You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Don't try buying the Gallant in the tech tree

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles

It shows as being available for 4500 doubloons. I bought 4500 doubloons and tried to buy it and it says there is a problem with my purchase. I sent in a ticket, send them a picture of the fail purchase, and they tell me that the Gallant was taken off the list of available tech tree ships this last patch. Only the geniuses FORGOT to remove the "But it now" option in the tech tree. Would they make an exception for me? Nope. Thank you WG for your wonderful customer service.

Edited by Deputy276
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

IMO, they should still allow those that purchase until it's fixed.

If that happened at the majority of stores in town, they would have to sell it.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,156 posts
9,299 battles
24 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

It shows as being available for 4500 doubloons. I bought 4500 doubloons and tried to buy it and it says there is a problem with my purchase. I sent in a ticket, send them a picture of the fail purchase, and they tell me that the Gallant was taken off the list of available tech tree ships this last patch. Only the geniuses FORGOT to remove the "But it now" option in the tech tree. Would they make an exception for me? Nope. Thank you WG for your wonderful customer service.

ASk them to push it up to a supervisor. I had a problem with a special offer one time locking up my game and not allowing me to act onit. THey told me there was nothing they could do, but hope that the special offer would come again. I asked them to push it up the chainas I had screenshots and doubloon transactioin records and a supervisor was able to help me out and put the transaction through for me manually.

It was for the LY, one of the best purchases I made as I used it to rank out nearly about a year later after I got it.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts
1,338 battles

If you have the extended tech tree mod, you can see the T3 German BB premium for 2200 Doubloons or near that, the OP one that's not for sale anymore. but it won't go through, either. :P

[SYN]
Members
334 posts
11,834 battles
49 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Only the geniuses FORGOT to remove the "But it now" option in the tech tree. 

They did one better and removed it from the tech tree.

If you're going to use mods so you can see it again it falls on you to know what is possible to buy.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles

Gallant, in the tech tree?  Don't think so, mate.

Using an extended tech tree mod?  If so, well, you might want to take a moment and think about that...

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1,791 battles

Someone has the Extended Tech Tree Mod dont they?:

q9q36Sz.jpg

Thats what the tech tree looks like without it. Find the Gallant.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,433 posts
4,302 battles

Did they refuse to accept your gold, or did they take it and then neglect to give you the ship?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,005 posts
7,530 battles
7 minutes ago, bremen_ said:

They did one better and removed it from the tech tree.

If you're going to use mods so you can see it again it falls on you to know what is possible to buy.

Exactly this. Gallant aint available, hasnt been for weeks.

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did they refuse to accept your gold, or did they take it and then neglect to give you the ship?

He tried to buy a ship that was displayed in a downloadable tech tree modification, one that isn't available in the official tech tree and hasn't been since forever.  He walked himself into that but he's blaming WG for it.

Edited by Kuckoo

Members
1,749 posts
9,938 battles
8 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Someone has the Extended Tech Tree Mod dont they?:

q9q36Sz.jpg

Thats what the tech tree looks like without it. Find the Gallant.

Its got really good concealment man.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[BNKR]
Members
419 posts
2,506 battles

The real question is why you'd actually buy a Gallant. 

:cap_tea:

:Smile-_tongue:

(Honestly, tho, one would think they'd refund your dubs.)

Edited by MajorEnglush

[ARGSY]
Members
6,433 posts
4,302 battles
8 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

He tried to buy a ship that was displayed in a downloadable tech tree modification, one that isn't available in the official tech tree and hasn't been since forever.  He walked himself into that but he's blaming WG for it.

I gathered as much, but I was still curious as to exactly at what point the purchase fell through.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles
53 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

If you have the extended tech tree mod, you can see the T3 German BB premium for 2200 Doubloons or near that, the OP one that's not for sale anymore. but it won't go through, either. :P

This. I use the extended tech tree and it shows it for sale and it really isn't. Yet it also shows ships for sale that ARE for sale in the tech tree as well as ships that are ONLY available in the Prem shop. So I guess buyer beware if you are using the extended tech tree. The purchase "fell through" when I hit the buy button. It said there was a problem with this purchase and wait until later and try again. That was REAL helpful. 

Edited by Deputy276

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
1,791 battles
2 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

This. I use the extended tech tree and it shows it for sale and it really isn't. Yet it also shows ships for sale that ARE for sale in the tech tree as well as ships that are ONLY available in the Prem shop. So I guess buyer beware if you are using the extended tech tree. The purchase "fell through" when I hit the buy button. It said there was a problem with this purchase and wait until later and try again. That was REAL helpful. 

Look at the icon in the upper  left of the ship icon on the tech tree. Purchasable ships have the wreath. Unavailable ships have a circular chain.

Or hover over the ship and wait for the tool tip to pop up, and it'll tell you its on able to be purchased in the premium shop or if its completely unavailable.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles

I understand this is frustrating but this isn't WG's fault... they can't control what a mod does. If you have a problem with how the mod displays ships talk to the mod creator. 

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,661 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

22 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

It's so sad it's kind of funny

it's something I would do 

Oops

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles
8 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

It's so sad it's kind of funny

it's something I would do 

Oops

Yeah...write it off to poop happens and lesson learned. But I find it kinda strange it said to come back later and try to buy it. Even stranger that WG wouldn't just sell it to me after explaining it wasn't really available normally. I guess good customer relations isn't one of WG's strong points. :Smile_Default: Maybe if I screamed in their reply TAKE MY MONEY they would do it. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,458 battles

Look at the bright side, OP; now you can spend your dubloons on something better than an effing Gallant.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,119 battles
13 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Look at the bright side, OP; now you can spend your dubloons on something better than an effing Gallant.

Which I did! Spent real $$ on the Loyang. Awesome DD. But I keep calling it Low Wang. :Smile_teethhappy: