Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Torpedo Lag

9 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,853 battles

There is still a severe framerate drop in games when lots of torpedoes are in the water. My frame rates are usually 60 FPS, which is the refresh rate of my monitor as I have Vsync on. However, when there are torpedoes in the water they drop significantly (to 34 FPS in the screenshot below). Perhaps something can be done about the torpedo wake graphics to lessen this occurrence.

shot-18_03.07_21_38.59-0583.thumb.jpg.a38ac13f733330ea8e0a44e309ac4e14.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
904 posts
4,255 battles

Same here, except my old PC is even worse, I get single digits FPS...

I personally hate new torpedo wake, find it both unrealistic and not pretty at all.

Torpedo wake should mimic ship wake, same length to ship size ratio etc. The old one was much better, now its like someone is painting water with airbrush comb...

Edited by Vaitmana

Members
834 posts
4,631 battles

Perhaps there should be an option to turn some of the unnecessary visual effects down, or off? Like torpedo and ship wakes for example.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 hours ago, LordGomes said:

Perhaps there should be an option to turn some of the unnecessary visual effects down, or off? Like torpedo and ship wakes for example.

put the game in basic mode for dial up to handle.

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles
12 hours ago, LordGomes said:

...and set torpedo wake OFF by default! I like it! :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,377 battles

It just occurred to me that there is an "Old Graphics" mod in Aslain's pak that replaces shell splashes and other transient effects, perhaps wakes? with older low-res effects. 

Might be worth a try.

[R-F]
Members
752 posts
6,366 battles

I keep getting this too. Takes about 8 battles before it starts showing up.  Restarting the client fixes it... but I keep forgetting and starting up another battle instead.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My very old laptop is doing great  but these FPS rates you speak of are only a dream for me your worst is double of my normal. A good day is 17 FPS.

However I don't see a lot of Lag my games run smooth or I am so used to this I don't notice.

Sign in to follow this