You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

A Plethora of Pink Players

40 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles

Has anyone noticed an increase in "pink" players lately? It seems that there is at least one in every game and oftentimes two or three. Almost without exception, "pink" players cause further damage to allies. Most are not team killers per se, though they do kill their share of teammates, but just careless. It's getting really annoying having to watch out for them all the time. Perhaps after stacking up a certain number of teamkills a short ban would suffice to encourage them to be more careful. Or, maybe just limit them to Coop games for the duration of their "pinkness."

shot-18_03.07_11_44.19-0477.jpg.3105a807c86cb6452629e547d52fe402.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Bad 1

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
249 posts
7,103 battles

A ban, even a short one, seems unlikely to me.  WG doesn’t have the best track record with that.  It also seems kinda harsh, IMO.  The limit to coop seems like the right way to go.  Maybe a ban if a player goes pink repeatedly in a short time would work.  That sounds right.

Edited by Gojira420

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

I had a T9 german DD trying to friendly torp me all game, he, from hindsight, intentionally missed the first 2 attempts, then waited till i was between him and an enemy and  fired the killing salvo. Then pretended all he wanted to do was torp the enemy. Yeah, right, like you miss a friendly, TWO friendlies about 2 km from him. It was clearly intentionally because he shadowed me all game.

He was pink so damage was reflected back to him and he died.

Edited by NeutralState

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

NA player base has received a significant nerf to it's skill level lately. I've fried a ton of potatoes today, and I'm not even close to above average.

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles
41 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Has anyone noticed an increase in "pink" players lately? It seems that there is at least one in every game and oftentimes two or three. Almost without exception, "pink" players cause further damage to allies. Most are not team killers per se, though they do kill their share of teammates, but just careless. It's getting really annoying having to watch out for them all the time. Perhaps after stacking up a certain number of teamkills a short ban would suffice to encourage them to be more careful. Or, maybe just limit them to Coop games for the duration of their "pinkness."

Have you ever been PINK OP??????????????  Ever...it happens.

Edited by dmckay

[WOLFC]
Members
88 posts
5,605 battles

Being Pink has lost its shame factor. Most don't care anymore about being pink. When I take friendly fire, they say its my fault for getting in their way. Only had one guy say he was sorry for hitting me. Most of the team damage I take is when I am in my DD's. I got hit and set on fire recently, and they guy had a meltdown that I did not  use damage control to put it out. It was on cool down.  It is what it is I guess. I have been pink a couple of times myself.

27 minutes ago, Gojira420 said:

Maybe a ban if a player goes pink repeatedly in a short time would work

Maybe this ^^

Edited by JBR40
spelling

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I only kill friendly rump-holes -- I swear.  But its not intended to be unintentional.  

[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Have you ever been PINK OP??????????????  Ever...it happens.

1/4 of a 12-man team should not be pink though. It's getting rare not to see a pink player in a match so the incidence is probably over 10%, which is way too much. Also, look at the friendly damage caused when pink players are in a game. Even if they don't cause damage they oftentimes will hang back so as not to get bumped and thus not do their job. Keep track of names too and you will see that many pink players are habitually pink.   

[PVE]
Members
1,605 posts
6,757 battles

Had a battle a couple of nights ago in co-op, 6 on the human team were Pink, could not help but to laugh. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,264 battles

Every time I’ve been pink lately it’s been from killing bots.

Bloody (redacted) Red bots seem like they could dodge torps even you were close enough to toss them over from your ship; but the Greens are so moronic they would sail into a Shima torp from 20k away.

• Cool 1

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles

I will say this....I am seeing more torpers saying its not MY fault I hit you.  Stay out of my way.............dumbazzes. I not only gotta watch for red torps but also idiots on my own team who torp from ridiculous distances.  It's damn near akin to shooting your own mates.........mindless.  YET...they think its your fault if ya get hit.  JERKS.  Torps in front from reds (ok) torps behind from my mates. Yup.  Crazy

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

1/4 of a 12-man team should not be pink though. It's getting rare not to see a pink player in a match so the incidence is probably over 10%, which is way too much. Also, look at the friendly damage caused when pink players are in a game. Even if they don't cause damage they oftentimes will hang back so as not to get bumped and thus not do their job. Keep track of names too and you will see that many pink players are habitually pink.   

OK.  Habitually.  How u track that?? Names?  Hell I dont track names.  U may have a point however. The longer a free to play game survives the more idiots you collect....SEE WoT.

• Bad 1

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

I'd argue the increase in DDs due to new BBs may be the cause of this. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,692 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, an occasional pinkness is the cost of doing business for an even mildly aggressive torp-using DD player. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,264 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

The longer a free to play game survives the more idiots you collect....SEE WoT.

Stat mongers?

Recently checked and found out I haven’t played Tanks since the middle of last November.

Don’t miss it.

If a x5 weekend came around I probably play some games to build up a little xp, then convert all of it to fxp for ‘sometime in the future,’ just to use up my gold. (Accidentally bought 5-6k gold when I ment to get the 1250 package, which is used ally enough to cover the few expenses I encure for a pretty long time.)

Havent been a total basket case, but the skill diffences over there make it impossible to have any fun. Which they had a Co-op mode.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,692 battles
23 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I will say this....I am seeing more torpers saying its not MY fault I hit you.  Stay out of my way.............dumbazzes. I not only gotta watch for red torps but also idiots on my own team who torp from ridiculous distances.  It's damn near akin to shooting your own mates.........mindless.  YET...they think its your fault if ya get hit.  JERKS.  Torps in front from reds (ok) torps behind from my mates. Yup.  Crazy

Sorry, dmckay, but if a DD asked you to slow down or turn or something because he *has* launched torps or maybe even wants to launch them, just do as he asks without question.  

• Bad 1

[DPG]
Members
896 posts
4,435 battles
24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Every time I’ve been pink lately it’s been from killing bots.

Bloody (redacted) Red bots seem like they could dodge torps even you were close enough to toss them over from your ship; but the Greens are so moronic they would sail into a Shima torp from 20k away.

It's cuz they know when you target them and fire your torps.  they are on the same system that allows you to see lead when you bring up your torps.  The only way I have seen that slightly increases your chances of hits is deselecting them as a target a second or so before you fire your torps.

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Stat mongers?

Recently checked and found out I haven’t played Tanks since the middle of last November.

Don’t miss it.

If a x5 weekend came around I probably play some games to build up a little xp, then convert all of it to fxp for ‘sometime in the future,’ just to use up my gold. (Accidentally bought 5-6k gold when I ment to get the 1250 package, which is used ally enough to cover the few expenses I encure for a pretty long time.)

Havent been a total basket case, but the skill diffences over there make it impossible to have any fun. Which they had a Co-op mode.

For me?  Ceased to be "FUN" over a year ago. Grim now. Fictional. Lordy Lordy LOOK at Me....and my stats. I checked the numbers and some of them over there have to play 6-8 hours a DAY.  :Smile_sad:

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, dmckay, but if a DD asked you to slow down or turn or something because he *has* launched torps or maybe even wants to launch them, just do as he asks without question.  

They don't ask.....wow. U been on Mars??? :Smile_amazed:  I do think your are being satirical.  I hope that is it. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,692 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Stat mongers?

Don’t miss it.

If a x5 weekend came around I probably play some games to build up a little xp, then convert all of it to fxp for ‘sometime in the future,’ just to use up my gold. (Accidentally bought 5-6k gold when I meant to get the 1250 package, which is usually enough to cover the few expenses I incur for a pretty long time.)

Haven't been a total basket case, but the skill differences over there make it impossible to have any fun. Which they had a Co-op mode.

I haven't played WoT in quite a while as well.  For a little while I was playing it a little bit regularly, but then didn't play for a bit and never started back up.  I don't really miss it either.

IMO, the game isn't as much fun as it was when I started playing it due to all the changes they made.  I used to love playing TDs back before the great TD concealment nerf.  I guess that I just have a love of playing the stealthy hunter, whether in WoT or WoWS.  And that nerf really hurt TDs something fierce.  Made it so that the squishy TDs were vastly more difficult to play, whereas the heavily armored ones weren't much different than they always were because they didn't rely on stealth.  

I tried to go back when that grand battles mode was introduced, but it was impossible to get into a grand battle for me.  I've never seen one yet.  Anyways, I don't miss it. 

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

I have been sank two days in a row by a "friendly" cruiser launching torps behind me in mid tiers. It is really starting to annoy me.

I can not be the only one that has wondered what the hell has been going on for the past few days.....

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
136 battles

Depends Sometimes when i'm in a BB (guessing thats the term for Battleships) some guy decides to be a [edited] in a DD and cuts me off and hits me and i somehow get blamed for it. or someone decides to get in front of my Torpedos. The odd time it happens and its bound happen someone is going to get hit at least once in a match. If it is repeatedly done and the damage you inflict on allies is equivalent to the Heath of a Destroyer then a small 24 ban can be placed as a start and escilates if that dosen't stop the behavior

Members
4,547 posts
6,459 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I am about to fire on that BB with guns. Get out of MY way. MY way. Just move ever if you are killing a ship. It's all about me. IF I hit you it's YOUR fault!  Heh. :Smile_glasses:  Carry on mate.

Flip it.  Put on another set of shoes.

Edited by dmckay

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am thinking boredom has made its entrance and people are pinking up just to make the game a small bit better for them. 

Just a guess but maybe this boredom has gotten  to them and want to quit the game and decided to go out through the Ban System.

[PSP]
Members
6,254 posts
8,892 battles

I used to live right beside a nice paved trail that was used by both pedestrians and bicyclists. When a bike came up behind you they would ring their bell and say "to your left," which told you they were passing you on the left and to either remain on a straight course of veer right.

Torpedoing works in similar ways.  You can't always ensure that all allied ships are in the quadrant behind you. Therefore I blow my horn before torping and say something like "TORPS, SLOW BB!." This presumes that the ships around me have enough awareness to 1. know that I have torpedoes and 2. know that when I blow my horn that they need to check chat. This is one reason I don't like the idiots who just blow their horns all game for the fun of it.  

Edited by Snargfargle