You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

Limit DD torp ammo!!1 stop this War on BBs!!

71 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,457 battles
54 minutes ago, behindurback said:

it makes no sense how a DD can just pump out salvos after salvos of torps

there is no way they can carry that many salvos of torps.

DD torp ammo needs to be limited per game so that they will have to use their torps strategitically instead of just spamming them!!!

so tired of dodging 1 torp salvo and then 20 seconds later another torp salvo incomming

this War on BBs needs to STOP!!

You know I really hate people like you....you give us BB mains a bad name. Way to go [edited]-stick you have continued the BBaby sterotype and made all BB mains fell ashamed because of people like you.

• Cool 4

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,987 posts
16,760 battles

Let's Nerf the battleships rudder also while we're at it:cap_popcorn:

In before the lock down:etc_red_button:

Sorry I just couldn't resist the bait:Smile_hiding:

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,457 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

Let's Nerf the battleships rudder also while we're at it:cap_popcorn:

In before the lock down:etc_red_button:

Forget a lock, this idiot should have been banned, considering his last thread about the Asashio.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,987 posts
16,760 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Forget a lock, this idiot should have been banned, considering his last thread about the Asashio.

Well you're probably right

but it gets us talking

But it does give you Battleship drivers a bad name

Truly I really do love you guys

Edited by silverdahc

[SYN]
Members
5,168 posts
12,399 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Lol, considering any of his threads.  Ever.

They are all equally worthless.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,457 battles
Just now, Kuckoo said:

Lol, considering any of his threads.  Ever.

They are all equally worthless.

My point exactly he is like the WW I "Steamboat" hater, just a whining baby who should have been banned from the forums a long time agofrom his truly idiotic threads.

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,526 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

To the Mod who will ultimately kill this thread, please keep an eye on this guy.

I haven't seen trolling this hard since Blasto. 

:Smile_honoring:

Those were the days....

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
943 posts
17,060 battles

This was last night,  other than the CV it was a 100% BB in random battle, with zero Cruisers and DD, been in these few times this week!   LOL I loved it but to be fair, we need more DD and Cruisers.

BBs.jpg

Members
484 posts
2,949 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Lead me to the Asashio thread.

14 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

This was last night,  other than the CV it was a 100% BB in random battle, with zero Cruisers and DD, been in these few times this week!   LOL I loved it but to be fair, we need more DD and Cruisers.

BBs.jpg

Probably a pipe dream for those CVs, the farming would have been real.

EDIT: farming for the Taiho

Edited by GabeTheDespot

[SEOP]
Members
1,522 posts
8,233 battles
2 hours ago, behindurback said:

DD torp ammo needs to be limited per game so that they will have to use their torps strategitically instead of just spamming them!!!

so tired of dodging 1 torp salvo and then 20 seconds later another torp salvo incomming

I used to think the same thing when I first started playing WoWs.  It felt like way too much torp spam.  So I went back to WoT where I was somewhat comfortable with the "too much premium ammo spam" and the "too much arty cancer death from above spam". 

I eventually came back to WoWs a lil at a time.  Slowly inching my way toward assimilation.  Now that I'm fully assimilated and 7 of 9 (its a borg reference for gawds sake), I'm pretty comfortable with the somewhat more Arcadia approach to torpedoes.  I think it has to be this way given the nature of the game and how WG has decided to balance DD play. 

Beta Testers
185 posts
6,317 battles
2 hours ago, behindurback said:

lol-lol-lol

[SEOP]
Members
1,522 posts
8,233 battles
32 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

How  is the OP  not banned yet 

he's popular with the girls.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,886 posts

I can live with destroyers dropping unrealistic numbers of torpedoes- without em, they'd be hard pressed to defend themselves, let alone carry their weight in a match.   They're Destroyers- it's not like you don't KNOW they're coming...   As much as I like to gunbote with my DD's,  I'd be screwed w/o the torps.   4 and 5" popguns just don't cut it when you have a close encounter with a big cruiser or BB- or several enemies at once.

However, ime, the real source of the torpedo soup is cruisers.   So many of them just spam torpedoes everywhere, as if they didn't even have guns and/or are just big DD's.   it's like they think that just because they have them, they need to use them as often as possible.  And now a bunch of BB's have them, too. 

90+% of the time, of I'm dodging friendly torps, it was some dweeb in a cruiser who chucked them.  Likewise, most of the red doritos that I eat were launched by cruisers, not DD's.

Good troll!  I give it a 4.5 out of 5.   Cuz you know all the DD mains' heads just exploded reading that title, lol.

• Funny 1

[UEFN]
Members
943 posts
17,060 battles
23 hours ago, GabeTheDespot said:

Lead me to the Asashio thread.

Probably a pipe dream for those CVs, the farming would have been real.

EDIT: farming for the Taiho

Every CV's juicy dream came true, wish i brung my Taiho as well!  lol

Beta Testers
1,582 posts
On 3/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, behindurback said:

As a DD main I sort of would like to see limited ammo in the form of DDs having only a limited amount of reloads. Like, 5 for example for a shimakaze. 

However, that would only be fair if torpedoes were made more effective...and by that I dont mean increase their damage.. I mean that torps should be given additional effects upon hitting a target, depending on where it hits. 

For example, if you split a ship into 3 sections.. fore, mid and aft ... a torp hitting any of the three would cause damage as it does now.. BUT...

each section would have its own flood damage (if flood triggers). Meaning you could get up to three floods running at once. 

Flooding on nose section should increase the frequency of flood damage ticks as water enters the nose faster. 

Flooding on midsection makes turn radius wider while flood is active (ship lists due to flooding).

Flooding in aft reduces engine power (ship accelerates half as fast) while flood is active..the engine room is flooding. 

LIKEWISE.. I would give ships more tools to combat flooding. For example:

- Change the flood damage mechanic: Time between 'ticks' of damage is based on ship's speed with zero speed tripling the delay per tick. So if a flood damage tick now happens every 4 seconds then... at zero speed you'd get 1 tick every 12 seconds. At max speed you'd get one tick every 4 seconds, at half speed you get one tick every 6 seconds. Reverse or lowest speed setting you get one tick every 8 seconds.  If the flood is taking place in the nose of the ship these numbers get modified based on ship's speed. 

- Both repair and damage control heal floods. The heal ability would heal one flood every X seconds the heal is active (X being current heal duration total divided by three). 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,906 posts
On 3/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, behindurback said:

Dude I saw an answer to this you'd Hate far far more,  The answer was from  a  DD  main and answer was he'd except a limit on the amount of torps he  could spam in exchange for a higher hit ratio on the torps he he did send.....................................................................................Think about it:Smile_facepalm:

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,639 battles

Well unless you are going to support adding ammo limitations to all ships, no.