You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gojira420

Blyskawica

53 comments in this topic

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles

Suggestion on first 10 pnts in Commander Skill with the current meta?  Thanks!!!!

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

opinions will no doubt vary on the first six -- but the last four -- concealment.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts
1,338 battles

You usually want Last Stand for 2 points in there.  Destroyer with no engines = dead.  And yes, Concealment for pretty much any DD.

Edited by mavfin87

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
11 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

And yes, Concealment for pretty much any DD.

well yeah -- unless I have to play against his [edited].  In which case I'd strongly recommend focusing on a secondary armament build for his DD cap'n (kidding of gorse Gojira -- go concealment for the last 4 pts.)

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles

The first one kind of your call second one last stand third one usually superintendent and fourth one definitely concealment

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles

#1. Get the tier 1 skill that tells you how many people are targeting you, then get EM, SI, AFT.

#2. Dont play the Blys, because WG nerfed it into the ground soooooo far.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
4 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

#1. Get the tier 1 skill that tells you how many people are targeting you, then get EM, SI, AFT.

sorry  dude no offense intended -- but every time I see your avatar -- it pretty much creeps me out.  dafork is it supposed to be

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
28 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

Howzat?  Did it become useless without stealth firing?  The ships speed, and shell velocity, make it seem like a Russian gunbote to me, but I dunno, I play IJN DDs.  No Demo?  I know the smoke is junk, so why SI?

Members
3,821 posts
14,163 battles
34 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

WG didn't nerf Blyskawica in the least. She's no different now than she was when first introduced in late 2015. I think that she's a damn good bote.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
8 minutes ago, Gojira420 said:

Howzat?  Did it become useless without stealth firing?  The ships speed, and shell velocity, make it seem like a Russian gunbote to me, but I dunno, I play IJN DDs.  No Demo?  I know the smoke is junk, so why SI?

2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

WG didn't nerf Blyskawica in the least. She's no different now than she was when first introduced in late 2015. I think that she's a damn good bote.

Feel the same way. Started playing it like my Gnevny and actually started being useful/successful in it.

Members
3,821 posts
14,163 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Feel the same way. Started playing it like my Gnevny and actually started being useful/successful in it.

I'm a Cruiser main, mostly CLs, and I drive Blysky like a CL that has no citadel and lower detectability. I don't do too badly with her.

Edited by ReddNekk

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm a Cruiser main, mostly CLs, and I drive Blysky like a CL that has no citadel and lower detectability. I don't do too badly with her.

So maybe go for demo instead of super at three?

Members
3,821 posts
14,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Gojira420 said:

So maybe go for demo instead of super at three?

Go for Superintendent. You get a extra smoke and speed boost charge, and a DD cant have too many smoke charges. I don't use DE on any of my ships. It doesn't seem to improve firestarting.

• Bad 2

[HSD]
Members
296 posts
9,563 battles

Tier 1: I would go for Priority Target, mostly due to lack of other options but also being able to instantly recognise when you aren’t actively being targeted vs the entirety of the enemy is actively seeking your blood. 

Tier 2: My personal preference is Last Stand as an immobile DD is a dead DD, Last Stand means you still retain some mobility. Expert Marksman is a strong contender because Blysk has slower turning turrets, but I would rather the ability to escape/dodge over turret traverse. 

Tier 3: This is where it can vary, and personal style has an impact.

Superintendent: Your smoke may not be the most spectacular but an additional charge is still an additional charge, this also applies to Engine Boost, important to remember that. If you also consider the merits of smoke for allies (even with smoke nerfs there are benefits), an extra charge gives you more options for both team play and selfish purposes. 

Demolition Expert, improved fire starting minimal explanation needed, if you like additional damage options this is a good pick. 

Basic Firing Training, increases RoF, shooting faster means more shells, more chances to start fires and in some situations can be the difference between life and death (though rare). 

Survival Expert, Destroyers benefit the most, more HP gives you more life, more staying power, and more ability to trade/attrition for the situations when you have to. 

Tier 4: No contest, Concealment Expert.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

You usually want Last Stand for 2 points in there.  Destroyer with no engines = dead.  And yes, Concealment for pretty much any DD.

I would usually agree about CE, but there are occasions when I'm less sure, let's say.  The Blys is one of the cases.  I'm just not sure whether it's worth more to have CE or  AFT as the Blys' first level 4 skill.  AFT makes a huge difference in its offensive potential as a gunboat.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles

I've seen some stubborn Blyskawicas out there still, a few even Non-CE build.  AFT & BFT, and they give BBs at those ranges HELL.  But they tend to help for sh*t on caps.

I remember specifically one doing this a month or so ago.  He was at max AFT range and being a godd*mn terror to the BBs, setting them all on fire, etc.  We couldn't hit her at those ranges.  No Cruiser would close in because she'd just kite them and the BBs of her team would try to delete the Cruiser.  The catch to this "CL-like" DD style of play is that she was absolutely worthless on the caps.  And if that's the only DD of your team, you guys are going to have an interesting time in the cap situation.  The Cruisers on that Blyz's team then had to try to cap themselves and were getting rekt.  Aoba, Myoko, Pensacola try to cap?  LOL!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TURDS]
Members
595 posts
3,992 battles

Dead lollibotes all have the exact same firepower = 0. 

I advocate for SE as first choice for early career captains.

Once you have a clearer notion of your play style some other skill may suit better. 

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've seen some stubborn Blyskawicas out there still, a few even Non-CE build.  AFT & BFT, and they give BBs at those ranges HELL.  But they tend to help for sh*t on caps.

I was think, with the ships speed, maybe not extending the gun range with AFT would make it easier for the ship to break contact if it comes under heavy fire....but then again, the excellent shell velocity makes fire at range viable...

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
3 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Dead lollibotes all have the exact same firepower = 0. 

I dunno what a lollibote is...

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
437 posts
6,273 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

AFT makes a huge difference in its offensive potential as a gunboat.

Not as much as you might think.  

[TURDS]
Members
595 posts
3,992 battles
1 minute ago, Gojira420 said:

I dunno what a lollibote is...

:Smile_facepalm: Never read a Little White Mouse review? You're kidding, right?

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,165 battles
1 minute ago, Curly__san said:

:Smile_facepalm: Never read a Little White Mouse review? You're kidding, right?

I guess I’ve read a few...don’t remember lollibote.  Isn’t it all like ‘mehbote’ and ‘gudbote’ or whatever?

[SALVO]
Members
190 posts
12,100 battles
30 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I remember specifically one doing this a month or so ago.  He was at max AFT range and being a godd*mn terror to the BBs, setting them all on fire, etc.  We couldn't hit her at those ranges.  No Cruiser would close in because she'd just kite them and the BBs of her team would try to delete the Cruiser.  The catch to this "CL-like" DD style of play is that she was absolutely worthless on the caps.  And if that's the only DD of your team, you guys are going to have an interesting time in the cap situation.  The Cruisers on that Blyz's team then had to try to cap themselves and were getting rekt.  Aoba, Myoko, Pensacola try to cap?  LOL!

I've seen every ship type cap at one time or another. Granted, it's more challenging in a larger ship, but it can be done. I'm not saying that a DD should avoid capping, but others can pick up the slack if they are doing a more than adequate job filling a different role in the battle.

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
27 minutes ago, beliy_demon said:

Not as much as you might think.  

To me, the extra range makes a big difference in survivability, which becomes increased offensive potential over the long haul.  This isn't to say that you can't make CE first work.  It also depends on how much you want to occasionally stealth torp and how often you shoot from smoke vs run and gunning.