. Here's an example of how this week has gone.....

Lol welcome to my March last year, Christmas and Summer vacation is not all that bad, but Spring Break... Well let’s just say I am keeping very sharp eye out for that MM pattern and am prepared to take the month off if needed. But as long as I am not doing any stock grinds and keeping good Captains on my ships I should make it through. 

Of course I know one of the major Soring Break weeks is this next week so I will be off entirely next week lol.

Members
835 posts
4,631 battles

Like others have said, streaks come in both flavours. I'm currently in a losing streak (my stats are bleeding, look). This is partially my fault, I know when I sucked and died early, but I also know when I get over 120k damage and come in the top three in my team and we still lose. I recommend taking a break, just chilling and relaxing. Does wonders for your own health and your performance in game and in other activities.

• Cool 1

[RQL]
[RQL]
Members
4 posts
7,061 battles

Holy Christ if you're going to complain about teams, get better. You can't only rely on your team to win games. Git gud

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
13 hours ago, KalishniKat said:

According to Warships Today you have a 66% W/R over the last two days. Please explain what is wrong with those numbers.

Content moderated by JayStark02

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I was just blaming it on the Old Cabin Still.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,937 posts
7,508 battles

Once upon a time, I lost 17 straight. I changed my mentality, and since have had no losing streak of more than 4, and have had more win streaks of 10 or more than I can count, one of 14 included.

Do your best, play your best ships and tiers, and walk away at 3, no more than 4, losses in a row.

Div-ing will help, as well, giving you someone to count on in the match.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles
3 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Do your best, play your best ships and tiers, and walk away at 3, no more than 4, losses in a row.

Yeah.

Setting a walk-away limit is really good.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,473 battles
10 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

According to Warships Today you have a 66% W/R over the last two days. Please explain what is wrong with those number

It's lagging and not showing the 10 game losing streak that coincidentally started the moment my free 7 day premium account ended. Literally the moment premium ran out i was on the world's worst teams. A little WG prompt to spend some money perhaps. 

Edited by KalishniKat

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,386 posts
9,538 battles

Oh man.... Opp I wish you step back and really think about this, Not sure what your back ground is but these claims and posts you are making is getting silly.

[TGO]
Beta Testers
797 posts
4,168 battles

I just passed through one of the worse grind to date for me in the game. The British T6 Queen Elizabeth was a real pain to play for me and the ship made it difficult to be a difference maker in most games. I think I lost all but a few games yesterday and it was frustrating at time, but it's now done after 36 battle and so I'm done with her. But yeah, as mentioned, streaks happen. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles
14 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

losing streak that coincidentally started the moment my free 7 day premium account ended. Literally the moment premium ran out i was on the world's worst teams. A little WG prompt to spend some money perhaps. 

I don't believe in coincidences. I think you found your problem.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

OP has a rough day in Warships, sky is falling, more at 11

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

Been more or less on a steady losing trend since October.  In that time, damage, kills, XP has all gone up, but WR has steadily dropped.  Frustrating, to put it mildly.

This is the first time I've "whined" about it in the forums.  Maybe I should whine more about it.  Blame WG.  Will that make me feel better?  Will that make things better?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
28 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

It's lagging and not showing the 10 game losing streak that coincidentally started the moment my free 7 day premium account ended. Literally the moment premium ran out i was on the world's worst teams. A little WG prompt to spend some money perhaps. 

So what, they happen to all of us. Put the tin foil away and please remember to come and complain about the next big winning streak. With the new French BB line starting from the bottom I have a 10 - 1 record and am now on the Bretagne and it scares me because I know that RNGesus will punish me for doing so well. Roll with it, suffer through the bad streaks and enjoy the good ones.

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles
12 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Perfectly said. I employ the 3 loss in a row I'm out maxim myself. No point in risking, and getting, further aggravation.

And re your question--it's both of course. MM when you are schlepped onto a team of schlubs; and attitude and mental state... when you get aggravated, or cocky or whatever.

Actually I kind of do this myself.  If I am not having fun after 3-4 matches, I quit or at least take a few hour break.  It just isn't worth it to get frustrated over a game.

However, I do feel the OPs pain, especially when I am trying to complete a task or event that is time sensitive.  Absolutely hate those mission that require a "Win" to complete because if you are stuck on a losing streak while also trying to complete those missions, especially if you have maybe only 1 day to compete it to get credit, then playing the game is pure hell. 

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
10 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

However, I do feel the OPs pain, especially when I am trying to complete a task or event that is time sensitive. 

It' s occurred to me that these missions/tasks are precisely aimed at players who shy off playing more battles after a certain point... to keep them going for various carrots.

5aa16e6eb31ae_AnglerBB.jpg.fcf1ca20c1c4a08e75c37c2a7e9c51bb.jpg

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,751 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

56 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I don't believe in coincidences. I think you found your problem.

I agree 100%. My premium time ran out recently and I've been playing like crap ever since. I've obviously been boosted this whole time by WG's not-so-super-secret P2W modifications. This makes me sad. :Smile_sad:

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles
1 minute ago, sbcptnitro said:

It's lagging and not showing the 10 game losing streak that coincidentally started the moment my free 7 day premium account ended.

oh boy..... :cap_popcorn:

[MIA-A]
Members
2,105 posts
6,746 battles
1 minute ago, sbcptnitro said:

I agree 100%. My premium time ran out recently and I've been playing like crap ever since. I've obviously been boosted this whole time by WG's not-so-super-secret P2W modifications. This makes me sad. :Smile_sad:

image.png.0fbed56aa34ae5ca5bc196f8831fd8cf.png

Looks like the stats show otherwise!