You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

La République est ridicule

48 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

Just got the T10 French BB Republique and this thing is ridiculous. In a good way. The guns are really accurate, the secondary's are insane and have an 11.5km range with a build for them, and the AA is really good too (seems on par with or at least close to US high tier BB AA). I know it has the bug with the armor right now but I am sure it will be fixed. I just made sure in the game I played in it NOT to let any red bots see my side LOL.

Sort of hung back to get a feel for the ship in my 1st game as the game wasn't on the line at any point and I wanted to test it out and get used to it.  Even playing passively I still had a decent game. Think this one will be a lot of fun.  Transferred JJH from the Alsace to Republique and am ready to trash some bots French style LOL. :Smile_izmena:

pAYjkuG.jpg

My 1st game...

RTCB86J.jpg

BGKDt4S.jpg

U0npBqC.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

REEE CO-OP SCRUB

JK nice glad you like it but I don't think the armor thing is a bug though it may be

[YETI]
Members
105 posts
4,566 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just got the T10 French BB Republique and this thing is ridiculous. In a good way. The guns are really accurate, the secondary's are insane and have an 11.5km range with a build for them, and the AA is really good too (seems on par with or at least close to US high tier BB AA). I know it has the bug with the armor right now but I am sure it will be fixed. I just made sure in the game I played in it NOT to let any red bots see my side LOL.

Sort of hung back to get a feel for the ship in my 1st game as the game wasn't on the line at any point and I wanted to test it out and get used to it.  Even playing passively I still had a decent game. Think this one will be a lot of fun.  Transferred JJH from the Alsace to Republique and am ready to trash some bots French style LOL. :Smile_izmena:

How was the adjustment going from 8 front guns (on the Richellieu) to 4 front and 4 back?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
35 minutes ago, temp1ar said:

How was the adjustment going from 8 front guns (on the Richellieu) to 4 front and 4 back?

It isn't really any different than  BB's with 2 turrets front that only have 2 guns in each. 

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

pAYjkuG.jpg

My 1st game...

RTCB86J.jpg

BGKDt4S.jpg

U0npBqC.jpg

Good to here you are having fun with her. He max range for secondaries is 12.1 specked out with modules too. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,727 posts
8,256 battles

Carefull not showing your broadside since CA can citadel you.

Putting that bug aside, I think Republique could receive a small armor buff on certain part of ship because HE spam against this ship is almost as effective as AP spam. Plus it seems modules on this ships are weak. It feels like every HE volley will destroy something. 

But her reload is actually very trollish, when your HP is low and AR start kick in, you can reach Scharn level of CD and at T10 it often surprise cruiser.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 hours ago, SaidNoOneEver said:

@AdmiralThunder  What do you have for your captain skills?

I am using the French Capt I won in the recent BB event (JJH). I only have 15 pts on him right now and 1 is unassigned but am using the 14 as follows...

1. PT/PM/IFA
  2. EM/AR (JJH enhanced skills)
  3. BFT
  4. AFT
6 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Good to here you are having fun with her. He max range for secondaries is 12.1 specked out with modules too. 

I have it maxed as far as it will go with SBM2 and a Capt with BFT/AFT which is 11.5km. SBM3 only impacts the reload time. To get out to 12.1km you need the flag which adds 5% to the range. I don't have any of those right now. :Smile_sad:.

2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Carefull not showing your broadside since CA can citadel you.

Putting that bug aside, I think Republique could receive a small armor buff on certain part of ship because HE spam against this ship is almost as effective as AP spam. Plus it seems modules on this ships are weak. It feels like every HE volley will destroy something. 

But her reload is actually very trollish, when your HP is low and AR start kick in, you can reach Scharn level of CD and at T10 it often surprise cruiser.

Yeah, I have seen the videos of Cruisers citadeling it left and right with AP. Seems to be a bug overall not just with Republique. Even Conqueror suddenly can be citadeled easily. Saw another video about it and might have to do with some change to water drag or something? I do know about it but thanks for the heads up. I know I play Co-op but the damn bots are super accurate and always get max hits so I have to really watch it.

Yeah, the stock reload of 21.1 with MBM3 is awesome. I have JJH who has an enhanced AR as well so can only imaging how fast it can reload once damaged? Only 2 games in it so far and one was my last one last night. I kept getting booted (think due to the storm on East Coast) so I shut down for the day. Haven't taken any real damage yet to see what JJH and AR will do?

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles
43 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am using the French Capt I won in the recent BB event (JJH). I only have 15 pts on him right now and 1 is unassigned but am using the 14 as follows...

1. PT/PM/IFA
  2. EM/AR (JJH enhanced skills)
  3. BFT
  4. AFT

I have it maxed as far as it will go with SBM2 and a Capt with BFT/AFT which is 11.5km. SBM3 only impacts the reload time. To get out to 12.1km you need the flag which adds 5% to the range. I don't have any of those right now. :Smile_sad:.

Yeah, I have seen the videos of Cruisers citadeling it left and right with AP. Seems to be a bug overall not just with Republique. Even Conqueror suddenly can be citadeled easily. Saw another video about it and might have to do with some change to water drag or something? I do know about it but thanks for the heads up. I know I play Co-op but the damn bots are super accurate and always get max hits so I have to really watch it.

Yeah, the stock reload of 21.1 with MBM3 is awesome. I have JJH who has an enhanced AR as well so can only imaging how fast it can reload once damaged? Only 2 games in it so far and one was my last one last night. I kept getting booted (think due to the storm on East Coast) so I shut down for the day. Haven't taken any real damage yet to see what JJH and AR will do?

I assigned Jean-Jacques Honore (a.k.a. Jock-Strap Cousteau) to the  Republique as well. 

1. PT

2. EM, AR

3. BFT, SI

4. MFC/SA, AFT

List of modules used are: MAM1, DCSM1, SBM2, SGM2, CSM1, SBM3

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
3 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I assigned Jean-Jacques Honore (a.k.a. Jock-Strap Cousteau) to the  Republique as well. 

1. PT

2. EM, AR

3. BFT, SI

4. MFC/SA, AFT

List of modules used are: MAM1, DCSM1, SBM2, SGM2, CSM1, SBM3

For modules I am using...

• MAM1
  • DCSM1
  • SBM2
  • SGM2
  • CSM1
  • MBM3 (21.1 second reload!!!!)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
1 hour ago, WolfofWarship said:

Fantastic! Glad to hear that you are enjoying her @AdmiralThunder. Another great write up too :) awesome to hear your experiences with our game

:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles

So game 5 in Republique. Think I am getting the hang of it...:Smile_teethhappy:

oy8Zvc6.jpg

Yo9wcu7.jpg

HPdGotB.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Members
1,027 posts
6,593 battles
12 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

@AdmiralThunderAccording to Notser, he found in the 0.7.2 notes that this is actually working as intended!  Here is a direct quote from WG on this matter.

"We enhanced the interaction between the shells and ship's armor during the contact. We also fixed the bugs that caused uncommon situations in battle, namely:

• Citadel penetration caused by a HE shell in the areas where penetration is not possible;
  • Battleship detonation as a result of an HE hit from a destroyer;
  • Abnormally low damage caused by torpedoes to a destroyer with full HP;
  • Passing of a standard (not deep water torpedo) torpedo under the destroyer's hull without exploding."

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 hours ago, SaidNoOneEver said:

@AdmiralThunderAccording to Notser, he found in the 0.7.2 notes that this is actually working as intended!  Here is a direct quote from WG on this matter.

"We enhanced the interaction between the shells and ship's armor during the contact. We also fixed the bugs that caused uncommon situations in battle, namely:

• Citadel penetration caused by a HE shell in the areas where penetration is not possible;
  • Battleship detonation as a result of an HE hit from a destroyer;
  • Abnormally low damage caused by torpedoes to a destroyer with full HP;
  • Passing of a standard (not deep water torpedo) torpedo under the destroyer's hull without exploding."

I saw his video on it. If it is indeed "working as intended" as WG says then it was a huge nerf to all BB's that was not announced.

[POET]
Members
305 posts
1,890 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I saw his video on it. If it is indeed "working as intended" as WG says then it was a huge nerf to all BB's that was not announced.

We don't know HOW WG achieved the changes mentioned in the patch. Maybe they changed something that mattered.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Man French ships are bizarre.  4x2 in the front, then 4x1 front and back.  So much big ship, so few guns.  Looks odd to see something that big with only 8 guns and 2 turrets.  Its almost like a French AMX tank, done in 60t what other nations put in like 40t. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,111 posts
14,519 battles

Just recently got mine, been testing different builds out in co-op before I embarrass myself in Randoms :Smile_teethhappy:  So far I've settled on a Secondaries / Stealth Build but incorporating MBM3 to lessen the main battery reload to 21.1 seconds.  I originally had a Full Secondaries Build down to even having SBM2 AND 3, but right now, having MBM3 is a more rounded build.  So far.

Republique is extraordinarily fun but I'll see later how it translates in the demands of Tier X BB Random matches.

The main battery is effective but quirky.  There are so many contrasting strengths and issues.

Big caliber, high penetration but 8 guns at Tier X BB while many others sport 12.  Yamato is the exception with only 9 because of LOLPEN 460s and high accuracy, and the only BB that can say that at high tier.

But the dispersion is okay so far with Republique and you got a very fast reload.  With MBM3 it goes down to 21.1 seconds and with Adrenaline Rush kicking it's about 18 seconds.

The turret traverse is also very fast, only Tier VIII Roma with her Cruiser Turret Traverse is faster, and those are only 380mm guns while Republique packs 431mm.

Combine the turret traverse, power, penetration, and super fast reload, IMO, Republique is very dangerous in shorter and shorter ranges because there's very few windows where she can't plant a powerful salvo into you.  Other BBs, you have around a 26-32 second window to f--k them over if they screw up their salvo in a brawl, knife fight.  Not so with Republiqe.  21 seconds, maybe even down to 18 seconds, and she's ready to punish you again.

Again, very quirky but effective guns so far.  WG compensated some weaknesses of 8 guns only for a Tier X BB.  IMO, this kind of compensation is what Conqueror's 457 should have offered.  Not necessarily super fast reload for Conqueror 457s, but something to draw you to take the larger but fewer guns.  Conq 457 offers nothing useful while Republique's 8 guns do.

On top of those weird guns, Republique has MEGA SECONDARIES to help her out.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles
51 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just recently got mine, been testing different builds out in co-op before I embarrass myself in Randoms :Smile_teethhappy:  So far I've settled on a Secondaries / Stealth Build but incorporating MBM3 to lessen the main battery reload to 21.1 seconds.  I originally had a Full Secondaries Build down to even having SBM2 AND 3, but right now, having MBM3 is a more rounded build.  So far.

Republique is extraordinarily fun but I'll see later how it translates in the demands of Tier X BB Random matches.

The main battery is effective but quirky.  There are so many contrasting strengths and issues.

Big caliber, high penetration but 8 guns at Tier X BB while many others sport 12.  Yamato is the exception with only 9 because of LOLPEN 460s and high accuracy, and the only BB that can say that at high tier.

But the dispersion is okay so far with Republique and you got a very fast reload.  With MBM3 it goes down to 21.1 seconds and with Adrenaline Rush kicking it's about 18 seconds.

The turret traverse is also very fast, only Tier VIII Roma with her Cruiser Turret Traverse is faster, and those are only 380mm guns while Republique packs 431mm.

Combine the turret traverse, power, penetration, and super fast reload, IMO, Republique is very dangerous in shorter and shorter ranges because there's very few windows where she can't plant a powerful salvo into you.  Other BBs, you have around a 26-32 second window to f--k them over if they screw up their salvo in a brawl, knife fight.  Not so with Republiqe.  21 seconds, maybe even down to 18 seconds, and she's ready to punish you again.

Again, very quirky but effective guns so far.  WG compensated some weaknesses of 8 guns only for a Tier X BB.  IMO, this kind of compensation is what Conqueror's 457 should have offered.  Not necessarily super fast reload for Conqueror 457s, but something to draw you to take the larger but fewer guns.  Conq 457 offers nothing useful while Republique's 8 guns do.

shot-18_03.12_14_01.07-0089.thumb.jpg.427651a14facb95d0c9e7dc095ce280e.jpg

Since the current max range was nerfed to 20k. I had to make some adjustments with respect to my Captain skills. Additionally, I switched modules from TASM1 to CSM1 and SBM3 for MBM3.  I now have a 1.3K window from being detected to secondaries opening up on the selected target. i had a good match assisting the Gearing taking by having the enemy focus on me not him.  Since I do not use VG or TASM1 I now am heavily relying on DDs to scout torps for me to avoid.   

shot-18.03.12_23.33.38-0422.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
8 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

shot-18_03.12_14_01.07-0089.thumb.jpg.427651a14facb95d0c9e7dc095ce280e.jpg

Since the current max range was nerfed to 20k. I had to make some adjustments with respect to my Captain skills. Additionally, I switched modules from TASM1 to CSM1 and SBM3 for MBM3.  I now have a 1.3K window from being detected to secondaries opening up on the selected target. i had a good match assisting the Gearing taking by having the enemy focus on me not him.  Since I do not use VG or TASM1 I now am heavily relying on DDs to scout torps for me to avoid.   

shot-18.03.12_23.33.38-0422.jpg

Wrong thread bud. This one is on Republique not Alsace.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Sounds like you built your Republique like I did mine with SBM2/CSM1/MBM3. It is a very effective build for Co-op anyway. Use it on my high tier German BB's too. Capt runs BFT/AFT.

One thing I didn't see you comment on is the fantastic AA in Republique. Have you seen any CV's in your games with it? I mean it is T9/T10 US BB good. I haven't had a game yet where the bot CV has it in for me and sends wave after wave after wave at me like I have in my US high tier BB's where I have shot down as many as 65 in a game. 22 is my high so far but only 13 games. When I have had planes come at me they are just melted away.

I really like the ship which surprises me with the odd gun setup.

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,860 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Sounds like you built your Republique like I did mine with SBM2/CSM1/MBM3. It is a very effective build for Co-op anyway. Use it on my high tier German BB's too. Capt runs BFT/AFT.

One thing I didn't see you comment on is the fantastic AA in Republique. Have you seen any CV's in your games with it? I mean it is T9/T10 US BB good. I haven't had a game yet where the bot CV has it in for me and sends wave after wave after wave at me like I have in my US high tier BB's where I have shot down as many as 65 in a game. 22 is my high so far but only 13 games. When I have had planes come at me they are just melted away.

I really like the ship which surprises me with the odd gun setup.

I haven't seen any matches with CVs with her yet. My luck will run out. Good to know Admiral Thunder. Thanks.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
2 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I haven't seen any matches with CVs with her yet. My luck will run out. Good to know Admiral Thunder. Thanks.

If the CV gets obsessed and really wants to get you, human or bot, and it just keeps sending planes some will get through but it will be at a big cost. The AA really is amazing. Has a 100 AA rating with just a Capt running BFT/AFT (ie; no AA modules). Just for comparison I will list Republique and Montana stats for you. Both are 100 ratings, both have Capt's with BFT/AFT, but the Montana has AAGM2...

Republique:

• 12X2 57MM = 5.4km / 364 avg dps
  • 8X2 127MM = 6.2km / 151 avg dps
  • 3X3 152MM = 6.0km / 40 avg dps

Montana:

• 20X1 20MM = 2.9km / 86 avg dps
  • 20X2 20MM = 2.9km / 145 avg dps
  • 20X4 40MM = 5.1km / 382 avg dps
  • 10X2 127MM = 7.5km / 188 avg dps

So Montana has more guns and can do more dps overall BUT a large portion of the guns are short range so the planes get closer before they can come into play which can make it easier for them to have some survive and get to you. Republique's AA guns all reach out there, so while it has fewer guns overall, all of them are firing sooner so they have more time to take planes out. Honestly they feel about the same to me "net" with a slight edge to Montana.  Makes me wonder how insane Republique's AA could be with a full AA build. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1