Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Divving vs Solo: the weirdnesses

13 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

One nice thing about Warships Today is that you can check your solo and divved performance and compare them. I noticed some striking things about my performance. For most ships when solo my win rate is 1-10% lower than my divved win rate, which is pretty much what you'd expect. You win more divved, that simple. But there are some funky anomalies -- my solo win rate in Khab, Montana, and old Fubuki is markedly higher.

Another interesting thing is average damage. In many ships I have played a lot my average damage is higher solo than divved, which makes sense since one has to share damage with aggressive, competent div mates (my usual div mates are all much better players than me). Tirpitz, Konig, and Kutuzov I have much higher damage solo, for example. All my big damage games in Kutu were solo matches. Yet, my average damage in Monty is higher divved even though my win rate is lower (go figure).

In many DDs --  Fletcher and Akatsuki, for example -- my win rate and avg damage are both higher. It seems being divved makes me a more confident and aggressive DD player (dont want to let the div down!) but a more tentative player of bigger ships (weird). Yet I have never Krakened when divved in either ship. My play in Yugumo is really weird -- average damage and WTR are very close between divved and solo, among the top 30 on the NA server, but my divved win rate in Yug is over 20% higher than my solo win rate(!). All of my Krakens in Yug have come solo too. 

What about you?

[RLGN]
Members
8,285 posts
17,328 battles

I feel I’ve done worse in divisions than I have solo. That may not actually be true; but that’s my perception.

In any case; it’s only been in the last six months or so that I’ve had anyone in game I liked to division with.

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

I do better solo than in a div aside from 2% lower overall win rate.

Outside of hundreds of battles, discrepancies could easily just be luck.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,187 battles

Opposite for me, my division win rate is lower, because when I play with friends, it is for fun.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,583 battles

My div stats gravitate to being better than my solo stats.  Typically when I div up, voice comms are part of the deal, whether we use ingame or Discord.  You get a multiple competent players together, your chances of winning go up. 

You bring 1-2 competent buddies into a division, that means 1-2 Potatoes not being on your team.  I.e., far better to have that "Blue" or "Purple" Montana Division-mate than that 36% WR, 26k Average Damage Monty player on your team.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you have to div up with good players if you want higher WR.     i see about 10% higher WR if I get a good 3 man div .     certain ships can still do pretty well solo though.        like Hindy for example is very strong boat and can carry if situation comes up.     personally, I prefer mixed division though.   they seem to provide best counter. 

Members
1,640 posts
7,482 battles

I reckon the variances in stats come from playstyle changes when in a devision.

For example Shima in solo play would be more likely to split off and try to get flanking spreads on battleships, which increase your damage, while a divved shima might focus more on caps or spotting because they know they have backup.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I division often and my wr is about the same as my solo wr.

However my Damage is higher when solo. Go Figure

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,328 posts
6,609 battles

My Solo Win Rate in Hindenburg is slightly higher than the Division Win Rate. Because when I want to Show of I screw up :p

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

Some ships, like the Khab, are meant to be played solo.  I always find myself playing lone wolf type ships much poorer in divisions than I do when I solo because I try and support my division instead of doing what I normally do to win.  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

I'm a garbage solo player and play better when I get carried :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles

When I was playing with a div mate, we usually split up and play like we are in solo. We do what we're supposed to do, only relying on div mate and we end up winning but when I look at my stat, I don't see a lot of difference. Maybe my WR is like 3-5% better but my damage is sometime lower than solo, mainly because I don't have to do all the work, I don't have to yolo rush a Kurfust in my Yuugumo because our Montana is targetting the Mogami running away 16km away.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I only have 25 div battles...I'm 12-13 and have played rather poorly in them. I'm still early in the overall learning of the game and div just adds more things to be cognizant of in a battle, which is too much for me at this point. 

Sign in to follow this