You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Hey Wargaming...

23 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,192 battles

Why are you trying to sell me this, when you're testing something like this? Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. If you want to punish battleship players for patronizing your game, then why are you also trying to milk them for pricey premium ships? It's bad form, it makes you look shady as a company, and in the end it just makes it easier for people to continue spending money on other entertainment experiences. I've been out of World of Warships for over a month now, and crap like this quashes any interest that I have in returning. Either accept and embrace the fact that battleships are popular, or stop releasing new battleship lines and premiums for a while until the other class numbers start to catch up. Charging us $60 for Scissors while you're over there getting ready to release Rock is just a slap in the face. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

Another complaint on an unreleased ship that is still dependent on BBs not implementing WASD hack.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,016 battles

It's discrimination.

• Funny 10
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
31 minutes ago, legozer said:

It's discrimination.

Agreed.

My status as a privileged CV player is the only reason I feel like this thread is nonsensical.

• Bad 1

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,239 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I've been out of World of Warships for over a month now

Not even playing the game and still complaining about a ship that has not even been released yet.

Edited by CaptKornNutz
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,016 battles
2 hours ago, CaptKornNutz said:

Not even playing the game and still complaining about a ship that has not even been released yet.

BB mains complain in their sleep. Thanks to Christ that my wife doesn't play.

• Funny 2

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
262 posts
3,996 battles
4 hours ago, legozer said:

It's discrimination.

Got to love the inside jokes

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,016 battles

I still got 3 bad votes, despite being hilarious.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
262 posts
3,996 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

Mayhaps they took you serious.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

BB tears are so delicious.

[R-F]
Members
784 posts
6,420 battles

Once torpedoes get a range of more than about 12 km range, they might as well be unlimited.  It doesn't matter.  If you're getting hit by torpedoes that were launched a full minute ago you're being too damn predictable.  Just think about that.  60 seconds ago, somebody knew where you'd be now.  And you're going to blame the torpedo?

600 battles in my Gearing, and I can promise you the only people I hit at max torpedo range (16.5 km) are the idiots.  Don't be an idiot, and the Asashio won't be the grim reaper all the Battleship Chicken Littles seem to think it is.

1 minute ago, legozer said:

Not everybody is up to date on the latest World of Warships Forum Memes.  You guys want to see my new tech trees I designed?

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,016 battles

Like my wife loves to say: why would I listen to you? You're an idiot.

My life is a hellscape.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,297 posts
9,016 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Once torpedoes get a range of more than about 12 km range, they might as well be unlimited.  It doesn't matter.  If you're getting hit by torpedoes that were launched a full minute ago you're being too damn predictable.  Just think about that.  60 seconds ago, somebody knew where you'd be now.  And you're going to blame the torpedo?

Oh stop it.

Once they get past 12 km what they hit is random. Add in the fact that they are almost undetectable until they knock at the back door, and it's even more random.

I'm a DD main and I know, just as well as you do, that ships hit many miles away are RARELY the intended targets. The Asashio torpedo idea is aimed at completely random players who happen to be BBs. A BB has almost the same chance of getting hit by sailing in a straight line as he/she does by zig zagging till they invent a dance craze (see how hip ol' uncle legozer is, kids?). It's just as easy to zig into an undetectable DWT as it is to zag into one, as it is to sail straight ahead into one. That's the issue.

• Cool 2

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
5 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Why are you trying to sell me this, when you're testing something like this? Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. If you want to punish battleship players for patronizing your game, then why are you also trying to milk them for pricey premium ships? It's bad form, it makes you look shady as a company, and in the end it just makes it easier for people to continue spending money on other entertainment experiences. I've been out of World of Warships for over a month now, and crap like this quashes any interest that I have in returning. Either accept and embrace the fact that battleships are popular, or stop releasing new battleship lines and premiums for a while until the other class numbers start to catch up. Charging us $60 for Scissors while you're over there getting ready to release Rock is just a slap in the face. 

They want your money, and they will gladly break their own product by introducing unbalanced/broken mechanics to take it from you. Basically WG is the new Gaijin.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,583 posts
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

They want your money, and they will gladly break their own product by introducing unbalanced/broken mechanics to take it from you. Basically WG is the new Gaijin.

No, Wargaming actually provides us with a product in exchange for our money, Gaijin just punches you in the face and demands that you pay for the dental work.
There are many flaws in your argument... chiefly among them that you're still here. If you really didn't want to have anything to do with Wargaming, you'd leave.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I can hardly wait to see 3 asashios, 1 ca and 8 bb in my team line up

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
6 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

BB tears are so delicious.

Just watch that salt intake Madwolf. Hypertension is a killer.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
6 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

600 battles in my Gearing, and I can promise you the only people I hit at max torpedo range (16.5 km) are the idiots.  Don't be an idiot, and the Asashio won't be the grim reaper all the Battleship Chicken Littles seem to think it is.

It will be for the crappers, which is exactly who gets all worked up into a lather everytime something can be even remotely considered a "nerf/buff". The decent players generally don't fly off the handle. They express concern or support, usually with some insight as to why that is.

The people getting WTFPWNED with these DWT reliably probably shouldn't be hanging out at T8 in Battleships frankly. Learn to play less predictable, watch the minimap, get team mates to assist with erasing the little bugger. No different than what DD has to do when a Radar ship is in match (stay back, stay aware, get help). Get help, ask for team play. Crazy, I know.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

Just watch that salt intake Madwolf. Hypertension is a killer.

Like a diabetic in swimming in a pool of sugar. :p

[WGA]
Administrator
700 posts
251 battles

As a reminder, please remain constructive when posting to ensure moderation is unnecessary.